RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

All the more reason to order drinks table side even it is not FREE. A birdie tells me people with balance issues should avoid alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have balance issues, paying for a drink vs getting one for free isn't going to have any different outcome.

Hey! Good to see you out and about! [emoji16] On Brilliance Monday, will check back on overflow in either DL or CL....

I am back on because I am not out and about. I am not on the boards much when we are cruising. We are home from 5 weeks on the Liberty.

Drinks in the DL don’t count against your 3 during happy hour. You can then go to any bar and get a free drink on those menus.
That set up has been in place for both DL and CL since the drink voucher program first came out. Now some ships are allowing you to use your drink vouchers in the MDR...but not all ships.

Personally I have never understood why those three drinks vouchers cannot be used in the MDR, between the allotted times.

There are only three, and when they are gone, they are gone!

The comment was to stop at a bar and grab a drink using a drink voucher on the way into the MDR. However I'm one of those that have left the MDR to get a couple voucher drinks and bring them back to our table. No baggie to me.

You are quite entitled to do that if they won't honour the free diamond drink voucher in the MDR.

I am back on because I am not out and about. I am not on the boards much when we are cruising. We are home from 5 weeks on the Liberty.

Keep me posted on any future plans. Would love to cruise with you guys again. Tyler needs his watch experts. [emoji16]

Hey! Good to see you out and about! [emoji16] On Brilliance Monday, will check back on overflow in either DL or CL....

Bill...the DL overflow into the VCL for one of the few 7 night Brilliance cruises out of Tampa in December was horrendous!! Soooo packed up, tried twice to get a drink in there, no waiter came to take our order. Then Bucky stood in line for 10 minutes at the bar until I finally waved him off. Rest of the week we just gave up and used the CL after "magic hour" when first seating emptied the lounge out.

Bill...the DL overflow into the VCL for one of the few 7 night Brilliance cruises out of Tampa in December was horrendous!! Soooo packed up, tried twice to get a drink in there, no waiter came to take our order. Then Bucky stood in line for 10 minutes at the bar until I finally waved him off. Rest of the week we just gave up and used the CL after "magic hour" when first seating emptied the lounge out.

Sounds like CL will be the place for us. With all of us, including MIL/FIL, being D+ we won’t have an issue either way. Thanks Pat for the info! Heal up!! [emoji152]

Personally I have never understood why those three drinks vouchers cannot be used in the MDR, between the allotted times.

There are only three, and when they are gone, they are gone!

Agree...and I think RCI is slowly bringing all ships into the same line as offering the use of the drink vouchers in the MDR.

I just don't know which ones are in place right now...and then again...those ships may waffle back and forth on that issue anyway.

Sounds like CL will be the place for us. With all of us, including MIL/FIL, being D+ we won’t have an issue either way. Thanks Pat for the info! Heal up!! [emoji152]

Thanks Bill! Yet another follow up doctor appointment tomorrow..sigh. It was first night on Brilliance that I broke it. :eek:Not a cool way to start a cruise. :(

Indeed the CL was a great place to hang out after first seating. But your situation may be different with the 5 night cruises. I think ours was heavily D and up for that 7 night.

Have a fantabulous time!! Bon Voyage and say hi to the family for me! :D

Thanks Bill! Yet another follow up doctor appointment tomorrow..sigh. It was first night on Brilliance that I broke it. :eek:Not a cool way to start a cruise. :(

Indeed the CL was a great place to hang out after first seating. But your situation may be different with the 5 night cruises. I think ours was heavily D and up for that 7 night.

Have a fantabulous time!! Bon Voyage and say hi to the family for me! :D

Will do, and will do!

I look forward to cruising with you and Bucky again!

I’ve witness intoxicated people trying to walk in with their drink in hand making a mess as they go.

I'd like to see sober people try to walk to the MDR from the DL with a lemon drop or any variety of martini!:eek: Those glasses are not made for travel, drunk or sober!:o I do hope I can use my DL voucher in the MDR for those delicious martinis!!;p (Yes, I know I can just "buy" them but why?)

I'd like to see sober people try to walk to the MDR from the DL with a lemon drop or any variety of martini!:eek: Those glasses are not made for travel, drunk or sober!:o I do hope I can use my DL voucher in the MDR for those delicious martinis!!;p (Yes, I know I can just "buy" them but why?)

Bravo. If it’s something one wants and it’s not FREE, buy it.

I have had them make me Martinis in a Whiskey glass as I have a difficult time with those martini glasses.