Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

38 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Some google says Branson already christened it, CC official write up says it’ll be christened March 19th. Who knows.

Highly unusual to have a man christen a ship, but it's his baby.  I did do a google search and saw that as well.  There certainly wasn't much hoopla in terms of a ceremony and champagne bottle smashed across the hull (that I saw anyway).  Usually the cruise lines will play that up for all its worth.  

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, janbear said:

One question - I understood that rock star suites such as your Cheeky Corner Suite included a cabana at Bimini - curious as to why you would need to rent one? (we are sailing in a Sweet Aft Suite) 

Maybe the Mega Rockstar, to my knowledge below that it doesn't come with it, I've pretty much read everything I've received and on the website.  Do you remember where you saw that?  As the write-up for the VIP Cabana says only Rockstar suites are eligible to rent, unless they are not all rented out then a non-suite guest can rent.  I'll definitely be calling back if it is included, let me know if you remember where you saw that.  Thx.

13 hours ago, janbear said:

One question - I understood that rock star suites such as your Cheeky Corner Suite included a cabana at Bimini - curious as to why you would need to rent one? (we are sailing in a Sweet Aft Suite) 

No, not included you still have to pay the $350 daily rental.  However, they do have a separate cabana section only for suite guests to rent.  Then, if they have empty cabanas that weren't booked by suite guests they will open those up to the rest of the ship to book.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 1.37.31 PM.png

Another update from our friends...I asked how they like it, they said...”it’s very different. No cruise director, no announcements...more like a resort, than a cruise ship”. This ship has me super curious, and I’m not sure it would like it. The Galley is essentially a Buffet, for whatever way they want to spin it. But...if the price is right, who knows.

4 minutes ago, cde48 said:

Another update from our friends...I asked how they like it, they said...”it’s very different. No cruise director, no announcements...more like a resort, than a cruise ship”. This ship has me super curious, and I’m not sure it would like it. The Galley is essentially a Buffet, for whatever way they want to spin it. But...if the price is right, who knows.

The Galley is not a buffet, unless the Virgin staff are outright lying. I have been to several VV meetings and at each, when speaking about the Galley, they describe it as a food hall with separate restaurants offering made to order menu items. Each restaurant is chef driven with a different chef in charge for each, vastly different than the mass cruise lines where one chef oversees all the offerings. They did away with the buffet concept to move from the enormous waste of food. It is not a buffet. The seating may seem like it because the tables are food hall style, not located in/beside the individual restaurants,  but centrally locatedfor all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m curious as to what changes might be made to the operation of the Valiant Lady... from lessons learned. It’s too late to change the physical layout of the ship such as the pool but other things maybe doable.

Im on a Sept sailing on Scarlet, and jumped the gun booking a 2021 sailing on the Valiant Lady. I wonder if once and done will result in forfeiting my 2021 deposit. I’m excitedly waiting to experience everything....can pre judge.

You are smart. I let emotion override logic in booking. I was interested in only one specific sailing date and thought once the bookings for Europeans started I could miss out. With Scarlets sailings only short voyages cruisers on the other side of the pond would wait for week long cruises. So I will hang in there and see how the product does overseas where the passengers are of an International mix. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

I’m curious as to what changes might be made to the operation of the Valiant Lady... from lessons learned. It’s too late to change the physical layout of the ship such as the pool but other things maybe doable.

Im on a Sept sailing on Scarlet, and jumped the gun booking a 2021 sailing on the Valiant Lady. I wonder if once and done will result in forfeiting my 2021 deposit. I’m excitedly waiting to experience everything....can pre judge.

I think they will add regular beds in 5 years after the first dry dock. Maybe regular wardrobes although the placement of the light may cause that to change . Deifately more shelves in the bathroom. Apart from that I don't know until I see it. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:19 PM, CRAustin said:

Emma's review was toxic, I think there weren't any bars open and that crappy weather made everything seem miserable.  Ben & David seem to almost be the spokesperson, ambassador for Virgin.  They were very upbeat but gave a lot of info.  Not seeing the actual venues in motion you don't get the true feel.

As someone with 24 NCL, many haven and suites and 8 MSC Yacht Club, I am not the target audience but taking my daughter who is and we are looking forward to the Cheeky Suite, the restaurants, the night club and entertainment, and Bimini Beach Club.  Rented a VIP Cabana which also comes with $100 beverage credit.  We are going 4/5/20

I don’t think Emma’s review was toxic at all. I subscribe to her you tube channel, where she’s almost always upbeat and a huge proponent of cruising. It’s clear she loves it. She just didn’t like this ship.

I do trust her opinion, but sooner or later am sure my wife and I will cruise on Virgin. It seems too unique and fun not to. But I would go in being prepared to face these negatives.

9 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

I don’t think Emma’s review was toxic at all. I subscribe to her you tube channel, where she’s almost always upbeat and a huge proponent of cruising. It’s clear she loves it. She just didn’t like this ship.

I do trust her opinion, but sooner or later am sure my wife and I will cruise on Virgin. It seems too unique and fun not to. But I would go in being prepared to face these negatives.

Fair enough, but after watching Ben and David's video I checked some of their other's out and felt the same way about them. Every ship isn't for everybody. 

21 hours ago, ladytimedramon said:

Found another video online:

I really enjoyed this video - it was interesting to see the crew areas as well as many of the smaller areas on the ship that haven't really been highlighted yet in other videos/stories. Thank you for posting!

• Like 2