RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Of course Brilliance does not have a Café Promenade. We got ONE ticket daily for Café Promenade on Freedom when a machine was down.

M

There were very high numbers on the Jewel TA and the machines were working but we were also allowed to get a coffee from Cafe Lattetudes or the Safari Club just by showing our seapass card. No restriction on the number.

On the Brilliance now. 15 Pinnacles, 72 D+, 124 Diamonds. Both lounges packed from 5-6pm, empty from 6 till we head to dinner at 7:30.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup..."magic hour". :D

Enjoy your cruise Bill and family!! :cool: Our numbers on Rhapsody this month were a little higher than that...but close. Once again magic hour was the right time to venture in. :)

I hope they reconsider the dining room drinks for the TA. I understand the C&A numbers are very high.

thx -

M

If a alcohol drink is that important in the MDR, why not just buy one? In the old days taking drinks out of the lounge was prohibited. It was not always enforced.

I have a recent picture of the sign in CL were is says not to remove drinks from lounge.

Yup..."magic hour". :D

Enjoy your cruise Bill and family!! :cool: Our numbers on Rhapsody this month were a little higher than that...but close. Once again magic hour was the right time to venture in. :)

We usually go in around 7.30pm for an hour before dinner.

I guessed that but it was phrased as if the DL was closed.

Funny thing is when we were on Brilliance in December, they actually DID close and lock the door to the DL during happy hour. Sign at the door directed everyone to the VCL main entry where a "guard dog" was stationed the whole time checking sea pass cards. The entire VCL was used as a DL, and impossible to get drinks served in there due to high numbers. :(

CL during "magic hour" was not busy at all...thankfully.

Edited by island lady

Funny thing is when we were on Brilliance in December, they actually DID close and lock the door to the DL during happy hour. Sign at the door directed everyone to the VCL main entry where a "guard dog" was stationed the whole time checking sea pass cards. The entire VCL was used as a DL, and impossible to get drinks in there due to high numbers. :(

CL during "magic hour" was not busy at all...thankfully.

That’s possible what they meant as well.

We usually go in around 7.30pm for an hour before dinner.

We eat around 7:00....so going in at around 6 pm to the CL works very well for us.

Plus we many times enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony after coming back on the ship as we leave each port, before getting ready for dinner. ;)

We eat around 7:00....so going in at around 6 pm to the CL works very well for us.

Plus we many times enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony after coming back on the ship as we leave each port, before getting ready for dinner. ;)

I like a can of San Miguel on the balcony when leaving port and Pauline has a sparkling water.

On Harmony we went into the D lounge at 5 pm for a few snacks and carried a few glasses of champagne back to the cabin after 30 minutes.

Our balcony was on deck 8 so around 7.30 we just sat on Central Park instead of the DL and the barman at the trellis bar most nights just gave me a full bottle of sparkling wine and 2 glasses.

Just an FYI, the D+ letter states coupons can’t be used in the restaurants, but our waiter last night honored it. So, don’t be afraid to ask, they might say yes, like ours did...

Lastly, cruusegirl1. Coffee machines are working and they do have a decaf button. Ok, time for $2 mimosa’s in the cash-sino!! [emoji41]

I like a can of San Miguel on the balcony when leaving port and Pauline has a sparkling water.

On Harmony we went into the D lounge at 5 pm for a few snacks and carried a few glasses of champagne back to the cabin after 30 minutes.

Our balcony was on deck 8 so around 7.30 we just sat on Central Park instead of the DL and the barman at the trellis bar most nights just gave me a full bottle of sparkling wine and 2 glasses.

We are definitely going to check out your suggestion about the Trellis bar the next time. Sounds romantic! :D

Just an FYI, the D+ letter states coupons can’t be used in the restaurants, but our waiter last night honored it. So, don’t be afraid to ask, they might say yes, like ours did...

Lastly, cruusegirl1. Coffee machines are working and they do have a decaf button. Ok, time for $2 mimosa’s in the cash-sino!! [emoji41]

Yup, that's typical Bill.

RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent. ;p

If a alcohol drink is that important in the MDR, why not just buy one? In the old days taking drinks out of the lounge was prohibited. It was not always enforced.

I have a recent picture of the sign in CL were is says not to remove drinks from lounge.

The signs about not removing drinks have been up in every lounge we have been in. They never take them down even when they are encouraging people to take them out.

The signs about not removing drinks have been up in every lounge we have been in. They never take them down even when they are encouraging people to take them out.

I’ve personally never witnessed a Royal Crew member encouraging cruisers to take drinks out of the lounge. I have seen cruisers encouraging other cruisers to take them out. We have never had a situation yet with over crowding in either the SL/CL/DL. I guess we cruise at the right times.

On the Brilliance now. 15 Pinnacles, 72 D+, 124 Diamonds. Both lounges packed from 5-6pm, empty from 6 till we head to dinner at 7:30.....

Those numbers are actually rather low compared to what there is on longer repos. I can understand why they are cutting back on overflows but I sure hope they still allow them on the TA's TP's and longer repos.

Those numbers are actually rather low compared to what there is on longer repos. I can understand why they are cutting back on overflows but I sure hope they still allow them on the TA's TP's and longer repos.

It amazes me what people will do for a few FREE drinks. How many of you are loyal to Royal for the FREE drinks? Not to mention the booze and wine on the list are crappy for the most part.

I’ve personally never witnessed a Royal Crew member encouraging cruisers to take drinks out of the lounge. I have seen cruisers encouraging other cruisers to take them out. We have never had a situation yet with over crowding in either the SL/CL/DL. I guess we cruise at the right times.

We have been on the Liberty with the line to get drinks in the DL extended all the way out of the lounge. The concierge was encouraging people to take their drinks out to the Olive or Twist.

We rarely go to the lounges before 6pm anymore. Most of them are not too crowed after 1st seating begins.

It amazes me what people will do for a few FREE drinks. How many of you are loyal to Royal for the FREE drinks? Not to mention the booze and wine on the list are crappy for the most part.

The free drinks is only one of the factors involved in our loyalty to Royal.

It has been 2 years since we sailed Brilliance and I can't recall - is there specialty coffee available there, or simply the standard coffee set up?

Thx

No specialty coffee in the Brilliance Solarium, just regular (free) coffee.

On Majesty they encouraged "One for the road" to take to dinner even before voucher system. On Voyager many moons ago, same, told us to take a drink for the room later. You must not get around much. Anyways, if so unimportant to you not sure why you bring up daily in multiple threads.