Amazon pop-up?

colesc15

i saw a post about this a few weeks ago and never could find it again. Did the Amazon pop up issue ever find a resolution? My iPhone has been doing it now for a few weeks and it's driving me nuts. It's one of those scam looking pop-ups saying you won a gift card and the only option is to press close and it takes you away from cruise critic and you need to start from the beginning again. I'm on my iPhone x and can't rememebr what the last person who posted was on

Had it happen about a dozen times on my iPad. Had to go into settings and clear history and cookies, then reopen Safari. Seems to have worked.

I’ve done that 2 times at least and works for a little

I’m still having problems too. I cleared my browsing history and made sure all other windows and apps were closed. I got it on Safari and in Google web browser. I also have the iPhone X. I tried a Google search to find a resolution to the problem, but all I could find were articles that said it’s a scam. Well, obviously it’s a scam! I just wish I knew how to stop it. I only have problems when I’m on cruise critic- no other sites.

As it seems to only happen on CC I'd post on the Bugs & Glitches board. If they have infected code on some page that invokes through an opening in apple browsers they need to know to deal with it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1067

Its easy to get scammed with just one errant click. The fraudsters are good at what they do.

As it seems to only happen on CC I'd post on the Bugs & Glitches board. If they have infected code on some page that invokes through an opening in apple browsers they need to know to deal with it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1067

Its easy to get scammed with just one errant click. The fraudsters are good at what they do.

Many of us have posted to multiple threads on that board and still have the issue. Have not seen any response from cruise critic on that forum, have you?

Ok, so other than one reported incident on a Kindle, does this seem to be a Safari targeted issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It seems to be. I never use anything else on my iPhone just because I have everything saved on here.

Ok, so other than one reported incident on a Kindle, does this seem to be a Safari targeted issue?

I have had the issue multiple times on my Kindle and if I remember correctly, someone else posted to one of last week's threads that they had a kindle issue too.

For the record, I’m not an IT guru, so don’t know what can be done, but if we are able to possibly narrow down what browsers and operating systems it’s happening on, maybe someone will have some ideas....

Many of us have posted to multiple threads on that board and still have the issue. Have not seen any response from cruise critic on that forum, have you?

I don't have the issue (no "I" anything for me) so not reported by me but I agree that their response on that board can be pretty poor. I posted a couple of times during the upgrade on not insignificant issue (security) and was ignored, or maybe just no reply. I tried to be patient as they were swamped but gave up. And the problem is now fixed. So I do understand what you are saying.

That said, some did get replies so I made the suggestion to post there that it might help and other than the time it takes to make a post, which would have a been a little longer than a reply to me and less time than all the posts here could not hurt. Glad to read some have tried and sorry that you have not had any help from CC. This Is something they should at the very least reply to.

Never noticed if it was am amazon pop up, but I was getting some 'congratulations you win a prize' type message on my android phone a few days ago. Had to just do 'back' and then try again. Was quite annoying. Didn't notice it the past 2 days.