RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

At one point their will be too many Pinnacles then they have to come up with something like Double Pinnacle or what I like to call Diamond Pinnacle, there is a ton of baby boomers that have nothing to do except cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are already too many pinnacles!

At one point their will be too many Pinnacles then they have to come up with something like Double Pinnacle or what I like to call Diamond Pinnacle, there is a ton of baby boomers that have nothing to do except cruise.

That may be true but it is a level where some due to health reasons no longer cruise and some will die.

Children of pinnacles must make the pinnacle level by their own cruise points so the pinnacle numbers will not increase near as fast as D & D+.

Children of pinnacles must make the pinnacle level by their own cruise points so the pinnacle numbers will not increase near as fast as D & D+.

But, there could be a lot of shacking up in the P world which would increase the numbers without earning the level.:cool:

Indeed there already is, I know Pinnacle Members that have actually taken very few cruises, but are now “in a relationship” with existing Pinnacle Members and have now become P themselves.

But, there could be a lot of shacking up in the P world which would increase the numbers without earning the level.:cool:

Indeed there already is, I know Pinnacle Members that have actually taken very few cruises, but are now “in a relationship” with existing Pinnacle Members and have now become P themselves.

That is true but quite often the sponsoring pinnacle had lost their spouse who was also a pinnacle member. A difficult situation. Is pinnacle earned or bought?

Royal is counting on all those D+ that are half way there to just get up and do it, go for it’s less than 350 points. We have seen some awful young Pinnacle’s lately.

I hope that you make the 700 soon so that you'll have a little bit time to enjoy the present benefits.

We will get there before the end of the year. There was a time when I thought that once you got there you would be grandfathered in but I am beginning to become skeptical. The rate of new P's seems to be much high than current P's that are ending their cruising careers.

That may be true but it is a level where some due to health reasons no longer cruise and some will die.

You are correct that the children will need to get there on their own but with the numbers of kids on ships these days many of them will have a good head start. It will be very common for 20 somethings to be D and D+. Those that marry will potentially double their numbers. There will be a tidal wave down the road.

Royal has been very good at not letting out the numbers of Pinnacle members. I am do not know how accurate the rumored numbers are but I remember seeing somewhere that there may be about 2000 that have ever become P's. No idea how many of those are no longer cruising. I also saw somewhere that there may be about 10,000 with 600 or more points. Depending on how many of those are still cruising and how often, There are potentially a lot of new P's in the next few years.

We will get there before the end of the year. There was a time when I thought that once you got there you would be grandfathered in but I am beginning to become skeptical. The rate of new P's seems to be much high than current P's that are ending their cruising careers.

John I think you are right

You are correct that the children will need to get there on their own but with the numbers of kids on ships these days many of them will have a good head start. It will be very common for 20 somethings to be D and D+. Those that marry will potentially double their numbers. There will be a tidal wave down the road.

Royal has been very good at not letting out the numbers of Pinnacle members. I am do not know how accurate the rumored numbers are but I remember seeing somewhere that there may be about 2000 that have ever become P's. No idea how many of those are no longer cruising. I also saw somewhere that there may be about 10,000 with 600 or more points. Depending on how many of those are still cruising and how often, There are potentially a lot of new P's in the next few years.

Looking at the 600 point numbers you are most likely correct that there will be a flood of new pinnacle members in the next 2 to 3 years if they cruise multiple times a year in suites.

I know we do and or points range anywhere from 55 to 75 a year.

Edited by later

I’ve asked the same question. Nobody wants to go out on a limb and say in a fully utilized SL/CK who would have Priority? Suite Guests or P’s.

Actually, the problem is very simple, at least from a mathematical point of view. Instead of making access to the lounges based on tier, it could be based on a requirement that would vary by cruise. For example, access to the SL could be limited to people actually in suites plus people with enough C&A points to put them in the top 1% of the people on that particular cruise. Those people would be given gold cards at checkin but the benefits would be valid for that cruise only. Then the number of people with access to the lounge would be predictable and invariant.

I have always said, if you want Suite perks or treated like a Suite Guest, book a Suite.

I was on the Oasis last October in a Suite, sitting in CK along with a Pinnacle I was seated a few minutes before the waiter comes in who does it wait on first.............the person he knows the Pinnacle this continued most of the cruise.

Edited by tugboat

I think you are right about that. Why just D+ take it on the chin, eh? ;)

And the Ds are really not happy with the D+ and Ps coming into the already crowded DL anyway.

Sounds to me you are all for C&A members bumping out Suite Guests.

I think Royal should set Status by $ spent with Royal. Easy to track.

The same might apply to yourself if RC decide to make SL for Suites only and Pinnacles can join D+ and D in the DL or (overflow or not).

You can always book a Suite. Nothing is prohibiting you from doing so. I mean your already using the Suite Concierge desk to give you Priority in the MDR.