Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Is anyone able to let me know if I can purchase a week pass to Galaxy Pavilion and if I can share this pass with my kids, without any issues?

I'm thinking of purchasing a week pass and allowing the kids to share if that's possible?

I called up NCL Australia and they said it should be OK, she said it's quite expensive and understandable and they should allow it,  although she didnt know and I would need to call up NCL USA or wait to I get on the ship.  I also asked how the pass system works,   ie.  a wrist band, key card, or is there a  photo linked / Date or birth to your account and she couldnt answer this either.  So I'm still not sure if a week pass is interchangeable between family members?

I hope the lack of customer phone staff knowledge and general ability to assist doesnt extend to the crew.

Thanks

You can definitely purchase a week pass, but don't know if you can share it with your kids. We did an hourly pass and then you swipe your cabin card on each "ride" or "game." It seems you'd be able to share it on the game ones, but I'm not sure if the ones that have staff manning them would allow it. 

The crew was very knowledgeable once on board. I'm sure it's just that it's a new ship. 

5 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Does anyone have pics of the main dining room dinner menus? I’ve searched and can’t find anything. 

The following link has 7 MDR menus. NCL has 14 menus which the executive chef picks from. So you will see some, but not all of the menus in this link. 

On 12/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, Kfamilycruise said:

We just got off the ship and had an amazing time. The food and entertainment was phenomenal. Customer service was really really good. As others have said, if you have an issue, go and talk to someone about it. I had two issues and they made them right immediately both times. Seriously fantastic. We were in a mini suite and really enjoyed the bigger bathroom. 

We had an issue within the first few hours on the ship. Our shower was not draining and after about a few

minutes it looked like the 4 inch or so basin was going to overflow. Even turning off the water nothing was going

down. They had it fixed within 20-30 minutes. I was impressed.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:10 PM, kenns said:

we are on the 4 day Encore to Bermuda cruise in April with port time of 8am to 5pm. What time is all aboard, 4 or 4:30pm?

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

4:30

thank you!

On 1/7/2020 at 11:41 AM, dread_pirate said:

Does anyone know if the solo lounge has the cappuccino machine like the Breakaway? Thanks.

Already confirmed as a yes, but I thought I'd add that there are photos and a video of the Studio Lounge in my trip report:

20 hours ago, CUontheC said:

First time platinum on Encore in May.  What are my platinum dining choices.  Thank you.

Don’t forget to go to cruise next on embarkation day to sign up for the behind-the-scenes tour. 

3900FEB9-2C88-45B4-8BB0-13B4FF68D28D.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, destiny217 said:

Complimentary dinner for two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine (one per stateroom), and a complimentary dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina (one per stateroom)

On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Thank you so much.  I was wondering what they were replacing Moderna/La Cucina with.  I have been to Los Lobos on the Dawn and it was really good.  I also was at the Q on the Bliss.  I like both but think I will do Los Lobos on the Encore.  By chance have you tried Onda?  I was thinking about making that one of my dining choices too.  With the two extra it will give me 5.  I will be at 120 days in 2 days so want to get the dinner dates and times in.

Have a wonderful evening!

Mary

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t forget to go to cruise next on embarkation day to sign up for the behind-the-scenes tour. 

3900FEB9-2C88-45B4-8BB0-13B4FF68D28D.jpeg

Thank you for the reminder.  I need to totally remember to go there on the embarkation day.  My husband is also platinum and we both are looking forward to the ship tour.  

I see you noted that it was La Cucina and Moderno.  Another cruiser posted that it would be Q and Los Lobos since the other two are not on the Encore.  I am excited to try Los Lobos for an entire meal.  Went to it on the Dawn but just had some appetizers and guacamole.   Did you try Onda?  If so did you like it?  If you were deciding on Onda vs Teppanyaki what would you pick?  

33 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

Thank you for the reminder.  I need to totally remember to go there on the embarkation day.  My husband is also platinum and we both are looking forward to the ship tour.  

I see you noted that it was La Cucina and Moderno.  Another cruiser posted that it would be Q and Los Lobos since the other two are not on the Encore.  I am excited to try Los Lobos for an entire meal.  Went to it on the Dawn but just had some appetizers and guacamole.   Did you try Onda?  If so did you like it?  If you were deciding on Onda vs Teppanyaki what would you pick?  

The info on NCL website states that it is Q and Los Lobos.  And we had made reservations at LL to use our voucher.  BUT, while we were waiting for our dinner reservation at ONDA (a night earlier) we saw them accepting the vouchers for LaCuchina there....SO we ran and got our Voucher, and used it at ONDA.....It may have been a mistake on the hostess' part, but we took advantage. 2 in our party of 4 had the dinning plan.  The voucher doesn't allow as many items for dinner, but the dinning plan allowed us to order A LOT.  so, we added a pizza and 2 pastas to share for our table of 4.    The food at ONDA was good (but, Our table location SUCKED, so the atmosphere wasnt that great).  But, I think our family would vote for Teppenyaki over ONDA if they had to pick just one. we sailed on 12/8/19

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CUontheC said:

Thank you so much.  I was wondering what they were replacing Moderna/La Cucina with.  I have been to Los Lobos on the Dawn and it was really good.  I also was at the Q on the Bliss.  I like both but think I will do Los Lobos on the Encore.  By chance have you tried Onda?  I was thinking about making that one of my dining choices too.  With the two extra it will give me 5.  I will be at 120 days in 2 days so want to get the dinner dates and times in.

Have a wonderful evening!

Mary

Most definitely go to Onda... One of, if not the best meal on the ship in my opinion...

• Like 4