One Day Short

ExDean

When we board our September '18 cruise we will be one day short of Elite (149 days). Will we be Elite on day two and the rest of our cruise? We did get recognized as Ruby in the middle of our 26 day Med cruise. DW looks forward to her "free" laundry which cost me 13 cruises to get her there!!! That a lot of laundry coins.

Just curious?

You won’t reach the Elite level until your next cruise & not during your cruise beginning with 149 days.

From Princess Captain’s Circle Elite requirements:

From your 16th cruise on, or 151+ cruise days*

* Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

A bit unusual to have 149 days but fewer than 15 cruise credits.

Unfortunately unless your next cruise consists of more than one segment that is sold either singly or separately (as I suspect your 26 day Med cruise must have been in order to move up in loyalty midway) you will not be Elite until the following cruise.

The language in the Captains Circle section of the website is consistent and straightforward:

ELITE From your 16th cruise on, or 151+ cruise days*

Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days.

...unless on Day 2 you can sweet talk the Circle Host onboard ;)

Why Not?? When I reached Elite, I had 13 cruises but 160 days. All of my cruises are longer than 15 days.

I said unusual, not impossible. You have to admit that reports like yours--representing the small number of passengers who have the time and resources to confine themselves to longer cruises--are far outnumbered by those boasting about how few days they needed to reach the 15 cruise credits.

When we board our September '18 cruise we will be one day short of Elite (149 days). Will we be Elite on day two and the rest of our cruise? We did get recognized as Ruby in the middle of our 26 day Med cruise. DW looks forward to her "free" laundry which cost me 13 cruises to get her there!!! That a lot of laundry coins.

Just curious?

Use the coins until next time.

Unfortunately unless your next cruise consists of more than one segment that is sold either singly or separately (as I suspect your 26 day Med cruise must have been in order to move up in loyalty midway) you will not be Elite until the following cruise.

The language in the Captains Circle section of the website is consistent and straightforward:

Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days.

I’m not sure why you think it’s unusual to have 149 days and less than 15 cruises.

We will do it (all being equal) at 6 cruises.

I’m not sure why you think it’s unusual to have 149 days and less than 15 cruises.

We will do it (all being equal) at 6 cruises.

Again I was just making an anecdotal observation, not a critical one. Merely that based on the general discussion from this mainly North American sample of Princess cruisers, it appears that a significant majority will cite reaching the 15 cruise credits milestone before the 150 cruise days one. In many cases in barely half of the latter number.

Why Not?? When I reached Elite, I had 13 cruises but 160 days. All of my cruises are longer than 15 days.
Same here. I had over 150 days but only twelve cruises. This was before cruise credits. I became Elite instantly when Princess added the number of cruise days to be eligible for Elite. Prior to that, it was strictly the number of cruises whether a 1-day or 31-day cruise. Inherently unfair. [emoji20]

Same here. I had over 150 days but only twelve cruises. This was before cruise credits. I became Elite instantly when Princess added the number of cruise days to be eligible for Elite. Prior to that, it was strictly the number of cruises whether a 1-day or 31-day cruise. Inherently unfair. [emoji20]

I’d like to see everything based on days.

I said unusual, not impossible. You have to admit that reports like yours--representing the small number of passengers who have the time and resources to confine themselves to longer cruises--are far outnumbered by those boasting about how few days they needed to reach the 15 cruise credits.

Actually it's not uncommon in our part of the world, We rarely see 7 night cruises. Apart from the occasional short 2 or 3 night cruise, most Princess cruises are 12 to 14 nights, and some of the interesting itineraries are longer. If all goes well we will reach Elite at the end of next year after 8 cruises: 13, 17, 21, 20, 21, 22, 6, and 35 nights respectively.

A bit unusual to have 149 days but fewer than 15 cruise

Don’t apologize for your post. There are some who pride themselves on having attained their ‘status’ through longer voyages. Some are quite sensitive about the fact others pride themselves on getting theirs with the shortest voyages possible.

In any given thread they’ll post comments for the same side of the discussion as you have taken by trying to highlight the second group which seemingly appears here more frequently. I sometimes think the side someone takes in a discussion is based on mood. Lol.

Based on the posts I’ve read on the board I agree with you. There seems to be quite a few posters in these boards who live close to ports where the short 1,3,5...etc voyages occur, making it easy for them to attain elite status.

Just for the record we have 11 voyage credits and have about 110 days so I guess we wouldn’t make good fodder for an energetic debate on the subject.

I think I will start a thread asking everyone how many days it took or will take for them to reach Elite. Not a survey exactly but curious minds want to know. Lol.

We made Elite before the "days" method was added. Wanted to get to Elite before a Panama cruise so took a one day Seattle to Vancouver and then a suite on a different ship from Vancouver to LA. Instant three credits. If you are short of days you could take one of these but might not be any between now and September (most of these are end of season in mid to late September).

• 2 months later...

Just curious?

Hi Larry, must be following each other...

We too reach Elite on our Sept 8th to 28th cruise, haven't checked exactly, don't really matter to me, nothings free, cost us a fortune to get to that level. All I know is they dont give it to ya until your following cruise, so I guess we will be there by our Christmas cruise 2018...

You said September 18th? I have you on the September 8th Roll Call, you guys change to the b2b?

Hi to Sue, hope your both well

. A friend did it in two. They had cruised extensively with other lines, did a WC with Princess. Liked it so much they did another.