RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

You are the only one who thinks kicking Diamonds out of the DL is a win/win situation. How do the Diamonds "win" if they are kicked out of the DL? That statement makes absolutely no sense!

Not in Europe because we don't to date have overcrowded DL or CL

I have suggested making it 5 drinks vouchers to be used anywhere on the ship any time during the day as a trade for diamonds not using the lounge during cocktail hours especially now when RC are not allowing overflow lounges on some ships and several people have posted their approval of this.

Access during the day for breakfast, coffee's and teas would stay the same.

Not in Europe because we don't to date have overcrowded DL or CL

I have suggested making it 5 drinks vouchers to be used anywhere on the ship any time during the day as a trade for diamonds not using the lounge during cocktail hours especially now when RC are not allowing overflow lounges on some ships and several people have posted their approval of this.

Access during the day for breakfast, coffee's and teas would stay the same.

No way they are going to give access to Diamonds for only part of the day, way too hard to enforce. They could program the cards to deny access during certain hours but they would have to clear the lounge before cocktail hours because some people would camp out. Adding more vouchers is not a benefit for someone who doesn't even use all of the 3 current vouchers. As far as your Europe comment, you only know what happens on your cruises, you can't assume what you see on your cruises is the same on all cruises.

Who has said anything about closing anything down. This Thread was about the new Royal policy not to offer an overflow area for the Lounges in crowded times.

What would you suggest for a remedy. Royal already gave 3 FREE drinks on SeaPass but actually that has not seemed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. what I suggest is The club should be for diamond plus and above. A lot of the ships have now deleted the diamond plus club. I think if anything they should delete the diamonds from the Diamond club and see if the club for the diamond plus and above people. the diamonds should just get the three drinks for free around the ship but it should be anywhere they serve alcohol. Some of the cruises let u have your drinks in the dining room and I think that’s a good feature.

Like I said before Royal Caribbean is a middle of the road cruise line, the thing that makes it better is its rewards program. To be honest with you that’s the only reason I go on Royal Caribbean is to make the pinnacle of which I should be by next summer. Once you get there your benefits are great

Hi. what I suggest is The club should be for diamond plus and above. A lot of the ships have now deleted the diamond plus club. I think if anything they should delete the diamonds from the Diamond club and see if the club for the diamond plus and above people. the diamonds should just get the three drinks for free around the ship but it should be anywhere they serve alcohol. Some of the cruises let u have your drinks in the dining room and I think that’s a good feature.

What Diamond + club? Hard to delete something that doesn't exist.

There is a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. Some ships have replaced the Concierge Lounge with a Suite Lounge but there isn't a Diamond Plus club.

Like I said before Royal Caribbean is a middle of the road cruise line, the thing that makes it better is its rewards program. To be honest with you that’s the only reason I go on Royal Caribbean is to make the pinnacle of which I should be by next summer. Once you get there your benefits are great

Hi. what I suggest is The club should be for diamond plus and above. A lot of the ships have now deleted the diamond plus club. I think if anything they should delete the diamonds from the Diamond club and see if the club for the diamond plus and above people. the diamonds should just get the three drinks for free around the ship but it should be anywhere they serve alcohol. Some of the cruises let u have your drinks in the dining room and I think that’s a good feature

Congratulations in advance for reaching Pinnacle but here we go again... a case for "I'm alright jack so let's dilute the benefits".

You have already enjoyed the benefits of Diamond so now you are beyond it you want to remove them.

Edited by icsys

No way they are going to give access to Diamonds for only part of the day, way too hard to enforce. They could program the cards to deny access during certain hours but they would have to clear the lounge before cocktail hours because some people would camp out. Adding more vouchers is not a benefit for someone who doesn't even use all of the 3 current vouchers. As far as your Europe comment, you only know what happens on your cruises, you can't assume what you see on your cruises is the same on all cruises.

They do it for JS for CK.

What is or was the D+ Club?

You do know that Diamonds out number D+ and P combined??? So you kick out the majority of cruisers?

Celebrity can

There are slight differences in benefits. Both are very good. For the purposes of this thread, the Celebrity cocktail hours is TWO hours. And, (if still the case) there is no cocktail hour the first evening. But, cabin mates are welcome on the evening cocktail event.

M

They could close the lounge 30 minutes before opening hour and check P and and D+ cards on entry or just make it a C&A

Your right it is different in Europe and Arabia so i will leave it to you good people in the US to suggest Solutions for the overcrowded DL/CL in the US.

Congratulations for when you make Pinnacle.

There are slight differences in benefits. Both are very good. For the purposes of this thread, the Celebrity cocktail hours is TWO hours. And, (if still the case) there is no cocktail hour the first evening. But, cabin mates are welcome on the evening cocktail event.

M

Last time I sailed 'X' was in April '16.

That was the same then.

Still a good loyalty program. I got a free upgrade to Concierge Class and that made a slight difference

My suggestion, although unpopular, is to limit the drinks to some number per night ( whatever is determined by RCCL) regardless where the voucher is used. That means that those enjoying the lounge are using vouchers for each drink. That would include soda cans or bottles of water as vouchers are needed for these drinks outside the lounge.

Those who want to use their vouchers in the lounge may do so. This would certainly cut down on the reported unlimited drinking in the lounge till shortly before cocktail hours close then running to a bar to get three drinks to have later.

It MIGHT cut down on overcrowding if folks have exhausted all their vouchers, they might leave the lounge for some other activity.

M

My suggestion, although unpopular, is to limit the drinks to some number per night ( whatever is determined by RCCL) regardless where the voucher is used. That means that those enjoying the lounge are using vouchers for each drink. That would include soda cans or bottles of water as vouchers are needed for these drinks outside the lounge.

Those who want to use their vouchers in the lounge may do so. This would certainly cut down on the reported unlimited drinking in the lounge till shortly before cocktail hours close then running to a bar to get three drinks to have later.

It MIGHT cut down on overcrowding if folks have exhausted all their vouchers, they might leave the lounge for some other activity.

M

My suggestion and it is a wise one is for everyone to quit making suggestions.

JC

What do the other cruise Lines offer for Loyalty only. Not a Suite Guest. How many have private Lounges and snacks and free drinks?

I believe the only other line that has free drinks is Celebrity, with shorter hours.

Princess has a lounge with "discounted" drinks.

M

This was my suggestion as well but there seems to be a few who need the unlimited drinks.

M

The above is true for Celebrity Elite and Elite+ tiers. However, the highest Celebrity tier (roughly equivalent to RCCL Pinnacle) is Zenith and Zeniths get admitted to Michael's Club where the cocktail hour is much longer and where they also have a much wider selection of drinks than is available in any of the Diamond/Concierge/Suite longes on Royal Caribbean.