RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Most of these "ideas" to cut down the overcrowding would actually slow down service in the CL's and DL's. Trying to put limits and tracking the number of drinks in the lounges would take time away from pouring drinks. If the lounge is crowded people with take their drinks elsewhere or get them elsewhere. Last year when we were on the Grandeur they had the overflow open but when 1st seating began most of the servers left to service in the MDR. When we enter the lounge at 6 getting a drink could take 20 minutes. Our solution was to stop in the Schooner Bar on the way and get our 1st drink on the way to the lounge. Then we would order our 2nd one in there.

I agree that Royals reward program is the best in the industry, however I am amused that you stated you ONLY go with Royal to achieve Pinnacle.

Once you get there there benefits are not life changing, sure the free cruise is awesome, but if you have done 700 plus nights (whilst it is a nice recognition) you will have paid many $/£ over a few years, and such Loyalty should be recognized. I actually think a great benefit would be for everybody to earn a percentage of overall expenditure, that could be spent on future cruises. That way some could earn free cruises, whilst others might spend it on Speciality Dining, Drink Packages or Upgrades.

Although we should all remember that nothing is ever really free, along the line the cost of the “free” bit will have been built into the original amount paid. But the feeling of anything free always puts a smile on faces.

Access to the Suite Lounge is also nice but as yet not all ships have that Lounge. Coastal Kitchen is probably the benefit we use most, particularly for breakfast service. Outside of that the benefits are really the same as those for D or D+.

I actually do not think that Royal ever expected so many people to achieve P status, as it was rewarded to a small group of high cruisers at the time. However the high number of P members is an acknowledgement by many of how much their cruises on Royal are enjoyed. From our first cruise, we never set out to be anything more than happy holiday makers, the reason we came back was because we really enjoyed our cruise. So that has been the basis of our growth in cruises, each time we enjoy it we come back. This will continue until we stop having fun, or we we are no longer able to cruise through health or fianance issues.

We would hope that others do the same, cruise because you love spending leisure time on the sea. Cruise with Royal because you feel your money is well spent, rather than simply for getting Points.

Many people believe that the benefits becoming Pinnacle is different from reality, we get treated the same way in the ship Bars and Restaurants as we have since our first cruises. Also since the Upgrade Fairy died the ability to be offered any free upgrades are few if any. We are not unique on a ship, as often there can be 20-30+ P members on a sailing, we have even been on ships with 80+.

Now don’t get me wrong, I still appreciate each and every benefit offered, be it a glass of wine or an invitation to a ship launch event. Although I always know that my $/£ has exactly the same value to the company as that of a first time cruiser.

We cruise because we have worked hard for our leisure money and want to enjoy spending it, and always want value for money. I would never stay with any cruise line simply for a Lounge access, or to get Points. I would hope others would do the same but know of many that are taking extra cruises just to become Pinnacle.

I hope you and others continue to enjoy all aspects of cruising, including any benefits that your Loyalty status might bring.

Like I said before Royal Caribbean is a middle of the road cruise line, the thing that makes it better is its rewards program. To be honest with you that’s the only reason I go on Royal Caribbean is to make the pinnacle of which I should be by next summer. Once you get there your benefits are great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree that Royals reward program is the best in the industry, however I am amused that you stated you ONLY go with Royal to achieve Pinnacle.

Once you get there there benefits are not life changing, sure the free cruise is awesome, but if you have done 700 plus nights (whilst it is a nice recognition) you will have paid many $/£ over a few years, and such Loyalty should be recognized. I actually think a great benefit would be for everybody to earn a percentage of overall expenditure, that could be spent on future cruises. That way some could earn free cruises, whilst others might spend it on Speciality Dining, Drink Packages or Upgrades.

Although we should all remember that nothing is ever really free, along the line the cost of the “free” bit will have been built into the original amount paid. But the feeling of anything free always puts a smile on faces.

Access to the Suite Lounge is also nice but as yet not all ships have that Lounge. Coastal Kitchen is probably the benefit we use most, particularly for breakfast service. Outside of that the benefits are really the same as those for D or D+.

I actually do not think that Royal ever expected so many people to achieve P status, as it was rewarded to a small group of high cruisers at the time. However the high number of P members is an acknowledgement by many of how much their cruises on Royal are enjoyed. From our first cruise, we never set out to be anything more than happy holiday makers, the reason we came back was because we really enjoyed our cruise. So that has been the basis of our growth in cruises, each time we enjoy it we come back. This will continue until we stop having fun, or we we are no longer able to cruise through health or fianance issues.

We would hope that others do the same, cruise because you love spending leisure time on the sea. Cruise with Royal because you feel your money is well spent, rather than simply for getting Points.

Many people believe that the benefits becoming Pinnacle is different from reality, we get treated the same way in the ship Bars and Restaurants as we have since our first cruises. Also since the Upgrade Fairy died the ability to be offered any free upgrades are few if any. We are not unique on a ship, as often there can be 20-30+ P members on a sailing, we have even been on ships with 80+.

Now don’t get me wrong, I still appreciate each and every benefit offered, be it a glass of wine or an invitation to a ship launch event. Although I always know that my $/£ has exactly the same value to the company as that of a first time cruiser.

We cruise because we have worked hard for our leisure money and want to enjoy spending it, and always want value for money. I would never stay with any cruise line simply for a Lounge access, or to get Points. I would hope others would do the same but know of many that are taking extra cruises just to become Pinnacle.

I hope you and others continue to enjoy all aspects of cruising, including any benefits that your Loyalty status might bring.

Thanks I didn’t mean to stir open a canna worms. I cruise about 130 nights a year and typically take half of them on Royal Caribbean. I love the coastal kitchen and travel just a regular balcony normally and don’t see that it’s worth the extra money to get a grand suite or above to enjoy the coastal kitchen so that is my motivation for pinnacle.

I wonder what will happen when there are so many P’s, Suite Guests will be unable to access the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen?

The Diamond Lounge is clearly a C&A perk. Not sure about the SL/CK. Interesting to see what happens in September on Presidents Cruise.

3 free sea pass drinks...

We just became Diamond members on the last cruise. I am cruising as Diamond the first time in April. We are permitted in the lounde? We each get 3 free drinks? How does this work, I don't want to miss anything I'm supposed to get.

Thanks..

3 free sea pass drinks...

We just became Diamond members on the last cruise. I am cruising as Diamond the first time in April. We are permitted in the lounde? We each get 3 free drinks? How does this work, I don't want to miss anything I'm supposed to get.

Thanks..

Yes, you will be permitted in the lounge. You get unlimited free drinks in the lounge during the nightly cocktail period, and 3 free drinks outside the lounge, also during the same nightly cocktail period.

RCCL created a monster with too many diamond members, and too easy to reach this level.

This, exactly. I have a feeling they'll keep watering the perks down, because given that you never go backward (in status, and to my knowledge - I am sure someone will quickly correct me if I am wrong), what else is there to do? If they don't, soon, 3/4 of the ship will be crowding the DLs.

That said, I've been in many DLs and haven't found any of them to be crowded with the exception of sailing night ONE time. Full? Yes, but crowded, no. Actually, on re-reading, that isn't in any way meant to say that what others have reported hasn't been true. I am sure as time goes on, unless the perks are changed, they will get more and more crowded.

Edited by GHarkness

Yes, you will be permitted in the lounge.

And to add to this otherwise excellent answer: You will KNOW you are permitted in the lounge because your Seapass Card will open the door. I still remember the first time my Seapass Card worked. What a rush :-)

I wonder what will happen when there are so many P’s, Suite Guests will be unable to access the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen?

The Diamond Lounge is clearly a C&A perk. Not sure about the SL/CK. Interesting to see what happens in September on Presidents Cruise.

Do you think Pinnacles will have priority over suite guests in CK and SL if they want a seat?.

I believe it has always been profit over loyalty and the stockholders would raise heck if it was the other way around.

Yep, has to be that way. Corporations have that responsibility to their shareholders. They only have a responsibility to treat the pax well enough to keep them coming back.

I am thinking that this is going to be a non-problem. There are only SO many suites on a ship, and Junior Suites don't count in this instance. There won't be any more suite guests than have booked that ship. Pinnacles....I will never be a Pinnacle, as we and many others my age simply won't live long enough to achieve that. I always figured (and still do) that D+ is it for me and my husband.

So really, the problem is in the D and D+ perks, not Suites and Pinnacles. (Also I have noticed that many P's really like spending their time in the DL. I haven't ever been in the Suite lounge, as we only do JSs, but it appears the DLs are preferable on many ships where the Suite lounges don't even have windows to look out!)

ribbon_DIAMOND_PLUS-1.jpeg.017334408f0612389b2c49166d9a94f7.jpeg

I am thinking that this is going to be a non-problem. There are only SO many suites on a ship, and Junior Suites don't count in this instance. There won't be any more suite guests than have booked that ship. Pinnacles....I will never be a Pinnacle, as we and many others my age simply won't live long enough to achieve that. I always figured (and still do) that D+ is it for me and my husband.

So really, the problem is in the D and D+ perks, not Suites and Pinnacles. (Also I have noticed that many P's really like spending their time in the DL. I haven't ever been in the Suite lounge, as we only do JSs, but it appears the DLs are preferable on many ships where the Suite lounges don't even have windows to look out!)

Junior Suites do count in CK for Allure. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Do you think Pinnacles will have priority over suite guests in CK and SL if they want a seat?.

Interesting question. Has there ever had to be a choice? Has any suite guest or Pinnacle member been denied seating in CK?

In my opinion ( which means NOTHING) I believe that overall, suite passengers will have priority. With that said, I know there are several very high level Pinnacle members who tend to sail the same ship. In that case, I imagine that the hostess will be sure that those few Pinnacle members are seated.

M

Counted on the Ovation.

Someone mentioned sailing in Balconies only and their desire to reach pinnacle for the reason they wanted to eat in CK and they estimated they were sailing 65 days a year on RCI. So, a 10-12 year journey to get a perk, that nobody expects to look much like it does today. This seems like a really odd reason to cruise with any line. JMHO and YMMV. Of course, it took me 21+ years just to reach D+, and virtually nothing is like it was when I first cruised RCI.

Like I said, the interesting obsessions and compulsions make this thread both fascinating and terrifying.

JC

Funny - it can definitely be counted on that I will almost always make a statement that will at least in one instance - be wrong :D:D:-)

That's ok, though - I learned something, and I appreciate the correction.

That said, (you can probably tell that) I don't sail on the bigger ships.

ribbon_DIAMOND_PLUS-1.jpeg.edd5be715d17fa73c8900c1bf73e6929.jpeg

You are the only one who thinks kicking Diamonds out of the DL is a win/win situation. How do the Diamonds "win" if they are kicked out of the DL? That statement makes absolutely no sense!

Were you around when the Diamonds were kicked out of the CL? That was not that long ago. Crowding became the issue then also.

We really loved the "Diamond Events" though. :)

Hi. what I suggest is The club should be for diamond plus and above. A lot of the ships have now deleted the diamond plus club. I think if anything they should delete the diamonds from the Diamond club and see if the club for the diamond plus and above people. the diamonds should just get the three drinks for free around the ship but it should be anywhere they serve alcohol. Some of the cruises let u have your drinks in the dining room and I think that’s a good feature.

Agree...though there has never been a Diamond Plus Lounge, I think you are talking about the slowly disappearing Concierge Lounges...that are being replaced with the Suites Lounge (full suites and Pinnacles only) on many ships. In reality...D+ has lost that alternate lounge.

It was just recently they came up with the three drink vouchers, which pax have ended up using simply because they can no longer get into many over crowded D lounges. It's a natural push out...without even changing the set up. :confused::o But I wish they would also give them specialty coffee vouchers also should the Ds lose the lounge.

One idea would be a new lounge called the "C&A" lounge that would be for upper tier members consisting of D+ and Pinnacle ...which could be a possibility once all ships have converted..but that is just one theory. Then no more Pinnacles in the Suites lounge also. Suites lounge...for full suites only.

Were you around when the Diamonds were kicked out of the CL? That was not that long ago. Crowding became the issue then also.

We really loved the "Diamond Events" though. :)

Great post i remember it well when we were looking forward to making diamond and then they stopped CL access.

The diamond events were good but i was happy when they introduced the DLs.