Royal.......what are you thinking???

goldgirl2

We don't eat the rolls, and wonder what kind of waste is involved with having to toss the baskets of uneaten rolls from every table, every day.

Bread baskets the waiters carry with the tongs, you can refuse the rolls or select what you want, but I can also see where RCI probably feels that waiter's time could be served elsewhere.

Simple to just ask for rolls, and if desired...the ones of your choice. Less waste of food and time.

Bread baskets get recycled, don't kid yourself; I'd prefer they serve it the traditional way.

Seriously though that was my question when we were on Anthem. A bread basket was always brought over but I couldn't tell if it was the same one as the night before.

Do they keep track of 'your' bread basket and just refill what you eat? I find it hard to believe there is a cubby back there that they keep track and store individual tables bread baskets in.

I just find it kind of odd and gross. Who knows if I touched or sneezed on the other three rolls in my basket and they could end up with someone else!:o (n)(n)(n)

We have recently experienced a wide variation in the “assistant waiter” service. Bottom line - we ask for savory bites, cheese rolls, iced tea, coffee, bar service....cheese plates.....and by day 3 the waiters pick up on it.

That is one if the benefits of having traditional dining times.

We were on oasis in Nov and the 1st -2nd night the aw brought the tray round, the 3rd -4th we had a small basket on the table filled with the types we had eaten then the last few nights the hw brought the tray round letting us choose again.

Aw picked up on the fact I always ordered the French onion soup and had cheese rolls to dunk so there was always plenty of them 😁😁

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I still like bread sticks. Just something about them makes me happy. :D

(Hey, I think I just hit 1,000 posts. And it was about Bread Sticks!!!!)

Did you get bread sticks on Royal Caribbean? I know they offer them on Celebrity, but I haven't seen it on Royal Caribbean.

Just sailed Oasis and then Majesty. We had our own small basket every night on Oasis. The variety changed nightly. Not every variety is available every night. I looked at other tables around us and they also had the same size basket. Larger tables had multiple baskets. Sailed Majesty the day after Oasis and they came around with the large basket and large variety and served everyone at the table.

M

We got off Freedom last Sun. We had a variety of rolls each night in a basket on our table. It was refilled as necessary. My wife is a huge fan of the poppyseed savory bites. She asked and every night they were included. Just ask for what you want and you might just get it.

We got off Freedom last Sun. We had a variety of rolls each night in a basket on our table. It was refilled as necessary. My wife is a huge fan of the poppyseed savory bites. She asked and every night they were included. Just ask for what you want and you might just get it.

How was the food and service. I have been reading a lot of negative comments about the Freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums