RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Most of these "ideas" to cut down the overcrowding would actually slow down service in the CL's and DL's. Trying to put limits and tracking the number of drinks in the lounges would take time away from pouring drinks. If the lounge is crowded people with take their drinks elsewhere or get them elsewhere. Last year when we were on the Grandeur they had the overflow open but when 1st seating began most of the servers left to service in the MDR. When we enter the lounge at 6 getting a drink could take 20 minutes. Our solution was to stop in the Schooner Bar on the way and get our 1st drink on the way to the lounge. Then we would order our 2nd one in there.

Exactly this ^. The crowding is already essentially kicking pax out to use their drink vouchers somewhere else.

I remember on EX before they installed the DL...we could never get into the crowded CL. We simply chose to use our drink vouchers for the nine days (that program had just come out) in the pretty VCL sitting at the bar with a great bartender that knew our peferences. Had a great time and a much nicer view anyway!

Hopping back over to RC after a several year hiatus, mostly cruising (and greatly enjoying) Celebrity. We've decided to combine a trip to see family with a cruise, so will be sailing Liberty in April. DD, who is 8, will be sailing with us, and we all have beverage packages. From what I can gather, Diamond status will have little value to us this trip. We can't visit the DL with DD, and see no point in making her go to the kids' club just so we can visit the lounge. We also have beverage packages, so don't care for/need the free drinks in the evening.

I think the only thing(s) we will make use of are perhaps priority tender tickets and tickets to the ice show, if those are still available for collection from the DL. Can anyone confirm?

In your suite experience do they get priority now?

Have no idea. Don’t typically sail when high numbers of P are on the ship. Interesting to see what they do on Harmony Presidents Cruise.

One of the main reasons we pay full Suite prices on Oasis Class is for the SL/CK experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 free sea pass drinks...

We just became Diamond members on the last cruise. I am cruising as Diamond the first time in April. We are permitted in the lounde? We each get 3 free drinks? How does this work, I don't want to miss anything I'm supposed to get.

Thanks..

Diamond lounge only of course, not the Suites Lounge/Concierge Lounge.

Enjoy and congrats on making Diamond! :)

Great post i remember it well when we were looking forward to making diamond and then they stopped CL access.

The diamond events were good but i was happy when they introduced the DLs.

Me too...but boy did we have some really great times in the forward lounge on Freedom during the "Diamond Event". Some of the best memories! :D

Me too...but boy did we have some really great times in the forward lounge on Freedom during the "Diamond Event". Some of the best memories! :D

Our best ever DL memories were on Navigator in May 2013 a 7 night cruise out of Rome.

We joined a small group of Americans on the first night in the DL and our group expanded to the whole lounge pretty soon and we felt we had known each other for ages and we all agreed it was a fantastic week of celebration.

I am thinking that this is going to be a non-problem. There are only SO many suites on a ship, and Junior Suites don't count in this instance. There won't be any more suite guests than have booked that ship. Pinnacles....I will never be a Pinnacle, as we and many others my age simply won't live long enough to achieve that. I always figured (and still do) that D+ is it for me and my husband.

So really, the problem is in the D and D+ perks, not Suites and Pinnacles. (Also I have noticed that many P's really like spending their time in the DL. I haven't ever been in the Suite lounge, as we only do JSs, but it appears the DLs are preferable on many ships where the Suite lounges don't even have windows to look out!)

In our experience the SL had a few P's enjoying it, we have never met a P in the DL. And the ships we sailed on the SL had beautiful views as did the DL. We prefer the SL however...seem to be more intimate.

Our best ever DL memories were on Navigator in May 2013 a 7 night cruise out of Rome.

We joined a small group of Americans on the first night in the DL and our group expanded to the whole lounge pretty soon and we felt we had known each other for ages and we all agreed it was a fantastic week of celebration.

Indeed it's pretty cool when it morphs into something like that. :)

Do you think Pinnacles will have priority over suite guests in CK and SL if they want a seat?.

In my limited experience they gave preference to suite guests. Example. They were running out of canned soda in the SL on the Harmony TA (which was packed with pinnacles). I know this b/c I asked for a Diet Coke and he started to use the fountain gun so I asked for a can so I could go back to the cabin with it. The bartender said we are running out but since you are in a suite and not just pinnacle no problem.

Another similar type of thing happened in that cruise with the crew telling me no problem since you are a suite guest and not here due to pinnacle status.

I was surprised they went out of there way to say that but it left with the impression that they are told suite guests are there top priority in the SL.

Just two little examples but I think they provide a little to the question.

Yup, over 2300 posts to date. But the funny thing is...we are giving a lot of entertainment to over 93,000 looky-loos! ;p;p:')

Your right.

I cannot understand why people want a great popular thread closing and i agree there are probably thousands of people reading every post with curious interest to see what will be mentioned next.

In my limited experience they gave preference to suite guests. Example. They were running out of canned soda in the SL on the Harmony TA (which was packed with pinnacles). I know this b/c I asked for a Diet Coke and he started to use the fountain gun so I asked for a can so I could go back to the cabin with it. The bartender said we are running out but since you are in a suite and not just pinnacle no problem.

Another similar type of thing happened in that cruise with the crew telling me no problem since you are a suite guest and not here due to pinnacle status.

I was surprised they went out of there way to say that but it left with the impression that they are told suite guests are there top priority in the SL.

You sure they weren't just playing to their audience?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We have gotten the same impression.

Very revealing thank you.

Your right.

I cannot understand why people want a great popular thread closing and i agree there are probably thousands of people reading every post with curious interest to see what will be mentioned next.

We are like the accident on the freeway...they just can't help but stare! ;p:')

Your right.

Who wants it closed? Anyone who has the slightest knowledge about me, knows that I never want any thread closed or any post removed.

I just think posting the same thing over and over and over is pointless. Not to mention tiresome.

JC