Cafe Al Bacio ?

monakayk

Are other cocktails serve there also besides coffees? How large of a seating area is there .... are there tables ?

There were a number of tables and combinations of couch/table/chair on Silhouette. Plenty of room most of day and evening except for a few times during the day/evening. I do not think they serve anything other than coffee/tea/water there. Could they have had some Bailey's as an example. Maybe, but we never saw anyone ordering nor did we order under our Premium package. Service was always fast.

Cafe al Bacios offer both take-away service and table service. The to-go service uses paper cups and little waxed paper bags for the goodies while the table service will offers tea pots and china. In addition to lattes and so forth Cafe al Bacios also have specialty coffees with such ingredient as Kahlua, Tia Maria, Baileys and so forth. They also are a wine bar, so offer wines, but a much more limited selection than the Cellar Masters venues. A poster recently posted photos of the Cafe al Bacio menu, so they should be found using the search function.

We have found Cafe al Bacios to be quite busy during sea days, and it can be hard to find a seat certain times.

What are some examples of the desserts they have? Thanks

In the morning Cafe al Bacio will have breakfast pastries, muffins, mini-doughnuts, croissants and similar items. Approximately 11:30 AM they will transition to mini-desserts such as cookies, tarts, brownies, cake squares, mousse and so forth. In the evenings they transition to fancy multi-layer cakes and fancier desserts including a cheesecake offering. There will be gluten-free offerings as well.

For those who like coconut, the coconut layer cake in the evening can be incredible. Apparently it depends on the baking staff onboard as sometimes it is just great. They also do a lovely German chocolate layer cake and a highly decorated carrot cake in addition to other offerings.

In the morning Cafe al Bacio will have breakfast pastries, muffins, mini-doughnuts, croissants and similar items. Approximately 11:30 AM they will transition to mini-desserts such as cookies, tarts, brownies, cake squares, mousse and so forth. In the evenings they transition to fancy multi-layer cakes and fancier desserts including a cheesecake offering. There will be gluten-free offerings as well.

For those who like coconut, the coconut layer cake in the evening can be incredible. Apparently it depends on the baking staff onboard as sometimes it is just great. They also do a lovely German chocolate layer cake and a highly decorated carrot cake in addition to other offerings.

GREAT info!

How late do they stay open ?

GREAT info!

How late do they stay open ?

Cafe al Bacio hours can vary depending sightly if you are on a "late night crowd" type of sailing, but they generally close around midnight. They generally open a little earlier on port days than they do on sea days, but will still be open early in the morning.

I believe I've seen a key lime tart.

My favorite is the cake with all the meringue - I think it's the dulce de leche? I ask for a corner piece to get more meringue.

I don't believe it's been mentioned, but they also have gelato, but at a cost. They have ice cream up on the buffet for free but just letting you know it is available.

Wow, this thread is making me hungry. Lol. Will be on Millie in March and I’m a huge fan of coffee and sweets so I know where I will be a great deal of the time. Coconut cake you say!?OMG my favorite! I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for the info and pictures.