Edge officers, staff shaping up

vtcruising

Just off Reflection. Jose, and Felix (waiters in Luminae) are supposed to go to Edge. Ellyta, asst. waiter, also apparently has been asked to go to Edge.

We've sailed with Jose twice and just adore him! So thrilled he will be on Edge--we will be on the 1 Dec and 15 May sailings!

We've sailed with Jose twice and just adore him! So thrilled he will be on Edge--we will be on the 1 Dec and 15 May sailings!

Echo, Echo. Jose was our wine steward in Luminae in April and I loved him. We eat dinner at the same time every night after the show. I don't like my white wine ice cold and when I told him about that the first night, he took the wine out of the refrigerator every evening an hour before we were due to arrive. I LOVE that extra service.

George

Here is an update from what people have reported. Some positions have had 2 different people reported so I added both names. One may be the opener and another arriving later for vacation coverage or maybe there was a change of plans. We can update this as time goes on. C-Dragons reported that many were transferring to the Edge this month in preparation for the November sailings. :D

enhance

enhance

Here is an update from what people have reported. Some positions have had 2 different people reported so I added both names. One may be the opener and another arriving later for vacation coverage or maybe there was a change of plans. We can update this as time goes on. C-Dragons reported that many were transferring to the Edge this month in preparation for the November sailings. :D

enhance

enhance

Just a little note, for Guest Relations manager, it's Julie Sherrington, not Sheraton. 😊

Thanks! It’s not going to be her, I guess. I just saw a post from someone on The Who’s Onboard thread who spoke to her personally and she wanted to leave the Edge to the younger ones.

I'm not surprised. We had a nice chat with her on our last cruise on Reflection in March. She told us that she had been asked to bring out the the Edge, but she wasn’t sure whether she would accept. Apparently she is one of the most experienced employees in RCI, having brought out more new ships, for both Celebrity and Royal, than anyone else in the company. It’s a lot of hard work to bring out a new ship, which we heard from many other X staff, so I can understand why she would take a pass on this one. 😊

I'm not surprised. We had a nice chat with her on our last cruise on Reflection in March. She told us that she had been asked to bring out the the Edge, but she wasn’t sure whether she would accept. Apparently she is one of the most experienced employees in RCI, having brought out more new ships, for both Celebrity and Royal, than anyone else in the company. It’s a lot of hard work to bring out a new ship, which we heard from many other X staff, so I can understand why she would take a pass on this one. 😊

It makes sense since Arno had entered Sinisa Micetic on his list and he is usually in the know. :D

Since Arno has been on leave from the Who's On Board thread, I tried to put together a chart similar to his for the Edge. Since he is the one who usually seems to be in the know, I won't guarantee this info. I took it from his last spreadsheet from June and added names that people have offered here after talking directly with the people onboard. I added waiters, bartenders and butlers below, since some like to have that info as well. I took the entertainment info from the entertainment announcement. If you hear anything onboard, please let us know. :D

enhance

I will tell you that Bianca (Eclipse) told us in April she was heading to the Edge. She is by far the BEST in Cafe al Bacio. She ran a tight ship and knew everyone. She is friendly, funny and fast. A great addition. She was leaving for vacation at that time and then heading to training for Edge. Can't wait to see her again. We've sailed with both of these Captains and have enjoyed both of them. Celebrity has the friendliest Captains. Looking forward to January.:cool:

I will tell you that Bianca (Eclipse) told us in April she was heading to the Edge. She is by far the BEST in Cafe al Bacio. She ran a tight ship and knew everyone. She is friendly, funny and fast. A great addition. She was leaving for vacation at that time and then heading to training for Edge. Can't wait to see her again. We've sailed with both of these Captains and have enjoyed both of them. Celebrity has the friendliest Captains. Looking forward to January.:cool:

Good to hear! We will look for Bianca in Cafe al Bacio.

I wonder if I will be able to experience both Captains in the next few months. cruisestitch talked earlier in this thread about the Masters Nestoroudis and Kafetzis probably alternating every 3 months or so on the Edge. With Captain Nestroroudis starting Oct 18, 2018 per Arno's chart, it might mean that my Nov-Dec cruises are with Captain Nestroroudis and the Jan 20 cruise with Captain Kafetzis. They both sound wonderful so it doesn't matter to me, but would be interesting to experience both.

Since Arno has been on leave from the Who's On Board thread, I tried to put together a chart similar to his for the Edge. Since he is the one who usually seems to be in the know, I won't guarantee this info. I took it from his last spreadsheet from June and added names that people have offered here after talking directly with the people onboard. I added waiters, bartenders and butlers below, since some like to have that info as well. I took the entertainment info from the entertainment announcement. If you hear anything onboard, please let us know. :D

enhance

Perhaps not a position anyone cares about particularly, but as of yesterday my DD Valentina is now on board.

She's the activities manager, working along side Maarten, the cruise director.

Peter

Perhaps not a position anyone cares about particularly, but as of yesterday my DD Valentina is now on board.

Peter

That's wonderful! You must be so proud! I will add it to the next list.

Are you planning to sail on the Edge?

Peter

Congratulations!

Maarten is fantastic and will be a wonderful mentor to your daughter. 😊

We look forward to meeting her!

Peter

Congrats!

Does this now mean we can go directly to her for special activity request like poolside belly flop contests and the like???

LOL ;p

I look forward to meeting her when we sail...

bon voyage

Peter

That’s wonderful news, Peter! DH and I met Maarten last year. On a 16-night TA, his good spirits and positive attitude never faltered. I would think your Valentina would enjoy working with him. I hope she’ll still be aboard for the TA in April. If so, we’ll look forward to meeting her:)

Cheers,

Michelle

Thanks vtcruising, C-dragons, Bo1953, and Michelle

I am indeed very proud and can't wait to see her when we sail on the December 16 2018 cruise.

She has worked with Maarten before and they've spent the last week or so together in Miami working closely with the HQ Entertainment team. They also flew to the ship together yesterday with the youth manager.

Not sure a belly flop competition was on their list of innovative Edge activities!

Sorry Michelle, but I can't say whether she will still be on board when you sail.

Cheers

Peter

Edited by Esprit
typo

Thanks vtcruising, C-dragons, Bo1953, and Michelle

I am indeed very proud and can't wait to see her when we sail on the December 16 2018 cruise.

She has worked with Maarten before and they've spent the last week or so together in Miami working closely with the HQ Entertainment team. They also flew to the ship together yesterday with the youth manager.

Not saw a belly flop competition was on their list of innovative Edge activities!

Sorry Michelle, but I can't say whether she will still be on board when you sail.

Peter

I hope to meet her on my cruises in November and December. I will be ready to be entertained!! [emoji2]

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, vtcruising said:

Great picture! They must be so excited.

Now all the crew are on board the ship has become excited busy.

In addition to the captain's introduction the cast performed two songs that went very well. It was also announced what would be happening from October 18 to December 16 with a timetable screened on the huge stage back drop.

Valentina hasn't given me her permission to post the picture she sent of it but it does confirm the ship will leave St Nazaire on November 6 and arrive at Freeport Bahamas on November 15 where it will be until November 19.

Lloyd will no doubt get a picture of the timetable I have and post it on CC hopefully soon.

Peter

Thanks for the update onboard! It is fun to follow along with what is happening onboard in these last few weeks before she arrives in FLL. :classic_smile:

I just took this screen shot a few minutes ago of a countdown clock for the Edge arriving in FLL. It looks like it will be Nov 19 at 10 AM. If they are leaving Freeport on the 19th, they must be leaving in the early morning hours to make it there by 10 (or the countdown clock needs to be reset). Hard to believe that it is only a month away! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.137ecaacc72da3ce1e71eb52a1da1e92.png

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Now all the crew are on board the ship has become excited busy.

In addition to the captain's introduction the cast performed two songs that went very well. It was also announced what would be happening from October 18 to December 16 with a timetable screened on the huge stage back drop.

Valentina hasn't given me her permission to post the picture she sent of it but it does confirm the ship will leave St Nazaire on November 6 and arrive at Freeport Bahamas on November 15 where it will be until November 19.

Lloyd will no doubt get a picture of the timetable I have and post it on CC hopefully soon.

Peter

HI Peter -

If by chance Valentina could get some pictures of a Concierge accessible balcony cabin, I would appreciate it.  I'm in one on the Dec 9th cruise, and my cabin mate needs to be a suitcase full of medical supplies, so we were wondering how the cabin is set up.  We were wondering if there was more storage than a regular infinite balcony, where the bed placement is, etc.  Haven't seen any diagrams of the layout or any pics so if she can and has a moment, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ecslady said:

HI Peter -

If by chance Valentina could get some pictures of a Concierge accessible balcony cabin, I would appreciate it.  I'm in one on the Dec 9th cruise, and my cabin mate needs to be a suitcase full of medical supplies, so we were wondering how the cabin is set up.  We were wondering if there was more storage than a regular infinite balcony, where the bed placement is, etc.  Haven't seen any diagrams of the layout or any pics so if she can and has a moment, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks 

i need photos of The accessible sky suite

jc