Transfering to another Travel Agency, also changing cruise ship and date.

Jimbo

Royal Caribbean's policy on transferring an onboard booking to a travel agent is 60 days. You did that and weren't happy with the TA when you wanted to change ship/sail date. You got the reservation back but RIC policy is that it can't be transferred to another TA. Your only option transferring to another ship/sail date is to keep your FCC of $150 and onboard booking OBC. Like others have said you have to weigh your options. Rebooking for more OBC or keeping what you have.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Forums mobile app

But the issue is the original travel agency is treating me unfairly by only offering $ 100 OBC for the new tour/cruise that I wanted to switch the sailing too. Thus is the reason I took the reservation from them and back into the hands of RCCL.

So I'm asking RCCL to allow me to transfer it again because the travel agency that RCCL allows them to sell their product is not treating me fairly.

If that travel agency had offered me $300OBC or $400 OBC for the new booking I would not even went out to other travel agencies to see what is being offered for this kind of purchase.

What's fair is fair and offering just $ 100 OBC for that package is not right!

Jimbo:)

I had a local TA who was always busy when I called (booked an OS on her advice as a first time cruiser) and when I asked if I could get more than a bottle of wine for a future planned cruise, she told me, 'we give you great service'. So I went somewhere else.

All TAs do not give the same perks. Some give nothing. Listen, I got a bottle of wine and a plate of cookies for booking an OS on EX. Your booking is over 6 months old, you can't move it again. You have to work with those parameters.

I had a local TA who was always busy when I called (booked an OS on her advice as a first time cruiser) and when I asked if I could get more than a bottle of wine for a future planned cruise, she told me, 'we give you great service'. So I went somewhere else.

All TAs do not give the same perks. Some give nothing. Listen, I got a bottle of wine and a plate of cookies for booking an OS on EX. Your booking is over 6 months old, you can't move it again. You have to work with those parameters.

If this was a local TA I would understand that, but this is a huge company.........I have dealt with this company, many, many years and never had a experience like this before, they have been what I would call as fair everytime with their perks. Never an issue until now.

But the issue is the original travel agency is treating me unfairly by only offering $ 100 OBC for the new tour/cruise that I wanted to switch the sailing too. Thus is the reason I took the reservation from them and back into the hands of RCCL.

So I'm asking RCCL to allow me to transfer it again because the travel agency that RCCL allows them to sell their product is not treating me fairly.

If that travel agency had offered me $300OBC or $400 OBC for the new booking I would not even went out to other travel agencies to see what is being offered for this kind of purchase.

If this was a local TA I would understand that, but this is a huge company.........I have dealt with this company, many, many years and never had a experience like this before, they have been what I would call as fair everytime with their perks. Never an issue until now.

Your issue is with the TA....not RCI. RCI's policy is clear. Transfers to a TA need to be made within 60 days of booking. RCI is not going to bend the rules because you don't think the TA was fair to you. Your choices are to cancel and rebook for the higher OBC with a new agent or keep what you have. FCC might be transferable. Have you asked RCI if you could transfer the FCC to a new booking?

I am sure you understand that Royal Caribbean will keep all of your monies if you keep the reservation with them. Say the commission on your trip is $700. If you transfer it to a travel agency, Royal will pay the agency the $700. If you keep it with Royal, they will keep that $700, so it helps their bottom line.

Also, any OBC given to you comes out of the agency's commission. Royal doesn't care what your agency is giving you, that's between you and the agency. They have no opinion on whether or not you are being treated "unfairly". All they know is that their rules say you cannot transfer to an agent after the reservation has been live for 6 months.

I am sure we have all lost OBC when transferring ship and or sail date. Comes with the territory.

I have yet to see a travel agent who has the time to continually check for price drops for all of their clients. Not sure how a travel agent had the time to monitor each and every booking they have 24/7 for price drops. I have to let my TA know when I find a price drop, and it’s always been taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, many TAs have systems in place that automatically check for price drops on all cruises 24/7. In addition to that, if I see a sale come up that is truly better than those I've seen in the recent past, I will go in and manually check all of my bookings just to be sure I don't miss a price drop. IMHO, that is just part of the value of using a good TA. You shouldn't have to waste your own time doing these things, or request the best possible prices at the highest level of service. The whole point of using a TA should be to save you time and money.

As for those suggesting the OP has been "de-marketed." I would almost guarantee it.

Actually, many TAs have systems in place that automatically check for price drops on all cruises 24/7. In addition to that, if I see a sale come up that is truly better than those I've seen in the recent past, I will go in and manually check all of my bookings just to be sure I don't miss a price drop. IMHO, that is just part of the value of using a good TA. You shouldn't have to waste your own time doing these things, or request the best possible prices at the highest level of service. The whole point of using a TA should be to save you time and money.

As for those suggesting the OP has been "de-marketed." I would almost guarantee it.

Makes sense that TA’s would have something like that, but didn’t know for sure. I manually check my booking every day or every other day. It only takes me a few minutes to do, and is enjoyable at the same time.

My bet is there is a TA who is happy to have 'lost' a high maintenance customer.
So when did start being high maintenance to ask your agent to reprice a reservation when changing ship and sailing date? Is that asking to much of your agent? Isn't that their job and what you are paying them for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So when did start being high maintenance to ask your agent to reprice a reservation when changing ship and sailing date? Is that asking to much of your agent? Isn't that their job and what you are paying them for.

I hadn't contacted the agent in 8 months. So you are all saying I asked her to many questions and tired her out...Wow!

So they are going to give up a commission on a $ 9,700 tour/cruise package..just for spite, for watching me lose $ 350 OBC...... and that credit was isn't given to me by that cruise agency? It was from RCCL and Celebrity.

So you are saying it makes sense for them to just let me walk away and spend my $ 9700 at some other agency?

Now they aren't getting any commission from me.

Sometimes we (travel agents) do terminate our annoying clients. The commissions aren't worth the migraines for some of you. Just saying.

Sometimes we (travel agents) do terminate our annoying clients. The commissions aren't worth the migraines for some of you. Just saying.
What's annoying about asking to reprice a cruise? Let me know so I know how to ask better?

What's annoying about asking to reprice a cruise? Let me know so I know how to ask better?

From what you've said it wasn't about asking to re-price or change a cruise. It was that you weren't happy with what they offered you in OBC if you made the change.

From what you've said it wasn't about asking to re-price or change a cruise. It was that you weren't happy with what they offered you in OBC if you made the change.

Her offer of $ 100 OBC for a $9700.00 booking was an insult! Would you have booked with that company? If so let me know so I can book all your cruises for you? I could make a nice living booking cruises like that...........with all that commission $$$$$.

The only client I ever terminated used lots of crude language, lots of sexual innuendo.

I would agree with that, I wouldn't blame the agent if that was the case here. But that wasn't the issue.

The agent just works for the company, she doesn't own it, she is just giving out what the owners of the business tell her to give. It's not her fault.

Her offer of $ 100 OBC for a $9700.00 booking was an insult! Would you have booked with that company? If so let me know so I can book all your cruises for you? I could make a nice living booking cruises like that...........with all that commission $$$$$.

I think you are missing the point that they don't have to offer you anything. You are past 60 days and have no leverage. People keep telling you this but you don't want to accept it.

I think you are missing the point that they don't have to offer you anything. You are past 60 days and have no leverage. People keep telling you this but you don't want to accept it.

Oh that's a great way to keep customers. Treating customers like that will put you out of business pretty quick. No leverage so lets screw you! Nice!

I understand that you were upset with the offer. I would be too but your options were limited at that point. At this point you need to move on and consider it a lesson learned.