Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

So I finally did it. . . . I’m sad to say that I just cancelled our Christmas 2019 sailing on the Encore.

There was a really good chance that my husband would not be able to get Christmas off from work. When we sailed the inaugural Bliss to Alaska, our son was not interested in doing anything and mostly just stayed in the cabin while onboard. Didn't want to spend that kind of money to have him do the same thing again. And to be honest we already did the whole racetrack/laser tag thing and I wasn’t impressed.

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in September, so we booked the Breakaway for our anniversary cruise. Never sailed Western Caribbean, so we’re looking forward to the new experiences. Hubby is a little bummed that there’s no District Brew House, hopefully he can find a decent IPA onboard.

For all of you who are looking forward to sailing on the Encore, I hope you have an amazing time. I’m sure I’ll be popping in from time to time to read trip reports and see pictures once she sets sail.

Happy cruising!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

I just booked the Encore and looking at MyNCL there is a $15 charge for Choir of Man in the theatre. Is this the current policy for this show on whatever ships it is appearing?

I'm pretty sure it'll be free and in the main theater as it is now on the escape. 

48 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

So it is free on the Escape? Its says "15.95" and book when onboard in MyNCL for Encore. It also says Cavern Club can be reserved which does not sound right either.

free on escape. it was a recent change as of a few weeks ago. the website takes forever to update and it is only updated if actual update it. I remember seeing  a page that said the brat pack had a fee which is very old and outdated

• Like 1

I am getting ready to book the Encore Feb. of 2020 (a Haven 2 bedroom suite). Can't decide between

the 17th or 18th deck. 17th has the garden café under it and 18th has Vibe and other public areas

above it. I heard on the Bliss the 17th deck balconies are larger than the 18th deck in this cabin

category and was wondering if it would be the same.

Edited by Peachypooh

38 minutes ago, wetcoast said:

Having been following Virgin Voyages progress and float out yesterday. A ship that wont carry passengers for another 14 months, i am amazed at Encore looking like this will be cruising in less than 9 months.

Virgin is the exception given that they are a new cruise line.  If they weren't, Scarlet Lady would probably be ready for revenue service within 6 months.  Most ships come together quickly as you can see with Encore.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wetcoast said:

Having been following Virgin Voyages progress and float out yesterday. A ship that wont carry passengers for another 14 months, i am amazed at Encore looking like this will be cruising in less than 9 months.

What helps speed up Encore build is the ship yard, the ship yard already built Encore past sisters ships, they already built a ton of other ships. the ship yard already has the things it needs to quickly build new ships 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, Peachypooh said:

I am getting ready to book the Encore Feb. of 2020 (a Haven 2 bedroom suite). Can't decide between

the 17th or 18th deck. 17th has the garden café under it and 18th has Vibe and other public areas

above it. I heard on the Bliss the 17th deck balconies are larger than the 18th deck in this cabin

category and was wondering if it would be the same.

I am sailing last week in February 2020 and picked deck 17 with the bigger balcony next to the observation lounge.  If you pick deck 18 above me, just don't stomp your feet :classic_tongue:    Just one year away now!!!

57 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I see my cabin from here !!!!!   Coming along nicely.  I know its probably still an illusion but the windows in the horizon lounge still seem more upright than Bliss. 

Horizon Lounge isn’t there yet.  As of the time of the last webcam photo, it was still sitting off to the side...

A7F85662-712C-4741-A936-E0C54D80EC97.jpeg

15 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Look at the photo you posted with Bam.  That's Encore and the Haven area, no?

No... It’s the public observation lounge on Decks 15 & 16 (Garden Cafe) - the area outlined in green.  Haven & horizon lounge sit atop here, and can be seen awaiting placement in the photo with the red circle - the area outlined in red.

43303033-15AD-4D09-B3E3-44B7963900AE.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut

Quick question. Do you think we will have to exit the ship when we come in to New York then reboard?  I’m on that Epic cruise with all the issues. They have said we could stay overnight on the ship.

However, we have had to send our luggage down, exit the ship, pick up our luggage, go through passport control, drop off the luggage with porters then go through security screening and are currently sitting In the terminal with boarding numbers to get back in the ship. 

I don’t  want to have to do this in New York in November.