RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I didn't miss the point at all. We're talking about over crowding in the lounges. You can go to ANY bar and get ANY drink of your choice thus leaving a seat free in the lounge for someone wanting their FREE DRINK.

I thought his point was that many frequent the lounges for the view or the camaraderie. Not to many of the lounges actually have the ability to upgrade drinks, though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

On allure once with Pez. Apparently he was star class the next week ( they had a separate line and you could go about every third rider in main line) and he hogged the flowrider so much which started a huge thread on here about it.

He is good though and even more so given his age. He was nice to me but some don’t like home that is for sure.

Sounds like we are similar but I’m not pez level. I can ride as long as I want typically though if I don’t try new stuff.

I would think that would be a problem if someone like Pez could load every third ride and took his average 5 minutes per. I start feeling bad after a couple of minutes hogging the flowrider if there are more than a handful in line.

We were talking about unique Ps, Pez definitely fits that role. He is either a retired school principal or he was a international jewel thief stealing with insider information from someone inside Scotland Yard and Loyds of London.... or some other story he might have told the rest of you. Those were the two stories he told the wife and I.

One thing in the lounge you can be anything you want to tell people you are. IE, the first liar has no chance against a real pro, and I don’t bother trying to figure out which most people are. Tell me anything you like, and I will go along, just don’t think I actually care or believe you.

Kind of like this thread.....:evilsmile:

JC

Probably not, but I don't think it was started to discuss ways to reduce benefits either, but looking back that seemed to be the theme.

Regarding the heads up on changes to policies, stopping the lounge overflows is their prerogative and there is little that can be done about it. Suggestions around reduction of benefits to alleviate it is surely not the best way to go?

I don’t think I have tried to reduce anyone’s benefit. I have mentioned setting the limit on drinks in the lounge as a way of reducing crowding.

What others have said or implied

1) Remove Diamonds from DL to use the 3 drinks on SeaPass. Diamonds are Royals highest number of sailing members. More than D+ & P combined. It wouldn’t be wise of Royal to do this.

2) Increase size of DL. That would work but not likely and I am not sure how much people would enjoy a huge Space. People would complain about the lack of seats near a window with a view.

3) Allow some combination of D+ into the SL with the P’s. High level D+. Might work in some situations but not all. Will make some D+ feel better.

4) Increase drinks on SeaPass from 3 to 5. What about a bigger discount on DP? 5 drinks during cocktail hours could be a bit dangerous.

Royal had a plan regarding crowding in lounge. They offered up the 3 drinks on drink card. I believe this was in hopes of reducing crowding but in some ways has backfired and is abused from the intent.

I’m am not sure Royal ever meant for drinks to be unlimited. I have stopped by early had a drink, went elsewhere and returned in time for another drink, a nightcap or whatever, and some of the same people are still there, continuing to drink. We have watched them stumble out. Was this the intent of the lounge?? Why wouldn’t Royal then have had unlimited drinks on SeaPass during the hours?

I would love for Royal to give me unlimited drinks all day so a DP wasn’t my choice. You will not see us in the lounge early for a seat. It’s not that important to us. It’s nice, yes, and we enjoy it. As Diamond level Suite Guest, we are glad many of the ships are moving to SL with a view instead being confined to an interior lounge with no view.

These perks are not “entitlements” as some have expressed. They are given by Royal and may be removed at any time and on any sailing and may even change during the sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think that would be a problem if someone like Pez could load every third ride and took his average 5 minutes per. I start feeling bad after a couple of minutes hogging the flowrider if there are more than a handful in line.

We were talking about unique Ps, Pez definitely fits that role. He is either a retired school principal or he was a international jewel thief stealing with insider information from someone inside Scotland Yard and Loyds of London.... or some other story he might have told the rest of you. Those were the two stories he told the wife and I.

One thing in the lounge you can be anything you want to tell people you are. IE, the first liar has no chance against a real pro, and I don’t bother trying to figure out which most people are. Tell me anything you like, and I will go along, just don’t think I actually care or believe you.

Kind of like this thread.....:evilsmile:

JC

I was next to him in line several times. He told me he was in education but made his money starting a bus company (like tour busses) in NY or somewhere up there. You just jogged my memory with your post.

I had no idea he was a pinnacle and really wouldnt care anyhow and really didn’t care if he had money or not. He is def a character. But like I said before he was always nice to me and I didn’t know much about him until I read about him on here.

It would never occur to me that someone would lie about their background given the circumstance. Maybe a young guy making stuff up to impress a girl. But an old guy telling me stuff? I’m not easily impressed so I don’t care much about what others do other just from a pure interest in getting to know someone.

I said "before" you go into the MDR. Maybe if people keep getting up and disrupting the flow then RC might change the no free drink rule in the MDR.

IMO there is nothing that actually disturbs the flow in the MDR more than when the assistant waiter is gone for at LEAST 10 minutes at a pop to retrieve drinks from the bar.

I was next to him in line several times. He told me he was in education but made his money starting a bus company (like tour busses) in NY or somewhere up there. You just jogged my memory with your post.

I had no idea he was a pinnacle and really wouldnt care anyhow and really didn’t care if he had money or not. He is def a character. But like I said before he was always nice to me and I didn’t know much about him until I read about him on here.

It would never occur to me that someone would lie about their background given the circumstance. Maybe a young guy making stuff up to impress a girl. But an old guy telling me stuff? I’m not easily impressed so I don’t care much about what others do other just from a pure interest in getting to know someone.

I got along well with him, too. On about day two of 7 I fell and hit my knee on the board. It instantly started swelling (I mean it swelled to a 3 inch bump 1 inch high. He took a plastic bag out of his gym/surf bag, went to the bar nearby on the Oasis and came back and I would ice my knee between rides.

Tour buses or an international jewel thief working for his uncle in Italy. Sounds like the same thing to me. Genuinely a good guy. That said he is full of s———!

Again, the DL is a place you can “learn” all sorts of things.:loudcry:

JC

JC

You can always book STAR Class and butt in line. I mean if that is something you really like to do, Flowrider time. [emoji33]

That was the question I asked, could I? I wouldn’t because I am not that kind of guy, but I would definitely like to know that was the case before I acted like a fool, and say what is up with that.

That said, I do not believe this perk exists for Star class, because I have never seen the short star line on a ship. Don’t make me put you in that category as being full of .....

JC

I don’t think I have tried to reduce anyone’s benefit. I have mentioned setting the limit on drinks in the lounge as a way of reducing crowding.

What others have said or implied

1) Remove Diamonds from DL to use the 3 drinks on SeaPass. Diamonds are Royals highest number of sailing members. More than D+ & P combined. It wouldn’t be wise of Royal to do this.

2) Increase size of DL. That would work but not likely and I am not sure how much people would enjoy a huge Space. People would complain about the lack of seats near a window with a view.

3) Allow some combination of D+ into the SL with the P’s. High level D+. Might work in some situations but not all. Will make some D+ feel better.

4) Increase drinks on SeaPass from 3 to 5. What about a bigger discount on DP? 5 drinks during cocktail hours could be a bit dangerous.

Royal had a plan regarding crowding in lounge. They offered up the 3 drinks on drink card. I believe this was in hopes of reducing crowding but in some ways has backfired and is abused from the intent.

I’m am not sure Royal ever meant for drinks to be unlimited. I have stopped by early had a drink, went elsewhere and returned in time for another drink, a nightcap or whatever, and some of the same people are still there, continuing to drink. We have watched them stumble out. Was this the intent of the lounge?? Why wouldn’t Royal then have had unlimited drinks on SeaPass during the hours?

I would love for Royal to give me unlimited drinks all day so a DP wasn’t my choice. You will not see us in the lounge early for a seat. It’s not that important to us. It’s nice, yes, and we enjoy it. As Diamond level Suite Guest, we are glad many of the ships are moving to SL with a view instead being confined to an interior lounge with no view.

These perks are not “entitlements” as some have expressed. They are given by Royal and may be removed at any time and on any sailing and may even change during the sailing.

Thanks for mentioning all of my suggestions for the benefit of my American friends.

Everyone comes into the DL for the free drinks during cocktail hour because the DL is empty the rest of the day.

This is a fantastic benefit and great USP for RC.

Other cruiselines will muscle in if Royal change this which would be a mistake for RC as they currently fill their ships.

That was the question I asked, could I? I wouldn’t because I am not that kind of guy, but I would definitely like to know that was the case before I acted like a fool, and say what is up with that.

That said, I do not believe this perk exists for Star class, because I have never seen the short star line on a ship. Don’t make me put you in that category as being full of .....

JC

It certainly used to as I’ve seen it with my own eyes. It might still on allure. This would be a good thread to post to find out.

Thanks for mentioning all of my suggestions for the benefit of my American friends.

Everyone comes into the DL for the free drinks during cocktail hour because the DL is empty the rest of the day.

This is a fantastic benefit and great USP for RC.

Other cruiselines will muscle in if Royal change this which would be a mistake for RC as they currently fill their ships.

I pay attention. Lol

So now that you made D+ your in favor of running out the Diamonds?

JC

JC

I just confirmed with family and friends that there is a Star Class line on Flowrider. Depending on numbers in the regular line, Star Class will be shuffled in every 3-5 people. This was on Allure last month

However, it’s up to the activities director on that cruise that determines Flowrider Lines.

I pay attention. Lol

So now that you made D+ your in favor of running out the Diamonds?

We do all our cruises in Europe or Arabia and there is always a lot of nice people in the DL and it is never full so no i don't want diamonds run out.

It sounds from the posts that it is a totally different scenario sailing from Florida ports with overcrowded lounges so i made a few suggestions that several people posting were in favour of.

Royal could lose a lot of loyal customers if they don't handle this right with lots of new ships being built for other cruise lines who would gratefully accept them and offer them inducements including matching loyalty levels.

For me a win/win situation is one we should always seek.

We do all our cruises in Europe or Arabia and there is always a lot of nice people in the DL and it is never full so no i don't want diamonds run out.

It sounds from the posts that it is a totally different scenario sailing from Florida ports with overcrowded lounges so i made a few suggestions that several people posting were in favour of.

Royal could lose a lot of loyal customers if they don't handle this right with lots of new ships being built for other cruise lines who would gratefully accept them and offer them inducements including matching loyalty levels.

What do the other cruise Lines offer for Loyalty only. Not a Suite Guest. How many have private Lounges and snacks and free drinks?

What do the other cruise Lines offer for Loyalty only. Not a Suite Guest. How many have private Lounges and snacks and free drinks?

Exactly and thats why people stay loyal.

Start diluting the benefits with nothing back in return is a surefire way to pursuade people to look at other options.

Exactly and thats why people stay loyal.

Start diluting the benefits with nothing back in return is a surefire way to pursuade people to look at other options.

I was asking what do the other cruise lines offer. From your answer it doesn’t sound like they reward loyalty???

The P’s are now rewarded with access to the Suite Lounge.

You are the only one who thinks kicking Diamonds out of the DL is a win/win situation. How do the Diamonds "win" if they are kicked out of the DL? That statement makes absolutely no sense!