RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I’ve personally never witnessed a Royal Crew member encouraging cruisers to take drinks out of the lounge. I have seen cruisers encouraging other cruisers to take them out. We have never had a situation yet with over crowding in either the SL/CL/DL. I guess we cruise at the right times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is different in the SL. The diamond concierge typically don’t but the SL has a different vibe since the view is you paid for those perks in your suite price. At least that is the fee I got in the SL.

If a alcohol drink is that important in the MDR, why not just buy one? In the old days taking drinks out of the lounge was prohibited. It was not always enforced.

I have a recent picture of the sign in CL were is says not to remove drinks from lounge.

I am not talking about taking a drink out of the lounge, I am asking about using a voucher in the MDR or other dining venues.

Recently, some ships have allowed ( encouraged) use of vouchers in the MDR and other dining venues. In fact, it was written in the welcome letter for our past 4 Oasis cruises ( august 17 /September 17 /December 17 /janiary 18 ) allowing use of the voucher in the dining room and dining venues. The Majesty January 18( Just one day after we sailed the Oasis) did not allow it.

The dining room drink voucher allowance is not fleet wide, and I am now learning that it can vary from one sailing to another.

And yes, I enjoy a drink with dinner and generally drink wine that we purchase on board. I don't care for the free wine and rarely drink it. I sometimes like a cocktail, and that is why I was asking about the vouchers. I wasn't asking about the DL or CL. I generally get a cocktail at a ship bar rather than the DL or CL so carrying it away from there is not an issue. And, I am happy to pay for my drink of choice regardless of when and where it is purchased.

M

The free drinks is only one of the factors involved in our loyalty to Royal.

So, many people here say they go to the lounge to meet new friends with common interests. If they did away with the FREE drinks, or limited them to 1/2/3, would you still enjoy the lounge and being with them?

It amazes me what people will do for a few FREE drinks. How many of you are loyal to Royal for the FREE drinks? Not to mention the booze and wine on the list are crappy for the most part.

The facilities and activities on Oasis class are the main draw but if you are offered a free drink of your choice why turn it down and then pay for one?

The bar Port side, Lattes Cappuccino and the like. There are the normal Coffee and hot water urns close to the cafe.

Opps. I see Bob already posted.

Just standard coffee. You pour your own.

Has it changed recently? I was getting the same coffees there as served in Latte-tudes.

So, many people here say they go to the lounge to meet new friends with common interests. If they did away with the FREE drinks, or limited them to 1/2/3, would you still enjoy the lounge and being with them?

I don't see the problem. Why do you keep going on about the free drinks. Try banging Royals ear. They set the rules

On Majesty they encouraged "One for the road" to take to dinner even before voucher system. On Voyager many moons ago, same, told us to take a drink for the room later. You must not get around much. Anyways, if so unimportant to you not sure why you bring up daily in multiple threads.

The only concierge who asked people not to take drinks out of the DL or CL was on Vision in February but we stopped at Schooner bar for 20 minutes and took our drinks to the restaurant.

It amazes me what people will do for a few FREE drinks. How many of you are loyal to Royal for the FREE drinks? Not to mention the booze and wine on the list are crappy for the most part.

It is one of the perks for us. RCCL is the only line we cruise on and expect some perks such as "free drinks" because of that loyalty. If any of the perks disappears so will we!

AND the alcohol selection hasn't been an issue for us. We have found it to be decent. ;)

He is a big shareholder thats why.

There's always one, everyone i speak to love the free drinks perk in the DL.

If you are in tears every time a free drink is given out, it's time to sell up and move on.

That's the main reason they get repeat business. They other perks are dwindling. I would want them to keep the repeat cruisers. It's sometimes better to look after the customers you have than find new ones.

It is one of the perks for us. RCCL is the only line we cruise on and expect some perks such as "free drinks" because of that loyalty. If any of the perks disappears so will we!

AND the alcohol selection hasn't been an issue for us. We have found it to be decent. ;)

Well said.

If you are in tears every time a free drink is given out, it's time to sell up and move on.

That's the main reason they get repeat business. They other perks are dwindling. I would want them to keep the repeat cruisers. It's sometimes better to look after the customers you have than find new ones.

Could not have said it better.

Totally agree.

Get this straight..."Do away" with free drinks in a lounge created to thank cruisers for their loyalty is NOT a good idea for RCCL. It's not good business to give something and then take it away....RCCL will find that those loyal cruisers will go elsewhere. There are plenty of other cruise lines to choose from and I am sure those cruise lines would be happy to have them.

Get this straight..."Do away" with free drinks in a lounge created to thank cruisers for their loyalty is NOT a good idea for RCCL. It's not good business to give something and then take it away....RCCL will find that those loyal cruisers will go elsewhere. There are plenty of other cruise lines to choose from and I am sure those cruise lines would be happy to have them.

Correct.

Take away that, then D and above is meaningless. That will make Royal a run of the mill cruise line.

The loyalty benefits like free happy hour are important for those of us that have earned the bennies and exercised them. Taking them away removes a key reason to be loyal. Princess and HAL are good cruise lines and can provide a very similar product.

The DL is a loyalty USP for RCI.

I totally agree with your sentiments.