RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I missed that bit on Grahams post.

They are a big company. Buchanans toffee was good amongst others. Do you get them where you live??

Cheers bigeck.

Golden Casket are known for Millions sweets Onepounders, Buchanans,Gibbs and Ferguson's fine chocolate,fudge and toffees.

I missed that bit on Grahams post.

They are a big company. Buchanans toffee was good amongst others. Do you get them where you live??

No--but it sounds wonderful. I love chocolate and toffee. In the U.S. Enstrom's in Colorado is a popular place to get chocolate covered toffee. But I really don't care for Godiva or Ghirardelli. Love plain ole Hershey bars.

Thanks I didn’t mean to stir open a canna worms. I cruise about 130 nights a year and typically take half of them on Royal Caribbean. I love the coastal kitchen and travel just a regular balcony normally and don’t see that it’s worth the extra money to get a grand suite or above to enjoy the coastal kitchen so that is my motivation for pinnacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We would like to make Pinnacle too and cruise in JSs because of the double points and access to CK for dinner. Would love to go for 130 days but I think 21 days in a year has been our high water mark. We will hit 525 soon so will get an extra amenity.

Did you mention the nicer meal with the Captain and other high level officers that you will get as a P. We get a nice meal and have had interesting staff eat with us -- we enjoy this perk.

Normally we agree but Alcohol sales are one of Royals profit margins. Giving away more FREE drinks will decrease that margin.

Set fixed number of FREE drinks period. Limit it too two in DL. That would free up seats. If your two are used up in DL, then you can’t use in Dinning areas.

If you drink outside of DL, set to 3 on Pass But drinks in DL count towards the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd be happy with just 1 free drink, if it could be a cocktail. I need a sweet drink, and a rum punch is not sweet. Would love a Hurricane, or a Pina Colada. :D

I'd be happy with just 1 free drink, if it could be a cocktail. I need a sweet drink, and a rum punch is not sweet. Would love a Hurricane, or a Pina Colada. :D

There probably is plenty of people who only have 1 or 2 drinks in the DL which compensates for people who have more.

Even though we don't drink much alcohol i would never advocate boosting someones profit margins by accepting less when i am a customer.

My customers wouldn't accept it and neither do i.

I heard that he took the horse on a cruise as his "comfort animal" but the horse left a deposit at guest services. Things aren't going too well for him right now.

OMG!! Way too funny! Thanks for the morning laugh!! ;p;p

There probably is plenty of people who only have 1 or 2 drinks in the DL which compensates for people who have more.

Even though we don't drink much alcohol i would never advocate boosting someones profit margins by accepting less when i am a customer.

My customers wouldn't accept it and neither do i.

My post is not about RCI's profit margin.. I actually couldn't care less about that. My post is also not about accepting less, rather it is about wanting more. If I got 1 cocktail, that is far more than what they offer me now, as I will not drink what they offer now.

My post is not about RCI's profit margin.. I actually couldn't care less about that. My post is also not about accepting less, rather it is about wanting more. If I got 1 cocktail, that is far more than what they offer me now, as I will not drink what they offer now.

Sorry my comment was only aimed at your one drink comment but the main body of the post was in reply to Milwaukee Eight who seems to have a vested interest in RCI profits.

Chocolate martini is pretty sweet.

Bailey's on the rocks also sweet

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Lemon drop is pretty sweet and tart.

Jameson and Ginger ale is pretty sweet.

Cosmopolitan is semi sweet.

Anything and coke is pretty sweet.

White Zinfandel is very cloyingly sweet.... ;-)

JC

JC

You know it's pink cool aid. I hear it's good on ice. 😉

I like the idea of unlimited drinks for the 3.5 hours at any lounge and dining venue.
Normally we agree but Alcohol sales are one of Royals profit margins. Giving away more FREE drinks will decrease that margin.

Set fixed number of FREE drinks period. Limit it too two in DL. That would free up seats. If your two are used up in DL, then you can’t use in Dinning areas.

If you drink outside of DL, set to 3 on Pass But drinks in DL count towards the 3

Given that the probable cost of making / mixing a drink, is less than one dollar, giving five or six away per D, D+ and P guest is hardly going to break the RCI bank.

Yes it can reduce their profit, but I recall several welcome back parties were several hundred glasses of unused wine were poured down the drain. Why the hell pour so many in the first place? No wonder they start to cut back.

I'm sure that RCI makes more than enough profit on drinks given the high cost of the drinks packages and the per item bar prices.

So again, why the need to dilute benefits?

Given that the probable cost of making / mixing a drink, is less than one dollar, giving five or six away per D, D+ and P guest is hardly going to break the RCI bank.

Yes it can reduce their profit, but I recall several welcome back parties were several hundred glasses of unused wine were poured down the drain. Why the hell pour so many in the first place? No wonder they start to cut back.

I'm sure that RCI makes more than enough profit on drinks given the high cost of the drinks packages and the per item bar prices.

So again, why the need to dilute benefits?

Totally agree.

JC

I've jotted these down. Every time I asked a bartender for something sweet, they stated the rum punch was as sweet as it got, which I didn't care for. I will try these at one of the bars on the Navigator. The Chocolate Martini and/or the Lemon Drop may be a good choice for me. I figured these were considered cocktails, so it should be clear that I know next to nothing about alcoholic beverages.

Thanks so much

I've jotted these down. Every time I asked a bartender for something sweet, they stated the rum punch was as sweet as it got, which I didn't care for. I will try these at one of the bars on the Navigator. The Chocolate Martini and/or the Lemon Drop may be a good choice for me. I figured these were considered cocktails, so it should be clear that I know next to nothing about alcoholic beverages.

Thanks so much

I don’t pay much attention to the inventory of the DL bar, as I have simple drink tastes. IE Gin and Tonic, Jameson and Ginger Ale, Red wine will satisfy me 95% of the time.

Just remember vodka or light rum goes well with any fruit juice. IE OJ and Vodka is called a screwdriver. My wife loves lemonade with her vodka. So any fruit juice and you have the makings of a cocktail you might like.

JC

PS, JC doesn’t have a thing for white Zin,,,,, just wonders about those that drink it. :eek::halo::loudcry: I will admit to having consumed a few bottles of Beringer in my lifetime, but that was truly a life time ago. I will admit that a White Zin is a very easy wine to drink with dessert. If you are eating chocolate cake then White Zin is an excellent choice. I always finish my red wine before i think about dessert. I know they love to pair wine (red) with chocolate, but I find dessert makes the red wine taste too dry. Of course instead of White Zin, I prefer a late harvest Riesling, but they will never have that in the DL.