RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Very true but if the suite experience is great enough chances are much better that they will cruise again. If, however, they pay really big bucks for a suite and can't get a seat in the Concierge Lounge chances decrease.

So true.... some just don’t get it. They want the Suite experience.....

A Cadillac on a Volkswagen budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree.

Suites already get double points compared to other cabins per night and I'm sure the vast majority of people are happy with the very fair current loyalty scheme.

If people spend thousands of dollars on board it is for their own personal pleasure only which is reward enough for them but don't then expect additional perks because you have overindulged and treated yourself.

Agree.

But it seems lots of people can't help but offer lots of suggestions on how the benefits could be diluted :mad:

Just some "new rich" people living off their girlfriends ex-husbands money who think they are flashy for booking 20 year old ships on weekend cruises.

It may or may not be. I think the recent price increase was to discourage use as much as raise revenue. Due to the limited BW at sea, the performance may be getting bad enough that RCI wants to limit how many folks connect. One way to do that is to raise prices.

Point taken. Still a rip off though

I agree.

If people spend thousands of dollars on board it is for their own personal pleasure only which is reward enough for them but don't then expect additional perks because you have overindulged and treated yourself.

This is what I agree on. Last quote didn't work as I meant it. It's been a long day

So for all the cruises we did in 2017 the drinks in the DL were all quite nasty; cheap wine, horrible spirits, warm beer etc. Even when there was an overspill bar on board we were told by the bar staff that they changed the spirits to the cheaper branded versions and had to swap them out once the "happy hour" had finished. So for all the fuss over not getting seats in the DL and no more overspill areas being opened up in other bars then if your really that desperate for a "free" drink then i say go to one of the other bars on board and use one of your vouchers and get a decent drink.

So for all the cruises we did in 2017 the drinks in the DL were all quite nasty; cheap wine, horrible spirits, warm beer etc. Even when there was an overspill bar on board we were told by the bar staff that they changed the spirits to the cheaper branded versions and had to swap them out once the "happy hour" had finished. So for all the fuss over not getting seats in the DL and no more overspill areas being opened up in other bars then if your really that desperate for a "free" drink then i say go to one of the other bars on board and use one of your vouchers and get a decent drink.

You’re right I always go to the most remote bars and get the best drinks

They did have New Amsterdam and that what was on the D drinks menu.

That was in September, not sure if it still is NA

No decent bartender would put he hands on a bottle of New Amsterdam [emoji3][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No decent bartender would put he hands on a bottle of New Amsterdam [emoji3][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The bartenders in the lounges do not have a choice.

One exception to that was on the Vision when the ship ran out of New Amsterdam. They also ran out of Jamison and Bailey's that cruise. We had a lot of D and above for 3 consecutive cruises. Someone did not order very well.

I have always said, if you want Suite perks or treated like a Suite Guest, book a Suite.

Yes, you have. Just like a scratched record stuck in the same groove.

The one thing I will give this thread is it lets posters share their point of view to the point of, ad nauseum.

Just sayin....:halo:

JC

Sky Bar on Freedom I got Grey Goose, other bars its New Amsterdam

Schooner Bar on Allure, yesterday was Niew Amsterdam, today it's Grey Goose.

Also, I kind of remember someone posting that Allure now has a drink policy like the lounges. That is incorrect, at least tonight. They asked for my card and Laura's to charge against our 3 vouchers.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you have. Just like a scratched record stuck in the same groove.

The one thing I will give this thread is it lets posters share their point of view to the point of, ad nauseum.

Just sayin....:halo:

JC

And you always give nearly the same reply. [emoji33]

And you always give nearly the same reply. [emoji33]

Just reminding everyone that repeating the same arguement / putdown / justification / management wet dream / fictional policy / or nasty desire to punish other C&A members, is beyond tiresome. Although, Biker is right it is a post whoring phenomena.

JC