RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Thats going to change in the next year or two

The number of P's is increasing but it will be some time before 200 would be normal.

We have seen 65 on a normal repo and 53 on a normal 7 night cruise. The average is probably more like 30 for USA based ships. I would think that at most there might be a 10% per year increase.

We've experienced that. Suite guests were not happy. We were on Brilliance for a TA a few years ago....pre-vouchers, no overflow lounge and MTD at 6:00. Could never get a Seat pre-dinner in the CL on a 15 nt cruise. We had the option to try to get into the D lounge overflow but Suite guests had no options.

We are in a suite on the Brilliance TA next month. Because we are D+ we do have the vouchers, but it never occurred to me that there wouldn’t be an overflow area for both Lounges until I read this thread. It just doesn’t seem fair to Suite guests who are not also Diamonds.

Was on the brilliance in November for the transatlantic this past year and they opened up chops for breakfast for pinnacles and Giovanni’s table for Diamond plus. They took good care of us on the trip for a change

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can see it on everything that is larger but it does not make sense to have a SL on Radiance or smaller. There are just not enough suites to need to do that.

That is a very valid point.

What they might continue to do is sell the smaller ships or more likely put more suites into them.

We've experienced that. Suite guests were not happy. We were on Brilliance for a TA a few years ago....pre-vouchers, no overflow lounge and MTD at 6:00. Could never get a Seat pre-dinner in the CL on a 15 nt cruise. We had the option to try to get into the D lounge overflow but Suite guests had no options.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Forums mobile app

It is unfortunate but someone might be on their first cruise in a suite and although they paid extra for the suite Pinnacles have been loyal for many years, cruising many times on RC ships spending a lot of money.

It is unfortunate but someone might be on their first cruise in a suite and although they paid extra for the suite Pinnacles have been loyal for many years, cruising many times on RC ships spending a lot of money.

When the CL was first established, it was for "Suite Guests" only. C&A eligible levels are only "invited" guests and that can change in a heartbeat.

We are in a suite on the Brilliance TA next month. Because we are D+ we do have the vouchers, but it never occurred to me that there wouldn’t be an overflow area for both Lounges until I read this thread. It just doesn’t seem fair to Suite guests who are not also Diamonds.

I have been told by a DL concierge that TA’s are exempt from the new policy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can see it on everything that is larger but it does not make sense to have a SL on Radiance or smaller. There are just not enough suites to need to do that.

Agree...Radiance (and what's left of the Vision class of ships) do not have enough suites to make it worthwhile to put in the Suites Lounges on those ships.

Hoping to get another (third) ship here in PC that would be Vision or Radiance, but that is just wishful thinking. Harmony, and soon to be home ported Mariner after dry dock, have the SL/DL set up. D+ have lost their CL on those ships. :mad:

The number of P's is increasing but it will be some time before 200 would be normal.

We have seen 65 on a normal repo and 53 on a normal 7 night cruise. The average is probably more like 30 for USA based ships. I would think that at most there might be a 10% per year increase.

Common on Oasis cruises out of PC here to have 50-60 Pinnacles or more on each sailing.

If D+ can not use the Suite Lounge, then they still have the Diamond Lounge which offers the same amenities.

Which is now twice as crowded with ever growing Diamonds coming on board, and D+ now packed in together with them. :o:(

And for a ship the size of Harmony...a tiny lounge on deck 4?

If D+ can not use the Suite Lounge, then they still have the Diamond Lounge which offers the same amenities.

The same might apply to yourself if RC decide to make SL for Suites only and Pinnacles can join D+ and D in the DL or (overflow or not).

Which is now twice as crowded with ever growing Diamonds coming on board, and D+ now packed in together with them. :o:(

And for a ship the size of Harmony...a tiny lounge on deck 4?

My sentiments too.

If some Suite guests have their way Pinnacles also will be joining us in the DL too.

My sentiments too.

If some Suite guests have their way Pinnacles also will be joining us in the DL too.

I think you are right about that. Why just D+ take it on the chin, eh? ;)

And the Ds are really not happy with the D+ and Ps coming into the already crowded DL anyway.

At one point their will be too many Pinnacles then they have to come up with something like Double Pinnacle or what I like to call Diamond Pinnacle, there is a ton of baby boomers that have nothing to do except cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums