Transfering to another Travel Agency, also changing cruise ship and date.

Jimbo

So they are going to give up a commission on a $ 9,700 tour/cruise package..just for spite, for watching me lose $ 350 OBC...... and that credit was isn't given to me by that cruise agency? It was from RCCL and Celebrity.

So you are saying it makes sense for them to just let me walk away and spend my $ 9700 at some other agency?

Now they aren't getting any commission from me.

Jimbo:)

Perhaps it's worth it to them to not have to work with you. Most agencies won't give up a reservation unless there is a valid reason and you're getting annoyed at not getting more from the agency isn't considered a valid reason. JMO.

Perhaps it's worth it to them to not have to work with you. Most agencies won't give up a reservation unless there is a valid reason and you're getting annoyed at not getting more from the agency isn't considered a valid reason. JMO.

Not following you, what work do they have to do? You call up your agent book a cruise and agree on the perks they offer or you don't and then take your business elsewhere.

Then you call again and upgrade your reservation to another ship and sailing and the total cost of the package is 3 times more money then the original cruise...........don't you think they can offer more then $100 OBC ?

For example I just got another quote from another agency on the same landtour/cruise package and they offered $800 OBC

So they are going to give up a commission on a $ 9,700 tour/cruise package..just for spite, for watching me lose $ 350 OBC...... and that credit was isn't given to me by that cruise agency? It was from RCCL and Celebrity.

So you are saying it makes sense for them to just let me walk away and spend my $ 9700 at some other agency?

Now they aren't getting any commission from me.

But you can't give that specific booking to another TA to get the perks, I thought that was what had been discussed. You can only make a new booking.

I'm still not sure I understand this. You have TA on your current reservation. Your booking number had OBC. You want to change to another sailing that costs more money. Your current TA will only give you 100.00 OBC. Another agency will give you more OBC. You can't transfer your booking from one TA to another TA without their permission which I doubt they would give because they "own" that reservation.. I'm sure you would like to get more OBC, but in reality that is probably not going to happen. Am I understanding this right?

I'm still not sure I understand this. You have TA on your current reservation. Your booking number had OBC. You want to change to another sailing that costs more money. Your current TA will only give you 100.00 OBC. Another agency will give you more OBC. You can't transfer your booking from one TA to another TA without their permission which I doubt they would give because they "own" that reservation.. I'm sure you would like to get more OBC, but in reality that is probably not going to happen. Am I understanding this right?

You pretty much have it, but a second TA is not on the transfer because RCCL won't allow it.

I was so disgusted with the first TA I asked them to send the reservation back to RCCL so I could do with it what I wanted...........Then about 3 days later I started to ask other TA what price they would give me on the package and what Perks were available.

So I picked one and then we go to transfer it to the new TA and RCCL tells us it can't be transfered again even though the first TA was only giving me a $100 OBC for a $9700 package.

Original booking was made onboard and there is currently $ 350 onboard credit on it that I should be able to get with the new booking if I leave the reservation in RCCL hands.....................Issue is I want to add that $ 350 onto the New TA offer which means I would get ALOT more OBC from them to add to that $ 350.

Nope, she told me to call myself and explain the issue. I got the $150. Like I said before I don't need hand holding for booking a cruise.

When we book a cruise, travel agent needs to do nothing. Just going through a travel agent to get some of my money back for the cost of the cruise? just booking through travel agencies for discounts.

It's a win win for everybody, travel agency and me. We are just sharing some of RCCL's money I gave RCCL.

You act like the travel agencies are doing us a favor/service when we booked through them...........not really we are sharing our money with them.

You expect me, and all of the other members of this board to believe that your TA said "Oh. Just call RCCL yourself and explain the problem," then you did, and RCCL took your call as opposed to saying "you have to have your TA call?" If you read almost ANY thread on these boards that relates to people working with TAs, you will also read that when they do, they cannot call RCCL direct without being sent back to their TA.

Then, you keep throwing your $9700 number around as if we're all supposed to be impressed. NEWSFLASH: you're not spending that $9700 with the TA. You're spending it with Royal Caribbean. The TA actually comes out with a very small percentage of that money for having to deal with you. After reading this thread, I am comfortable saying that it's a sale most TAs would decline or avoid.

Have you done the math to see what is the better deal? Settling for 100.00 OBC on land/sea cruise and possibly losing the rest of OBC or to go with a new reservation with a new TA with much larger OBC, but losing some of the OBC you had. Put it to paper and see what you come up with. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Similar happened to me a few years ago and I was better off canceling the one cruise and booking a new one with new TA.

You expect me, and all of the other members of this board to believe that your TA said "Oh. Just call RCCL yourself and explain the problem," then you did, and RCCL took your call as opposed to saying "you have to have your TA call?" If you read almost ANY thread on these boards that relates to people working with TAs, you will also read that when they do, they cannot call RCCL direct without being sent back to their TA.

Then, you keep throwing your $9700 number around as if we're all supposed to be impressed. NEWSFLASH: you're not spending that $9700 with the TA. You're spending it with Royal Caribbean. The TA actually comes out with a very small percentage of that money for having to deal with you. After reading this thread, I am comfortable saying that it's a sale most TAs would decline or avoid.

Yes, I expect most if not all to believe me. I have been on these boards for a very long time. I have no reason not to tell everyone exactly what happened and is happening.

The issue occured while onboard a cruise. Tried to correct the issue with guest relations while still on the ship. But they declined to do anything.

So I think the attitude possible of the TA was it was best I call and explain the issue with customer service( after we got back from cruise) myself. Maybe the agent was lazy, but she had all ready received her commission for the sailing, I still think she thought it was best I explain it to them myself.

Well anyway they issued us $150 OBC for the issue they couldn't handle onboard.

BTW: the reason I keep saying how much the new booking would cost................because last time I checked OBC is given out accordingly to how much booking cost. Or at least it was until this last land tour/cruise I'm trying to book.

Edited by Jimbo

OBC doesn’t appear to be related to booking cost in my experience. Our last cruise cost within $500 of our upcoming cruise. We received NO OBC for that one, yet have $400 OBC on our upcoming one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OBC doesn’t appear to be related to booking cost in my experience. Our last cruise cost within $500 of our upcoming cruise. We received NO OBC for that one, yet have $400 OBC on our upcoming one.

It most definitely does go by how much the cruise cost, you need to get more quotes before booking a cruise with other travel agencies.

From what I’ve read here, only OBC from RCI shows up on your Cruise Planner. My last cruise had $0, and this one shows $300 on one cabin and $100 on the other. Last one cost us $3800, and upcoming about $4300. I highly doubt that OBC is truly based on the amount you spend. Matter of fact, I’ll email my travel agent and ask her. If your scenario were true, then why are you only being offered $100 for a nearly $10,000 booking?

From what I’ve read here, only OBC from RCI shows up on your Cruise Planner. My last cruise had $0, and this one shows $300 on one cabin and $100 on the other. Last one cost us $3800, and upcoming about $4300. I highly doubt that OBC is truly based on the amount you spend. Matter of fact, I’ll email my travel agent and ask her. If your scenario were true, then why are you only being offered $100 for a nearly $10,000 booking?

and that is why I left that travel agency.............................. and why I started this thread. ...............and in my case why I'm questioning RCCL not allowing me to transfer my reservation to another travel agency in this scenario when I'm getting screwed over with the original travel agency i had the reservation with.

and that is why I left that travel agency.............................. and why I started this thread. ...............and in my case why I'm questioning RCCL not allowing me to transfer my reservation to another travel agency in this scenario when I'm getting screwed over with the original travel agency i had the reservation with.

I get that, but that would also disprove your theory of OBC being directly tied to how much you spend. I price shop my reservation nearly every day, and see the OBC offers range from nothing to $200 for a junior suite, and from nothing to $50 for an inside, depending on the particular sale going on. If your theory was indeed accurate, if my OBC for a $4300 booking is sitting at $400, then I would venture a guess that your OBC should be between $900-$950.

I get that, but that would also disprove your theory of OBC being directly tied to how much you spend. I price shop my reservation nearly every day, and see the OBC offers range from nothing to $200 for a junior suite, and from nothing to $50 for an inside, depending on the particular sale going on. If your theory was indeed accurate, if my OBC for a $4300 booking is sitting at $400, then I would venture a guess that your OBC should be between $900-$950.

That is correct and I have received a few quotes in that range..............the issue is I don't want to lose the $ 350 OBC I currently have on the original reservation I made onboard while we were on our last cruise.

..............the issue is I don't want to lose the $ 350 OBC I currently have on the original reservation I made onboard while we were on our last cruise.

Which was 6 months ago: that is the problem.

You would lose your $200 onboard booking credit if you created a new booking #, but couldn’t you get the $150 FCC applied to the new reservation?

That is correct and I have received a few quotes in that range..............the issue is I don't want to lose the $ 350 OBC I currently have on the original reservation I made onboard while we were on our last cruise.

Umm.....OK. So, you currently have $450, and are at a risk of losing $350 by losing your existing booking number. But, have offers for about $900. Unless my math is wrong, you would still end up with a net OBC amount of $550, even after the $350 loss. Guess it’s up to you whether the slight net gain of $100 is worth it, or if you’re going to “cry over spilled milk.” Sounds like you’re going to lose $350 either way, yet it seems like you want another travel agent to feel sorry and reimburse your net loss. RCI extended you an OBC offer for what you currently have booked and made that deal. You are, in effect, reneging on your end of the deal that you made, yet still want RCI to extend the same offer on a new deal....only you am decide how much of a loss is acceptable to you, and if the answer is zero, then you may need to book two vacations to get full use of the OBC funds.

There can come a point when the profit a single customer is providing to a business is just not worth the cost of keeping that customer. To argue that past profits from other bookings should somehow influence this booking demonstrates a lack of business acumen.

I suspect the O.P. has been de-marketed by their T.A.

There can come a point when the profit a single customer is providing to a business is just not worth the cost of keeping that customer. To argue that past profits from other bookings should somehow influence this booking demonstrates a lack of business acumen.

And by the sounds of things, I can only suspect that you may very well be correct.

Your point is not valid, I'm sure I was one of their easiest clients to work for. I would call them up and book a cruise with them and be on the phone less then 10 minutes.

They never have called me and say hey Jim the price of the cruise you have booked went down in price, we are going to adjust the price for you. They didn't do any extra leg work for me.

It was always me just emailing them and say hey please adjust the price of the cruise for me the price went down.....................15 minutes later I would get an email saying it was taken care off.

I was an super easy client for them, don't believe for one minute I have been de-marketed.

I never said anything to the travel agency about how many cruises and business I have given them......I just plainly asked what would be the additional Perks for booking the alaska tour/cruise that was worth $9700 compared to the $ 3000 cruise I had booked......she came back and said I would get an additional $ 100 OBC for being a high end special. I said that's all, if that is all you can do for me please send my reservation back to RCCL. She didn't fight it, she just said she would let her manager know. Next morning the process was underway.

Edited by Jimbo

I have yet to see a travel agent who has the time to continually check for price drops for all of their clients. Not sure how a travel agent had the time to monitor each and every booking they have 24/7 for price drops. I have to let my TA know when I find a price drop, and it’s always been taken care of.

I have yet to see a travel agent who has the time to continually check for price drops for all of their clients. Not sure how a travel agent had the time to monitor each and every booking they have 24/7 for price drops. I have to let my TA know when I find a price drop, and it’s always been taken care of.

I guess you don't have google on your computer then, there are programs out there that can send you an email when a category cabin goes down in price on your ship and sailing date.

Royal Caribbean's policy on transferring an onboard booking to a travel agent is 60 days. You did that and weren't happy with the TA when you wanted to change ship/sail date. You got the reservation back but RIC policy is that it can't be transferred to another TA. Your only option transferring to another ship/sail date is to keep your FCC of $150 and onboard booking OBC. Like others have said you have to weigh your options. Rebooking for more OBC or keeping what you have.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Forums mobile app