Tour boat carrying cruisers sinks in Mexico. It’s the second accident in recent weeks

IRL_Joanie

I realize that this is NOT a HAL Excursion, but I'm willing to bet that the Vendor is also affiliated with HAL as well as other cruise lines.

So here we go again, another Mexico Vendor has a problem involving 10 passengers from RCL sinking....EVERYONE is safe, but...

Tour boat carrying cruisers sinks in Mexico. It’s the second accident in recent weeks.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article193612034.html

Looks like the eastern side of Mexico may get some black eyes this year (unfortunately)

Joanie

Wow, another incident involving RCI and Celebrity passengers - that must have been scary. As another person said, at least they were divers, comfortable in the water, but still . . .

I'm glad everyone was safe in this case.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Wasn't g there a tou r bus accident with cruisers aboarrd in Mexico just a few weeks ago? Whoa., not good. . I think it highly likely all the cruise lines use many of the same tour providers.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I would think that it's very likely that HAL would use the same tour operators. How scary! The good thing is that all of those involved were on a dive excursion, so they were comfortable being in the water. Thank goodness, everyone is okay.

I was on the NA in Nov and the Konigsdam over Christmas and they asked people to take their ship card and another form of Government ID along when we went to shore on all port calls. Must be the new policy. If I were a diver, I would purchase a waterproof case for it, though.

I was on the NA in Nov and the Konigsdam over Christmas and they asked people to take their ship card and another form of Government ID along when we went to shore on all port calls. Must be the new policy. If I were a diver, I would purchase a waterproof case for it, though.

For quite awhile we have had to show government ID when reboarding. This was true last month when we were in HAWAII !

Not really a new rule and it applies to some ports (not the ship) where shore-side security wants to see your ship I.D. plus a form of government-issued photo I.D. when returning back to the port/dock/pier. The requirement is port-specific, meaning you won't see it/will not be asked for it in many ports

OR get a passport card to bring ashore on such an excusion