RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

"Big"...according to whom? :p;p

Troy admitted he was a shareholder and at every opportunity he encourages people to buy their drinks rather than getting the free drinks and talks about money making lounges for RC.

I originally thought he was an

Undercover RC Boss.

If they do away with the lounges and only allow 3 free drinks then I consider that another perk they are taking away. One more reason to look else where. Now is that going to be good for the shareholders? :champagne-toast:

I was thinking of looking at them. Thanks for the info on the matching. All the more reason to.

A good reason for RC to enhance their loyalty program not reduce it.

Where we cruise from we don't need a solution.

For my US friends i would say:

A big enough lounge with the potential to have an overflow lounge.

An option for up to 5 free drinks in any bar and MDR.

I agree 5 free drinks would be much better in any bar and the MDR.

Who has said anything about closing anything down. This Thread was about the new Royal policy not to offer an overflow area for the Lounges in crowded times.

What would you suggest for a remedy. Royal already gave 3 FREE drinks on SeaPass but actually that has not seemed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, so RC has already given us 3 FREE DRINKS! You make it sound like we hit the jackpot. NOT!

I have never ever complained of the crowding in the D lounge. I think it is a tremendous perk. I know that a few years ago they started offering the 3 free drinks in any lounge, and that was RCI dealing with the crowding in the DL. On some ships they offer an overflow lounge, and I experienced it on my first cruise with a diamond lounge. It was the Freedom and I had been on a couple of ships with a nightly diamond event, I think they were in the dungeon, they were great. Then on the Freedom, we went up to the VCL, and there were a ton of people at the bar, they invited us to sit with them which we did for the rest of the cruise, I never one time went into the diamond lounge, I wasn’t sure it was actually the room off the VCL. It was great. A couple of nights into the cruise, the Pinnacles (there were 3 on that sailing) started coming out of the DL to hang out with the group at the VCL (which is a better venue). I got to meet them (lucky me:halo:). They and the D+ people were all trying to book the last sailing of the Monarch (I think). Lord Timothy one of the Ps explained how you can sail continuously wearing undershirts to keep your clothes from smelling, and you go to Walmart between cruises and buy fresh. It was all fascinating to me. A wierd glimpse into a possible future retirement.

So, if you want me to winge about the DL you are barking up the wrong tree. I don’t care if the ship is sailing at 100% diamond capacity with that being the lowest designation, they are going to offer me at least 3 drinks somewhere, I am pretty happy with that arrangement. If I want more I can time my dinner to be after about 7PM and my experience is it is not a problem getting a drink in the DL. I appreciate when they do an overflow lounge, but I am not like Graupa, I am not going to winge about they need to give me more space or even 5 drinks.

I think the DL as they are and as they are possibly going are a super awesome perk and that this thread is a complete waste of time.

My next sailing is on the Radiance, and my friends are in a full-suite, we have a large aft balcony non-suite, and I will probably be allowed my choice of the CL or the DL. On the sailing right after that on the Symphony a transatlantic (with a bazillion Ds and higher) I will probably be getting 3 drinks somewhere else (unless they open an overflow lounge) but I will get my cappuccino and expresso double press, and some Australian Stritzel each morning there.

Remember I am not here to tell RCI how to run their business, it seems to me about 95% of the time they do an excellent job. If they remove the flowrider, or I become unable to participate, I will probably transfer to X because I do like food, however if I have a heart attack, and have to change my diet, I will probably stay with RCI to save a few shillings.

Happy?:loudcry:

JC

Have you seen Lord Timothy lately? We had a lot of fun on Monarch with him, and was where he told us of the buying new underwear trick also. He was sooo funny! :D

Your welcome.

The singers set up in an open sided conservatory between Jamies and Park Cafe.

At least every other night there was live music during 7.30 and 8.30pm here.

Wow thats fantastic going on Harmony during those 3 months, i hope you both have a fabulous time and your foot is totally recovered.

Were you not Diamond at one time? Easy to rid yourself of them so quickly? Wouldn’t you think they are the bulk of the cruisers?

If Royal walked all over the Diamonds and their perks, it would hurt the bottom line.

Just think, your only 200 nights away from P.

We actually can agree on something.

Troy admitted he was a shareholder and at every opportunity he encourages people to buy their drinks rather than getting the free drinks and talks about money making lounges for RC.

I originally thought he was an

Undercover RC Boss.

;);)Please consider the source. ;p

I'm not JC, but here are some suggestions to eliminate crowding in DL:

Make it so drink vouchers can be used in MDR as well as theater

Extend the time vouchers can be used; maybe until 10PM, to allow guests to use them during evening entertainment.

Vouchers can't be used in the theater? Didn't know that.

I do like the extension to 10 PM.;p

I agree 5 free drinks would be much better in any bar and the MDR.

Wow, so RC has already given us 3 FREE DRINKS! You make it sound like we hit the jackpot. NOT!

Those 3 drinks probably cost RC no more than $5 so it is little cost for great PR so 5 drinks would be a great USP to keep Diamonds and above loyal and giving a great feel good factor towards RC from us.

Have you seen Lord Timothy lately? We had a lot of fun on Monarch with him, and was where he told us of the buying new underwear trick also. He was sooo funny! :D

Since I still work, actually manage a large small company:confused:, I am not able to cruise regularly out of Florida because I live a 1000 miles from any ocean port, and the boss (aka the wife) had burned out on the Caribbean after our last side to side cruise out of FLL in 2015, I don’t get a chance to run into the regular P cruisers or even the infamous D+ cruisers very often. I imagine I will meet a few of these characters on the TA on the Symphony. My recent cruises since I was told that the Caribbean were not allowed, were from NY to Canada on the Anthem (awesome with the flowrider all to myself), and a cruise from Southampton to Norway (dang it is cold even in a light wetsuit on the flowrider), and lastly on a cruise from Singapore to China(where the flowrider was either in the hot or the freezing).

Due to the no Caribbean edict in my household, I am actually foregoing having the flowrider on my next cruise, I may quit cruising after that traumatic experience. Hopefully everyone on the TA will be average age of 85. Although even on previous TAs there were a lot of surfers and that was way back in 2009.... so keeping modest expectations.

Lord Timothy is an unique individual. My experience has been amongst Ps that doesn’t make him uniquely unique.:loudcry:

JC

You missed the point of my post.

This was directed at those ships NOT allowing use of drinks loaded on a SeaPass in the MDR. If you really want a drink and they will not allow you to use the Diamond FREE drink, then buy it. Getting up from the table after seating and then going outside to a bar is rude. It complicates the flow at the table.

That’s what happened in November after they discovered me leaving for my drinks low and behold they said they would except my D coupons so if you push it they change a no to yes.

Since I still work, actually manage a large small company:confused:, I am not able to cruise regularly out of Florida because I live a 1000 miles from any ocean port, and the boss (aka the wife) had burned out on the Caribbean after our last side to side cruise out of FLL in 2015, I don’t get a chance to run into the regular P cruisers or even the infamous D+ cruisers very often. I imagine I will meet a few of these characters on the TA on the Symphony. My recent cruises since I was told that the Caribbean were not allowed, were from NY to Canada on the Anthem (awesome with the flowrider all to myself), and a cruise from Southampton to Norway (dang it is cold even in a light wetsuit on the flowrider), and lastly on a cruise from Singapore to China(where the flowrider was either in the hot or the freezing).

Due to the no Caribbean edict in my household, I am actually foregoing having the flowrider on my next cruise, I may quit cruising after that traumatic experience. Hopefully everyone on the TA will be average age of 85. Although even on previous TAs there were a lot of surfers and that was way back in 2009.... so keeping modest expectations.

Lord Timothy is an unique individual. My experience has been amongst Ps that doesn’t make him uniquely unique.:loudcry:

JC

Agree...we have also met some very unique "P"s along the way. LT was just one of our favorites. Was just wondering if he is still cruising any longer. We have not seen him since the Monarch...good times. :D

You missed the point of my post.

This was directed at those ships NOT allowing use of drinks loaded on a SeaPass in the MDR. If you really want a drink and they will not allow you to use the Diamond FREE drink, then buy it. Getting up from the table after seating and then going outside to a bar is rude. It complicates the flow at the table.

I said "before" you go into the MDR. Maybe if people keep getting up and disrupting the flow then RC might change the no free drink rule in the MDR.

Well then why all the complaining about overcrowded Lounges with no overflow?

This thread was about overcrowded Lounges not offering overflow. I offer a solution to that over crowding. We enjoy the Lounges too but have a drink package.

I was not the one complaining about overflow. We have never experienced it and hope we never will. However if it does happen we're happy to have the vouchers to compensate for the inconvenience. Again, should RC decide to revoke privileges which we have earned by being loyal cruisers, we will leave.

That and good weather.

Biker, who is hoping for the same on upcoming TA.

I did the Harmony TA and I dont recall it feeling like and old crowd. I’m guessing symphony will be similar. The flowrider was busy but new and nice and there were something like 300 pinnacles and I’m sure many more D+. Who knows how many D there were but I’m sure it was a lot. I didn’t go to the DL but I’m sure it was a cluster. Other than the SL/ck being a total mess due to overcrowding and the flowrider being busy everything else was very relaxed. No waiting for slides, etc. TAs are just relaxing to me.

The weather was nearly perfect the whole time. Not sure the route for symphony but if it is southern (Barcelona to fl) good chance you will have many beautiful days to enjoy. Sure wish I was doing a TA soon.

I did the Harmony TA and I dont recall it feeling like and old crowd. I’m guessing symphony will be similar. The flowrider was busy but new and nice and there were something like 300 pinnacles and I’m sure many more D+. Who knows how many D there were but I’m sure it was a lot. I didn’t go to the DL but I’m sure it was a cluster. Other than the SL/ck being a total mess due to overcrowding and the flowrider being busy everything else was very relaxed. No waiting for slides, etc. TAs are just relaxing to me.

The weather was nearly perfect the whole time. Not sure the route for symphony but if it is southern (Barcelona to fl) good chance you will have many beautiful days to enjoy. Sure wish I was doing a TA soon.

You are not making me thrilled.... I at least hope they have an hour of advanced stand-up. I don’t think I can handle a long line all day. If I find it like that my new favorite cruise will be from NY on the Anthem.... I hope the wife doesn’t get tired of the Big Apple or Maine.

JC

I was not referring to the Symphony TA, mine is much sooner.

Biker, who would typically avoid such C&A heavy TAs, though got sucked in by the low priced maiden Quantum TA.

Yeah, the low prices sucked me in way back in 2007 and 2009, the Symphony doesn’t have that problem. I am paying as much for it as a regular cruise, all the suites were 100% booked when I booked it in April 2017 for an October 2018 sailing. This could be my last TA if the flowrider line is long. Sigh....

JC

You are not making me thrilled.... I at least hope they have an hour of advanced stand-up. I don’t think I can handle a long line all day. If I find it like that my new favorite cruise will be from NY on the Anthem.... I hope the wife doesn’t get tired of the Big Apple or Maine.

JC

They will likely have advanced hour. Problem is there will likely be so many advanced folks it is like a normal line. That has been my experience on all three TAs I’ve done. Just need to go before advanced starts to be first and then get a few rides before it builds up. Then try at lunch or whenever it is less busy. Remember a bad day of flowriding is better than a good day at work! Good luck with the lines. I hope they are short and I am wrong on this.

Yeah, the low prices sucked me in way back in 2007 and 2009, the Symphony doesn’t have that problem. I am paying as much for it as a regular cruise, all the suites were 100% booked when I booked it in April 2017 for an October 2018 sailing. This could be my last TA if the flowrider line is long. Sigh....

JC

Maybe they should have a Flow Rider Status Club

They will likely have advanced hour. Problem is there will likely be so many advanced folks it is like a normal line. That has been my experience on all three TAs I’ve done. Just need to go before advanced starts to be first and then get a few rides before it builds up. Then try at lunch or whenever it is less busy. Remember a bad day of flowriding is better than a good day at work! Good luck with the lines. I hope they are short and I am wrong on this.

Do you know if they had shorter boards or only giant bandits. This was never an issue until my last cruise on the Ovation, as I was only allowed shorter boards near the end of the cruise, and they didn’t really want anyone else using it but me. If that is the new trend, I need to buy a short board before October. I really think the Ovation was a one off because they were in Asia, where communicating to the regular Chinese was an issue.

That said, I am not going to probably take a chance.

JC