RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

The loyalty benefits like free happy hour are important for those of us that have earned the bennies and exercised them. Taking them away removes a key reason to be loyal. Princess and HAL are good cruise lines and can provide a very similar product.

...and Celebrity.

He is a big shareholder thats why.

There's always one, everyone i speak to love the free drinks perk in the DL.

It’s really not the FREE drinks, it’s the complaining about the Lounges being crowed, no overflow. Suite Lounges in lieu of a CL.

Royal is not going to create more non revenue producing areas.

Ideas to help the lounge. One was 3 on SeaPass card that can be used at most bars. I bet many still have a drink or few or more in DL and maybe the 3 on the SeaPass. Without kicking Diamonds out of the lounge, what are your ideas to eliminate crowding? I have said put limits on the FREE drinks in the lounge. Or just 3 total drinks is lounge and outside the lounge.

What are your ideas other than adding Space or kicking Diamonds out? You got one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope its okay for you tomorrow.

It was very hazardous driving this morning.

I'll probably just stay at home tomorrow. I have some golf stuff to sort ahead of the Scottish Golf Agm on Sunday.

I was skiing at Glenshee a few weeks ago. I was going to try and go this week but the roads will be blocked. Looks like that will be next week

Glad I'm not in Perth at the Rangers game. Roads will be bad coming home from there

Get this straight..."Do away" with free drinks in a lounge created to thank cruisers for their loyalty is NOT a good idea for RCCL. It's not good business to give something and then take it away....RCCL will find that those loyal cruisers will go elsewhere. There are plenty of other cruise lines to choose from and I am sure those cruise lines would be happy to have them.

Well then why all the complaining about overcrowded Lounges with no overflow?

This thread was about overcrowded Lounges not offering overflow. I offer a solution to that over crowding. We enjoy the Lounges too but have a drink package.

The loyalty benefits like free happy hour are important for those of us that have earned the bennies and exercised them. Taking them away removes a key reason to be loyal. Princess and HAL are good cruise lines and can provide a very similar product.

MSC will status match diamond to Black (their highest level).

It’s really not the FREE drinks, it’s the complaining about the Lounges being crowed, no overflow. Suite Lounges in lieu of a CL.

Ideas to help the lounge. One was 3 on SeaPass card that can be used at most bars. I bet many still have a drink or few or more in DL and maybe the 3 on the SeaPass. Without kicking Diamonds out of the lounge, what are your ideas to eliminate crowding? I have said put limits on the FREE drinks in the lounge. Or just 3 total drinks is lounge and outside the lounge.

What are your ideas other than adding Space or kicking Diamonds out? You got one?

Why do you need a solution. If its full when you go down, go to another bar and use the drinks on the sea pass card.

Hi everyone, my complaint is not with any diamond member just the way Royal Caribbean administers it. With my 500 cruise nights ,I have had some experience in royal Caribbean and I don’t think that the diamond level and 80 whatever nights should enjoy the same privilege. That’s nice that they do that but it’s not sustainable on the ships. It’s not fair to put pinnacles diamond plus and diamonds in the same area. It seems like half the passengers on any ship nowadays are at least diamond. I look for ships now to cruise on that have a Concierge club Just to avoid these overcrowding issues.

Where we cruise from we don't need a solution.

For my US friends i would say:

A big enough lounge with the potential to have an overflow lounge.

An option for up to 5 free drinks in any bar and MDR.

Ok. How about that time limit you mentioned, one hour to consume your FREE drinks, want to stay longer, buy them. That should help crowding.

Oh and I forgot to mention if they try taking away these clubs I will definitely never come back even though I’m very close to pinnacle anyway. I take a lot of other cruise lines and there certainly is much better products out there. I come back to Royal for that Concierge club because I always like those. Without that and well you know nobody will come back repeatedly

Oh and I forgot to mention if they try taking away these clubs I will definitely never come back even though I’m very close to pinnacle anyway. I take a lot of other cruise lines and there certainly is much better products out there. I come back to Royal for that Concierge club because I always like those. Without that and well you know nobody will come back repeatedly

Who has said anything about closing anything down. This Thread was about the new Royal policy not to offer an overflow area for the Lounges in crowded times.

What would you suggest for a remedy. Royal already gave 3 FREE drinks on SeaPass but actually that has not seemed to work.

On the Brilliance now. 15 Pinnacles, 72 D+, 124 Diamonds. Both lounges packed from 5-6pm, empty from 6 till we head to dinner at 7:30.....

The numbers you list total 211, we have been on sailing with over 600 Diamonds and Above; I believe on our last sailing on NV (a 9 day sailing that was NOT over a holiday weekend at all) there was a total of close to 1000 in total eligible for the DL. On the flip side there were only 66 children on that sailing.

On NV they had to use the Viking Crown Lounge as overflow and did.

I'll probably just stay at home tomorrow. I have some golf stuff to sort ahead of the Scottish Golf Agm on Sunday.

I was skiing at Glenshee a few weeks ago. I was going to try and go this week but the roads will be blocked. Looks like that will be next week

Glad I'm not in Perth at the Rangers game. Roads will be bad coming home from there

Good to see Rangers near the top and hopefully next year's champions.

The numbers you list total 211, we have been on sailing with over 600 Diamonds and Above; I believe on our last sailing on NV (a 9 day sailing that was NOT over a holiday weekend at all) there was a total of close to 1000 in total eligible for the DL. On the flip side there were only 66 children on that sailing.

On NV they had to use the Viking Crown Lounge as overflow and did.

When was that cruise? Seems like new policy only recently went into effect.

Why accept 1 hour when it is currently 3 hours free drinks?

The poster said Hour not Hours. I was offering as a suggestion to reduce crowding in the lounge.

What’s your suggestion other than kicking out Diamonds and bringing back the CL where Suite Lounges have been added?

Hi everyone, my complaint is not with any diamond member just the way Royal Caribbean administers it. With my 500 cruise nights ,I have had some experience in royal Caribbean and I don’t think that the diamond level and 80 whatever nights should enjoy the same privilege. That’s nice that they do that but it’s not sustainable on the ships. It’s not fair to put pinnacles diamond plus and diamonds in the same area. It seems like half the passengers on any ship nowadays are at least diamond. I look for ships now to cruise on that have a Concierge club Just to avoid these overcrowding issues.

Were you not Diamond at one time? Easy to rid yourself of them so quickly? Wouldn’t you think they are the bulk of the cruisers?

If Royal walked all over the Diamonds and their perks, it would hurt the bottom line.

Just think, your only 200 nights away from P.