Falmouth-Why-oh Why-oh does RCL keep stoping here-IDEAS PLS!

Why oh why do they keep going to the Caribbean I’ve been to all the islands and boo oh boo-hoo hoo, cmmmmoooonnn, we could say this about every island I mean Saint Thomas they been going to since the beginning of time... San Juan for example I have no interest in I stay on the boat

Because Caribbean cruises regardless of cruise lines sail week after week to the same ports. and after we have done say an Eastern, & Western, then we look for new itineraries to give us places we haven't seen before. I still would like to do a Southern so for the ports we have seen, that day would be to walk around the port & relax on board. By living on the West Coast, it doesn't pay to fly across the US for a 7 day cruise so would book a B2B.

Know that you are a thread fav, but I really HATE answers like this. We really enjoy the Oasis with all it`s toys, Labadee is an ok beach day and well, Coz is Coz!

Jamaica is getting more dangerous every day and very little to do.

-

And yes I can blame RCCL, when so many write and post to drop Jamaica!!! I am Customer

Over half of any given sailing is first timers. Not everyone is a veteran like you

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Done the Falls climb, tubing and Blue Hole. Is spending $100 bucks at Buffet`s palace our destiny? Our group is desperate for Something new.

Please RCCL, find a new deep water port!

-

And No -Don`t want no gangi-Mon!

I have never been to Falmouth so taking a chance on Jamaica Culinary tour - 2 1/2 hr walkin g and tasting - got good reviews on trip adviser.

We did the trolley ride that leaves from the area right off the ship. It was just over an hour tour. Our guide was very informative and told about the history and culture of the area. We didn't go too far from the ship. Stopped at a pretty little church and went inside to hear about its history. There was a small straw market right outside the church and the vendors were NOT at all pushy or aggressive as is often the case. I think it was about $18 per person. We enjoyed it and felt very safe the entire time. Just FYI. :D

Falmouth was BUILT for cruiseships...that's why they stop there.

Falmouth existed before the ships stopped there but Royal Caribbean financed the port complex and cruise ship docks so ships could stop there. So Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are likely to stop there for years to come.

When we were in Falmouth 2 seasons ago, we did a guided walking tour of the town, through RCL. It was about 3 hours. Very informative, relaxing, and fun. We even went into the local elementary school during recess. Not tons to do there, but we enjoyed that long walk. If it is ever a port on another cruise it will likely be a ship day.

When we were there I did the self guided “Third World Poverty Extravaganza Walking Tour.” The price was right...free, and I got to experience getting constantly hounded by drug dealers and vendors peddling their overpriced souvenirs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As noted, RC signed an agreement and invested a lot of money into developing the port. Jamaica thought it would be good for Falmouth but it hasn't worked out so well for the city.

First, the port area is fenced off and only licensed vendors and stores are allowed inside the fence. It's a newly-developed shopping area with lots of stores selling made-in-China souvenirs of Jamaica. The locals are not allowed in unless they are an employee of one of the stores.

Second, most people who go on excursions leave Falmouth and go elsewhere. They get in a taxi or a van inside the fence and leave town. Many go to Dunn's River Falls or Montego Bay or adventure excursions such as rafting or horseback riding or zip lines.

I don't think Falmouth is getting the economic benefits they thought they'd get.

When we were there I did the self guided “Third World Poverty Extravaganza Walking Tour.” The price was right...free, and I got to experience getting constantly hounded by drug dealers and vendors peddling their overpriced souvenirs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like New York City

MYSTIC MOUNTAIN!!! Rccl doesn’t call it that, though, I don’t think. It’s a Zipline roller coaster combo. Awesome. You take a ski lift-type chairlift up the mountain and do the roller coaster. It’s one person per car and you can have two cars hooked together if you want. Then you zipline through the trees - 10+ zips, I think? That brings you most of the way down and you hop on the chairlift for the rest of the way down. There’s also a pool with a slide at the top, food and a souvenir store. One of our very favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not just Rccl stopping there either, we were there with the Disney Fantasy. If you look at the schedule, Rccl, Disney, NCL, and princess all use Falmouth. I think it's just a natural stop on a western itinerary.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you've done just about everything in Cozumel, try the Cozumel Amazing Race. We had a great time doing this last time there. Falmouth is very poor and they haven't benefited from the port area the cruise lines built like they thought they would, which is a shame. Hopefully the cruise lines will get with the people there and come up with something that will make it a better port to stop at and put some money into their economy.

Over half of any given sailing is first timers. Not everyone is a veteran like you

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This is going to be our first ever cruise (December, and really looking forward to it) and we have never been to Jamaica, Cozumel or Grand Cayman. So for us it is going to be our first experience visiting these places.

Done the Falls climb, tubing and Blue Hole. Is spending $100 bucks at Buffet`s palace our destiny? Our group is desperate for Something new.

-

Go rafting on the Martha Brae, it’s beautiful and very relaxing!

In answer to the question in your thread title:

Because you are not their only customer and because your opinion of the place is not the only opinion.

We like Falmouth and so do many others.

I’m sure there are ports you enjoy more than I do, would you appreciate it if I suggested RCCL stop calling there?

Also, believe it or not, there are still many first time and potential first time cruisers out there. Should they not have the opportunity to enjoy the experiences you have had simply because you have been there and done that?

-

We did a Jamaican culinary tour and it was fabulous! In addition to the food, you walk through the town stopping to learn a bit of history accompanied by the food that goes with it. Although our day was captured in a rainstorm, it still was fabulous. I plan to do it again on the next stop. Janet Crick is the owner/director and she and her staff are fabulous. Here's the link:http://jamaicaculinarytours.com/tours/view/falmouth_food_tour_868291713#.WlvBuiOZPuQ

It was definitely something different to do!

Know that you are a thread fav, but I really HATE answers like this. We really enjoy the Oasis with all it`s toys, Labadee is an ok beach day and well, Coz is Coz!

Jamaica is getting more dangerous every day and very little to do.

-

And yes I can blame RCCL, when so many write and post to drop Jamaica!!! I am Customer

Yes, you "can" blame RCCL but it won't do any good. Jamaica is not my favorite, but it's not going to fall off the itineraries. Royal dropped a TON of money to build up that port at Falmouth and they are certainly going to make use of it until they get the return on their investment. I found the port at Falmouth far preferable to the old port at Ocho Rios. That place was a dump.

Perhaps you can find an excursion you like and learn something new about the culture. I second the other suggestions about Negril. I hear Negril is beautiful. It was highly recommended to us. We ended up just walking around the port area and getting back on the ship, but we looked at all of the beautiful photos our tablemates had taken in Negril. As it turns out, they had family there so it was not a typical tourist perspective when they returned.

Anyhow, Falmouth is here to stay for awhile. Either make it a ship day or find an excursion you can stomach. Jamaica is NOT going away as a port any time soon.

As noted, RC signed an agreement and invested a lot of money into developing the port. Jamaica thought it would be good for Falmouth but it hasn't worked out so well for the city.

First, the port area is fenced off and only licensed vendors and stores are allowed inside the fence. It's a newly-developed shopping area with lots of stores selling made-in-China souvenirs of Jamaica. The locals are not allowed in unless they are an employee of one of the stores.

Second, most people who go on excursions leave Falmouth and go elsewhere. They get in a taxi or a van inside the fence and leave town. Many go to Dunn's River Falls or Montego Bay or adventure excursions such as rafting or horseback riding or zip lines.

I don't think Falmouth is getting the economic benefits they thought they'd get.

Interesting perspective. I was wondering how Falmouth had actually fared in this "deal." It didn't seem the town was actually benefiting from the port very much. It's rather sad.

That said, my two trips to Jamaica definitely opened my eyes to the depths of poverty in which people live. I am much more thankful for the many opportunities I have. When I realize that an interior cabin is practically paradise compared to the homes most of these people inhabit, there is NOTHING and I mean nothing on the ship about which I would complain. The fact I am able to pay to stay on the ship, have dinner, drinks, towel service and transportation to take me around the Caribbean is a blessing that most of these people in Jamaica will never experience.