Transfering to another Travel Agency, also changing cruise ship and date.

Jimbo

I was able to get into a group rate on a Brilliance cruise out of Boston in an Owner's Suite.  Of course, that cruise was ultimately cancelled.  My TA explained that getting my refund was a nightmare b/c it had been a group rate AND there had been an FCC applied.  Finally got it all back (and the FCC reissued) but it took a while.

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

At least people might be searching for a question/answer and not opening a new thread.  I give them credit for that. 

M8

He already started a new thread on the Carnival board switching his Carnival cruise to this new TA.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

If I was booking a cruise at this moment, I would definitely go for a cabin with a balcony. I love having fresh air in my cabin.. Also, if you are a smoker, its a great thing for you, you can enjoy your privacy and have a cigarette there. However, I am not sure if its still legal.. 

Smoking is not allowed on balconies on Royal Caribbean. Most cruise lines don't allow it anymore.

3 hours ago, drsel said:

OMG, was this fire because of 1 cigarette?

The occupants of the cabin were smokers and there were combustable materials (towels left out and other materials, plastic chairs) on the balcony. So a smoldering cigarette but was suspected never absolutly proven. The UK investigation said probable. The evidence was circumstantial. Because of the plastics the fire easily spread to other balconies. The immediate response was not to ban smoking on balconies. It was to remove combustable material like plastic chairs and balcony partitions. Banning smoking on balconies happened some years later.

Edited by Charles4515

• 1 year later...

We booked with local AAA agency for RC cruise, we paid in full after day 2 but they offer absolutely not perks at all.. we are seeing lots of agencies offering at least pre-paid gratuities and extras.. we feel cheated out of perks. Are we able to move to another agency - nothing to do really from here on in for AAA.. comments/suggestions? of course we do not want to lose our cabin as well- help!

On 12/26/2020 at 8:04 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Ask around find one that works with a large company thst has access to lots of grouos yet provides the personal service the on line companies don't. 

If only we could find someone matching that description.....

• Like 1