RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

You might want to check this thread out, there is at least one poster admitting to the traits your listed above.;)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55452536&posted=1#post55452536

Now, let’s get back to D Lounge issues which never end.:)

Wow...just wow. OMG...what are parents teaching their children now? :eek::o Great way to learn by example. Sad.

You might want to check this thread out, there is at least one poster admitting to the traits your listed above.;)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55452536&posted=1#post55452536

Now, let’s get back to D Lounge issues which never end.:)

You should check this one out as well.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605307

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny thing... it is actually the hot headed poster causing the uproar ...who called themselves a liar. Poster bragged about lying to security. :eek::o

BTW: It looks like the mods rightly closed the thread. It was just getting way too out of control. :o

A lot of the posts must have been withdrawn by the time i started reading them.

A potentially interesting thread was spoiled by that hothead and has since been closed down.

The UK brochures terms and conditions indicate people can be thrown off the ship if they try to bring onboard hidden alcohol.

Agree totally, and I blame the concierge for not going over to quietly talk to the bad parents. They are so scared to say anything to these entitled pax...shame.

On our last few cruises the concierge's have not moved from their desks and mixed with guests and they certainly seem scared to say anything in this case.

A couple of years ago the DL lady concierge was brilliant and spent most of the time talking to guests.

We had a great relationship with her and took her to dinner on the last night after cocktail hours.

A lot of the posts must have been withdrawn by the time i started reading them.

A potentially interesting thread was spoiled by that hothead and has since been closed down.

The UK brochures terms and conditions indicate people can be thrown off the ship if they try to bring onboard hidden alcohol.

At least the hot heads don't last long here on CC. I am sure the mods are watching that troublemaker. Posting on CC is privilege...not a right. Behave and be welcomed...or....:confused::o

Its unnecessary, make your point then leave it. Why call someone a thief for bringing alcohol on board.

I wouldn't ever call anyone a thief for bringing alcohol on board its not my call.

We have never brought wine or spirits onto a ship in 45 cruises,a six pack of cans of San Miguel from Barcelona duty free and a 6 pack 330 ml of Perrier water is our limit.

On our last few cruises the concierge's have not moved from their desks and mixed with guests and they certainly seem scared to say anything in this case.

A couple of years ago the DL lady concierge was brilliant and spent most of the time talking to guests.

We had a great relationship with her and took her to dinner on the last night after cocktail hours.

That was nice...to take her to dinner! Most work so hard, and are very grateful when they are recognized for their dedicated work.

Shame about the ones that just sit there, but perhaps could be just burned out from all the demands and complaints? Not a job I would want, that's for sure! It has to be tough on them.

I wouldn't ever call anyone a thief for bringing alcohol on board its not my call.

We have never brought wine or spirits onto a ship in 45 cruises,a six pack of cans of San Miguel from Barcelona duty free and a 6 pack 330 ml of Perrier water is our limit.

And yet beer is prohibited. :confused:

I agree,i wouldn't call it stealing either.

I really appreciated it when RCI made that allowance of bringing the two bottles of wine per cabin. We very much like having a glass of wine in the cabin to enjoy mid afternoon, or to have on the balcony. Just hope we don't lose that privilege. :eek:

On Freedom, (or at least they used to) the card rooms on the other side of the VCL were used as overflow for the DL. They even put up a temporary bar in there. Kept running out of glasses, but I just asked for refills poured into my wine glass which helped. Not sure if they are using that now?

Those rooms have been converted to the Suite Lounge on the Liberty and it appears will be done on the Adventure and Mariner. Most likely the rest of the Voyager and Freedom class will get this if the space was not already converted into a Specialty restaurant, as in the Explorer.

Those rooms have been converted to the Suite Lounge on the Liberty and it appears will be done on the Adventure and Mariner. Most likely the rest of the Voyager and Freedom class will get this if the space was not already converted into a Specialty restaurant, as in the Explorer.

Ahh...and as the saying goes: The only things that stay the same...is change.