Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

On 1/5/2019 at 12:05 AM, TheDougOut said:

How do you know the “free” part?  I only ask because the cost is currently in writing.

D2A22E7E-AE7D-499B-8C69-2ED146B2EE61.jpeg

Looking at the escape where they have been moved into the main theater. It looks like there will be charge for the show. The only reason I can think of is the beer they serve. I am stilling forward to it. I will be see the original cast for the 3rd time in March here in Charlotte and paid way more than $16. 

2 minutes ago, K922 said:

Looking at the escape where they have been moved into the main theater. It looks like there will be charge for the show. The only reason I can think of is the beer they serve. I am stilling forward to it. I will be see the original cast for the 3rd time in March here in Charlotte and paid way more than $16. 

It’s been reported that the Escape no longer has a charge for Choir of Man now that it’s been moved to the main theater.

1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

It’s been reported that the Escape no longer has a charge for Choir of Man now that it’s been moved to the main theater.

That’s awesome news. Thanks for the update.  

One of the highlights in an Everything.. thread is the aft balcony post. Well, here's a sneak preview!

708 is the hull number for Encore, the other numbers are identifiers for the correct place of this block (somewhere aft yes :classic_biggrin:).

And I think it's quite in view of the visitor's gallery so stay tuned...

Screenshot.png

• Like 1

Just got a notification from NCL and my TA that the 11/17 sailing has been canceled. Anyone have any additional info? I figured it would be here, but nothing yet. Somewhat frustrating to say the least. I assume it's due to construction delays?! 

6 minutes ago, novanoto said:

Just got a notification from NCL and my TA that the 11/17 sailing has been canceled. Anyone have any additional info? I figured it would be here, but nothing yet. Somewhat frustrating to say the least. I assume it's due to construction delays?! 

No known construction days.  They shortened the transatlantic and cancelled  your sailing to make way for additional industry/preview sailings.  Same thing they did with Joy a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

No known construction days.  They shortened the transatlantic and cancelled  your sailing to make way for additional industry/preview sailings.  Same thing they did with Joy a few weeks ago.

Yea, just saw in the TA thread. Frustrating to say the very least, as there's nothing the customer can do about it and NCL just continues about their merry way. Thanks Doug. 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:39 AM, novanoto said:

It is the exact same thing as the Joy. They shortened the transatlantic ending in New York so they can host some parties and non-revenue travel agent and media cruises before coming to Miami. “Extending the inaugural events” is the official language. 

2 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

wish they had made options for one or two more away ships at meyer until 2023. I like the Away ships and would like if NCL built 1-2 more without race track.     so long time to wait for the next new ship in 2023.

Based on the activity (things-to-do) trends on Joy through Encore, I’m a bit relieved they have a few years off to think through their next step.  IMO, they’re in desperate need of reinvention. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Based on the activity (things-to-do) trends on Joy through Encore, I’m a bit relieved they have a few years off to think through their next step.  IMO, they’re in desperate need of reinvention. 

I agree 100%.  IMHO the Breakaway class ships (not away-PLUS) were an over-reaction to Epic.  They were not ground breaking by any means.  I found them almost boring and so crammed compared to Epic.  Yes, the away class has the waterfront which is really great but that's about it.  I love the new observation lounge on the Bliss/Encore.  However, I agree with you that NCL needs reinvention for new ships.  The Haven area is sunk below decks with the pool or lounge having no ocean views. Other lines premium area decks have pools looking out on the ocean.  All the new NCL ships are way too similar IMHO.

First I read somewhere that Spice H2O was being eliminated from Encore due to the race track, laser tag and whatever else is being built up top and aft.

Now I've read another article online stating that there will be a smaller Spice H2O area built elsewhere, maybe midship.

Any news on this?

7 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

First I read somewhere that Spice H2O was being eliminated from Encore due to the race track, laser tag and whatever else is being built up top and aft.

Now I've read another article online stating that there will be a smaller Spice H2O area built elsewhere, maybe midship.

Any news on this?

It’s all in this thread if you're curious and want to go back and read.  Old Spice location is Laser Tag and the area outside of Vibe & the upper sundeck remains “to come” on the deck plans.

736EDA4E-6E10-4A17-8495-01C3A12A4E32.jpeg

16FB0E15-86A4-41DE-8A09-806EF61CB7EF.jpeg