LIVE - Mariner - Miami to Lima 1/5/2018 to 1/23/2018

irishwitchy

Leave Key West Jan 6 – sea day Jan 7

We didn’t get to triviayesterday I think my husband was very happy at the pool deck. Stopped at the Mariner Lounge and put our name in for a window table and had a couple of drinks. We did the tasting menu in Compass Rose, because we really liked the selection (chicken/goose liver, parsnip soup, seafood risotto, lamb chops and desert. We had two requests – we want everything hot, because last night it wasn’t and the other was to add that ½ lobster tail to our seafood risotto. Everything came out hot and perfect. Adding that piece of lobster to the seafood risotto took a bit of conversation with our waiter and us. Happy to say, it worked out great and it as a great meal. The bottle of Silverado Solo cab for $125 was also very good. We caught the tuxedo show at 9:30 and it was ok. Just not my cup of tea in general.

Captain has mentioned earlier that we may have some rougher seas tonight and I had taken a Dramamine just in case, therefore I didn’t need any more booze in me. The feature movie was My Fair Lady – not a favorite, but watching the scene the rain in Spain falls …. was fun.

Sunday morning was going to be busy. Champers and caviar for breakfast (we declined), 10:00 was the Cruise Critic meet and mingle. We had 13 out of 17 show up, so a great turn out and it was nice to meet the whole team on the ship.

10:45 a chance to taste the wines in the Mariner lounge and meet the sommelier team. Discovered we liked the French and Italian choices (old), not so much the new world wines. 11:15 we had a tour and cooking demo with Chef Kelly. That was very interesting and we learned a few things. For example, if you order something like feta cheese/spinach in an omelet and that isn’t already on the menu, it won’t be in the kitchen. Hence, the waiter needs to get permission to go get it from the refrigerator down floors and someone else needs to unlock it and prepare if needed. This takes lots of time, so keep this in mind if you are in a hurry. They put out some food for the 10of us. The smoked salmon and crab claws were very tasty and was lunch for both of us.

Spend the afternoon with a book and lounge chair at the pool. At 4:15 we did make it to trivia and our team came in second! Currently in the room and watching one of the lectures we missed today. Optional formal night and that captain is doing his welcome tonight also. We are missing that. The entertainment tonight is a harpist and I really like harp music, so we plan on catching that later. Internet is very slow. Need to be dress and be on my way. I will ask for that lemonchello champagne drink!

Lovely dinner in Prime C last night with a fun couple

Other couple though sea were rough

Calmest seas ever intonCoz in two years

See what tonight brings

Got another invite for drinks as a GV guest

That makes two in one week plus the jacket

Will try it on when cooler

Dinner was the best dinner

Will beceating in Prime more

Still have others on list

Lovely dinner in Prime C last night with a fun couple

Other couple though sea were rough

Calmest seas ever intonCoz in two years

See what tonight brings

Got another invite for drinks as a GV guest

That makes two in one week plus the jacket

Will try it on when cooler

Dinner was the best dinner

Will beceating in Prime more

Still have others on list

Enjoying your reports! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how things are going on the Mariner.

As for dining, do try to make it to Signatures at least once. We thought it was one of the better specialty dining venues. If Erkan is still onboard, he is simply the best. He does a great job making sure Signatures is running smoothly and that everyone is happy. The menu does rotate there, but if you see a main described as open faced ravioli with lobster and scallop, it's delicious! The mushroom soup is also excellent.

Looking forward to more installments!

Robin, we need to find each other tomorrow! We are doing the speed boats tomorrow. My husband and I will be easy to locate on the ship. I have long black hair and he has grey hair in a small pony tail!

I have a grand voyager tour tonight

Will be in cabin from 430 or five

Cabin is 920

I am free all tomorrow and night

Phone ringer is low

But i take message

Dinner sette marie

Not seen you

Eat about 8 or so

Was at pool yesterday

Not long

Loved prime 7

Saw several things to eat

Iriswitchey, Elbon your live reports are chock full of entertaining/useful information, thank you.

Robin, u may want to ask the Maitre’d in the Restaurant to have a standing order of Spinach for your each time u dine in the MDR. We have a standing order of fresh sliced avocados every nite, and Ida has a standing order of a Spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette with some roasted chicken. This works well for us as we then have a small main course and often just have frozen yogurt for desert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iriswitchey, Elbon your live reports are chock full of entertaining/useful information, thank you.

Robin, u may want to ask the Maitre’d in the Restaurant to have a standing order of Spinach for your each time u dine in the MDR. We have a standing order of fresh sliced avocados every nite, and Ida has a standing order of a Spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette with some roasted chicken. This works well for us as we then have a small main course and often just have frozen yogurt for desert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too funny

I already did

It will be my dinner tomorrow night

Just spinach salad

Some nights that is all i need

The special event for the GV peeps makes up for everything

Wow wow wow

The dancer dance while the singer and band blew us away

Her name is Elizabeth and she is great

Food wine booze

And it was great

Not thrilled with my butler

I have had better

He needs to be more on top Of things instead of me telling him

My last two were prwfect

Today he brought breakfast on a plastic tray and left it

I took everything off of it and set me up

Thought that was his job

Robin - you need to request another butler - especially since you will be onboard for so long. It isn't a big deal - we have done this a couple of times. Either ask to speak with the Head Butler or speak with the General Manager. They will make the change seamlessly!

Not thrilled with my butler

I have had better

He needs to be more on top Of things instead of me telling him

My last two were prwfect

Today he brought breakfast on a plastic tray and left it

I took everything off of it and set me up

Thought that was his job

With all due respect, just curious if you mentioned anything to him before he left (not that you should have had to, of course) about his lack of service? Would have been interesting to hear his reply.

Guess the piano player can not sing

So sad

Never had one who could not

I'll chime in here. We were on this same cruise (the Miami to Lima leg) last year.

The piano player was wonderful. But no, he did not sing. I can't remember his name, but he was a stellar musician. He also ran several great music trivia sessions.

I will be joining this cruise in Lima and going through to Rio. I just received an e-mail from Paul Reynolds today. He stated that he will now be replacing Lorraine as CD on January 23rd in Lima. Originally, it was Margaret that was scheduled to replace Lorraine.

Well, Darren did better with my. Calling breakfast today, all the damn coffee coming from room service vs closer to the cabins.

Today he removed he dishes from the tray and left the tray where I can see it. At least off tray. Cystral coffee is better. I like to know why a five star line leave trays out in plain set and not take hem away,

I wrote out my breakfast menus fir the next four days as I have tours from 730 to 10.

Yesterday tour was a mess. This is not regents fault but the dolfin place. Just poor, not organized at all. By the time I left at 230 more quiet. But poorly run by them. I did not even look at my pictures as it was a zoo. Time in water would of been ok if we got to swim more. Groups too big,they do nit get ship people with ship people. The tour helpers were entainersl one never lead a tour before after yesterday she never will. I was in one of the last groups in water and not sure if they stayed to see if we were in our free shuttle back. Never saw them after I went to the. Bathroom.

Hope other free tours are better run.

TC..I think the prefect phase is Culture Shock. Coming from two cruise lines that have live music between between 1130 to 1230 each night plus a disco rhst people go into. I feel I am on a nursing home with great food,

Having a Pacino singer who can not sing is just sad.in 80 cruises never seen that. I came fake sing some but not enough.

I am missing a coffee bar at night. Cystral s in better than Az but both ships have one.

I took this cruise for rhe ports but did not resize how dead rhe ship really was.

Also I need my blood pressure checked and they wanted me to see the dr. Give me a break. Just check it. It was very high after I got sick after Cmas. So I still do not feel right. The hour at night I am in cabin or somewhere. The morning hour I am in bed or off ship.

Did you know there a crew entrance ? How 1800! They have better hours too.

As farca butler goes he will learn I hope . He at least used my given name today.

Today he removed he dishes from the tray and left the tray where I can see it. At least off tray. Cystral coffee is better. I like to know why a five star line leave trays out in plain set and not take hem away,

Our butler on the Mariner did this as well (left the tray). I think he did it so that it was handy for him to use when he came back to retrieve the dishes once we were completed with our meal. I am sure that your butler would remove the tray if you asked him.

BBfromCA/Bill & Matthew, Elbon/Robin, just heard from the President of Regent and our LIMA to Buenos Aires meet & mingle (our first sea day) is now scheduled, pls see below. Jason also green lighted my plan to profile select crewmembers on board. Often on both Silversea and Regent we profile select crewmembers--general rule is to profile crewmembers who do not get told thank you by the guests (e.g. rations team, members of the galley (cooks, sous chef), anchor team, et. al). Intent is twofold: to let the crewmember's friends and family know what an outstanding job their family member/friend are doing (if they would like to become my Face book friends) as I post these profiles on Facebook (my page and Regent page). Also, to let the Regent cruise critic audience know a little more about these crew members.

To: Wes

Sent: January 9, 2018 at 10:29 AM

Subject: RE: Lima to Buenos Aires Meet & Mingle time/date please

Hi Wes,

Received the following from our team:

The Meet & Mingle has been confirmed on 01/25/2018 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM in the Observation Lounge (sectioned).

Safe travels and hope you have an amazing trip!

All the best,

Jason

Our butler on the Mariner did this as well (left the tray). I think he did it so that it was handy for him to use when he came back to retrieve the dishes once we were completed with our meal. I am sure that your butler would remove the tray if you asked him.

He left the tray with my food on it..on the Tavel. If it was silver and just coffe I would get it. Oceania pulls that and I move the tray behind curtain,

He left the tray with my food on it..on the Tavel. If it was silver and just coffe I would get it. Oceania pulls that and I move the tray behind curtain,

On the table

Today i was not in cabin and my fresh shrimp was in there at 515

I got my sneakers and and hour later called him to check when left

So i wasted food

One day i got my snack around six and today no idea

Just canceled two tours

Decided on beach and rent snorkel

Another to long

Elbon/Robin, Iriswitchey; hope y'all continue to enjoy you Mariner voyage.

If you have time can you find out if the Tri Tones duo (Elisabeta & Janos) are playing in the Horizon Lounge at nite. We enjoyed their dancing music during last year's Auckland to Hong Kong Grand voyage.

Did Michael Coghlan (new GM) board today?