RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I saw that on the Brilliance periscope, great music you got there, Santana playing in the theatre and the band playing Santana in the centrum, very good guitarist.

They were called the Kronos Band and the High Sea Rally who chartered Brilliance for a week paid Royal to bring them aboard (we were told). They were still aboard last time I checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They were called the Kronos Band and the High Sea Rally who chartered Brilliance for a week paid Royal to bring them aboard (we were told). They were still aboard last time I checked.

Did they play a Clapton song, sounded like "when my guitar gently weeps". I take it you hadn't seen them before? I think the sound where you were sitting isn't great and much better up a few floors.

Did they play a Clapton song, sounded like "when my guitar gently weeps". I take it you hadn't seen them before? I think the sound where you were sitting isn't great and much better up a few floors.

Honestly, I don’t recall. They were good at tribute songs. Much better than the Fan Halen band (tribute to Van Halen) who played in the theater.

Unlike others here that claim they seldom drink, if I was periscoping, it was likely after many drinks. Memory not so good. [emoji33]

Unfortunately, if no one bothers to confront the concierge asking about the obvious rule breaking...it will continue. They are are so afraid to admonish the perps for fear of retaliation. Sad.

I don't even know why RC has any rules when they don't enforce them. I guess it looks good on paper, but in reality they aren't what they claim to be. Wish they would follow their own rules. The kids jumping on the furniture shows how the parents have no parenting skills and the kids probably run the show. I am surprised that it wasn't stopped because it's a safety issue. If the kids fall off and hurt themselves they will probably blame Royal for it. It's a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Maybe they were rough diamonds?

Rough or cracked? :D

I never did it but I suppose a mouthwash bottle was the only thing they could think of that would hold that much liquid and might not be suspect.

I remember way back in the old days (70's and 80's) when if was not an issue and we brought full bottles of liquor with any problems. We would often have pre dinner cocktail parties in cabins.

I did once smuggle vodka in a water bottle once. I was to make Jello shots.

Be very careful John.... this statement could be seen as a 'new bone' :evilsmile:

Back in the 90’s you could go into the ship’s store and purchase a bottle, cost plus 10%, for cabin consumption. Screwdrivers before I ever left the cabin. Lol!

Back in the 90’s you could go into the ship’s store and purchase a bottle, cost plus 10%, for cabin consumption. Screwdrivers before I ever left the cabin. Lol!

Actually, the ability to pre purchase Bacardi, vodka,whisky and gin, for delivery to your stateroom, is available on selected ships.

Actually, the ability to pre purchase Bacardi, vodka,whisky and gin, for delivery to your stateroom, is available on selected ships.

While it may be available, the price is ridiculous! You get a 375ml bottle of alcohol and some cans of mixer for around $50. High price for the convenience of a could of drinks in the cabin.

Pre-purchase a 375ml for an outrageous price is not the same as buying a liter of Ketal One for $18 Plus 10%...

Anyway, the two bottles of wine suffices the in-cabin consumption, the days of drinking the hard stuff has diminished. Ha!

Beatles song, written by George Harrison.;p

I don't even know why RC has any rules when they don't enforce them. I guess it looks good on paper, but in reality they aren't what they claim to be. Wish they would follow their own rules. The kids jumping on the furniture shows how the parents have no parenting skills and the kids probably run the show. I am surprised that it wasn't stopped because it's a safety issue. If the kids fall off and hurt themselves they will probably blame Royal for it. It's a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Rough or cracked? :D

Agree totally! It's sad what people get away with now...and very tacky. It seems to be an "all about me...the heck with you" thing unfortunately. :(

Pre-purchase a 375ml for an outrageous price is not the same as buying a liter of Ketal One for $18 Plus 10%...

Anyway, the two bottles of wine suffices the in-cabin consumption, the days of drinking the hard stuff has diminished. Ha!

I guess it is much more fun when you can smuggle it onboard for FREE.