Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

2 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Vacant deck plans...  It's been a long time since I prepped for my Escape Transatlantic by checking for updates daily, so maybe I am wrong, but it seems we had a lot more info by now.  Am I crazy? The anticipation is killing me.

Here’s when things fell into place for the Bliss:

12 months: entertainment lineup announced  

11 months: keel-laying ceremony

8 months: ship features announced 

5 months: godfather named

So yeah, we should have had the ship features by now.  I suspect Joy is disrupting things... and NCL is trying to time things in order to hype both debuts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Vacant deck plans...  It's been a long time since I prepped for my Escape Transatlantic by checking for updates daily, so maybe I am wrong, but it seems we had a lot more info by now.  Am I crazy? The anticipation is killing me.

LOL, I've been thinking the same thing.... But, I did just see that they added an actual ShoreX, that wasn't just in Miami.... I'm thinking of booking it just because I can...lol. 🚢

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, Beardface said:

It'll be my first on NCL since I went on the Dreamward way back in 1996 as a kid.  Can't wait!

Our first NCL cruise was the Skyward back in 1983.  WOW have ships changed from then.

On 3/25/2019 at 4:50 PM, bjtravelnews said:

Looked ahead to Bermuda for 2020.  Looks like the Encore will be doing the NY-Bermuda cruises starting in April 2020.  Ship looks amazing!

Also doing Bermuda May 3 2020, we are already planning, Steph

Booked for Dec.  I've found myself checking this thread almost daily!!!  Should we expect anything special like a booklet or shopping/gift bag since we're sailing in the inaugural year?  I only ask because a fellow Cruise Critic member had posted several years ago about the Breakaway and one of the photos had some extras. ???

Thanks and keep the construction photos coming!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier1439 said:

Should we expect anything special like a booklet or shopping/gift bag since we're sailing in the inaugural year? 

Not sure if they do it for all sailings during the inaugural year, but on the Bliss transatlantic they had art shows and a sale on watches one day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jcombs003 said:

Wait... A sale on watches?!?  Doug, did you buy one for each wrist? Might be time to update the pic in front of the "home" sign to show them off... 

My watch-budget is invested in the Heidi Fund.  

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Keep and eye on TheDougOut. 

He will know stuff before anyone else.  NCL watches and admires all his comments.

I think they will email him when stuff happens so he can tell the rest of us.  

I think you’re confusing me with @motleyfan

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've taken the plunge and booked the Encore - heads up it is a loooong way away - March 2021 Panama Canal out of Miami- for many reasons mostly because we want the 'kids' to come with us - our 'kids' will be 21 and 23 when we sail , we are from the UK and our youngest did not want to have issues with her drinking alcohol so we have to wait till she is 21- was going to book the Haven cos the balcony was HUGE and Panama Canal is a bucket list cruise for the hubby but the kids did not want to be in the same room as us 'sleeping on a sofa bed' ( how rude lol) so have compromised and now we have an aft cabin 9922 with the kids across the hall in an inside ( I know, I know) thing is we said they have to pay for themselves ( what they don't know is that we are actually going to pay for it all and give them all their money back once onboard) so my question does anyone know what the blacony will be like on deck 9 - standard I assume, but will hubby still enjoy all he wants to from a small balcony?  Any inside info you have will be welcome - Thanks!

24 minutes ago, MrsTabs said:

so my question does anyone know what the blacony will be like on deck 9 - standard I assume, but will hubby still enjoy all he wants to from a small balcony?  Any inside info you have will be welcome - Thanks!

The aft-facing balcony on deck 9 is deeper than standard side balconies. There is plenty of room for 2 loungers. Balcony widths vary in deck 9 B1s (yours in neither the widest nor the narrowest) and the bed is near the closet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

Anyone else think it’s strange that the top deck has the rail missing where Spice’s stage used to be, which isn’t present in the Encore’s laser tag arena?

491BD3FC-4A01-48E3-AAF0-C654860A370C.jpeg

Any chance spice will be moved to some other location or is it just gone? 

4 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Anyone else think it’s strange that the top deck has the rail missing where Spice’s stage used to be, which isn’t present in the Encore’s laser tag arena?

491BD3FC-4A01-48E3-AAF0-C654860A370C.jpeg

Probably because of the weld, notice there’s primer too. Were two smaller blocks from the smaller hall I think?