Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Clarence, the Chocolate Cowboy, has already confirmed he will be on the Encore for the transatlantic.  He even told me which pin he wants.  Bong says he's scheduled to be on there too. However, he was hoping to be on the Joy so who knows, he may get his wish and not have to open the Encore. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

Clarence, the Chocolate Cowboy, has already confirmed he will be on the Encore for the transatlantic.  He even told me which pin he wants.  Bong says he's scheduled to be on there too. However, he was hoping to be on the Joy so who knows, he may get his wish and not have to open the Encore. 

Thank you. This is fantastic news! I sure hope that Adrian, Chocolate Cowboy and Bong are on Encore July 2020. Last I saw Bong he was the bartender in Haven on Escape and before that he was in Mojito Bar. I grow mint in my yard for the sole purpose of mojitos and he always made mine perfectly and showed me different ways to make. Hope he is in the Haven. 

Love seeing the progress of the ship! Thank you for posting the pictures!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:51 PM, js said:

Thank you. This is fantastic news! I sure hope that Adrian, Chocolate Cowboy and Bong are on Encore July 2020. Last I saw Bong he was the bartender in Haven on Escape and before that he was in Mojito Bar. I grow mint in my yard for the sole purpose of mojitos and he always made mine perfectly and showed me different ways to make. Hope he is in the Haven. 

Love seeing the progress of the ship! Thank you for posting the pictures!

We were on the Escape in April and Adrian confirmed he'd be opening the Encore.  We are booked for May of 2020 in the Haven and he counted on his fingers and said he'd still be there in May.  :)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, Jetsterkitty said:

We were on the Escape in April and Adrian confirmed he'd be opening the Encore.  We are booked for May of 2020 in the Haven and he counted on his fingers and said he'd still be there in May.  🙂

Wow, thanks for posting and THAT is so good to know.

I always heard great things about Adrian and even though the bar was set high, he exceeded expectations.  He truly is the gold standard of concierges.  

17 hours ago, david_sobe said:

She looks so good with that paint job.  I suppose it should be any day now we get official NCL Encore updates about what is on board.

I've been supposin' that for many, many days. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excited what they do with h2o. One think what I thought at the getaway these days. If there are a band playing or loud games you will here the noise at the new h2o place. At h2o at the old place you don‘t here the Noise from the pooldeck. 

25 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Excited what they do with h2o. One think what I thought at the getaway these days. If there are a band playing or loud games you will here the noise at the new h2o place. At h2o at the old place you don‘t here the Noise from the pooldeck. 

I'm curious on what they will do with it and how it will be styled.  Assuming its Deck 20 like the Laser Tag on the Bliss, they can't leave it plain Jane like the Sun Deck on previous ships, they'll have to do something up there with some kind of cooling off feature.  That is, unless they are planning to completely scrap Spice, which in my opinion, would be a big mistake.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, racefan1965 said:

i am hoping they do not do away with Spice H2O or Vibe Beach.. they are the best part of the cruise IMO. I will be very disappointed as I'm sure others will be too

Is it possible that Spice H20 will be eliminated and that Vibe will become much larger so that they can sell more passes?

1 minute ago, ks said:

Is it possible that Spice H20 will be eliminated and that Vibe will become much larger so that they can sell more passes?

I'd rather see it the other way around..  Get rid of Vibe and open that deck space back up to the general public as an expanded adults only Spice H2O during the day and the more party like atmosphere at night to everyone.

Anything is possible, really.

I've also noticed they blocked off additional room (i.e. level with the entrance of Vibe) for the Haven sun deck on the Joy, and wouldn't be surprised if they do the same on the Encore.  If they do that, and then expand Vibe to Deck 20, they would be effectively relegating all normal passengers to the pool area if they want to enjoy the sun.  That.... would make an already cramped area practically unbearable.

7 minutes ago, ks said:

They did greatly expand Vibe on the Getaway last month.

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

They did greatly expand Vibe on the Getaway last month.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for posting. I bet they do this on Encore so FDR can maximize revenue and sell more passes. Like others, I'd be willing to bet that the "former laser tag area" becomes a much smaller Spice H20 with a  tiny grotto or waterfall type feature...don't think there is enough space for a hot tub, plus it'd likely be too hot and not enough shade anyways...

One thing I'm curious about.

NCL is selling Spa cabins for the Encore, with a description that says the rooms come with complimentary Thermal Suite access.  Which, normally wouldn't concern me, but the Encore has a Galaxy Pavilion in the same location as the Joy, where the one on the Joy completely replaced the Thermal Suites.  So, I wonder if this means the entire spa might be relocated on the Encore, with full Thermal Suite amenities?  Or is NCL currently selling something they know they won't be able to provide.

2 minutes ago, Beardface said:

One thing I'm curious about.

NCL is selling Spa cabins for the Encore, with a description that says the rooms come with complimentary Thermal Suite access.  Which, normally wouldn't concern me, but the Encore has a Galaxy Pavilion in the same location as the Joy, where the one on the Joy completely replaced the Thermal Suites.  So, I wonder if this means the entire spa might be relocated on the Encore, with full Thermal Suite amenities?  Or is NCL currently selling something they know they won't be able to provide.

Spa Thermal Suite will be the aft area of Deck 16 most likely as the Spa Rooms are all located on Deck 15 Aft.

The Galaxy Pavillion is on Deck 17 with Laser Tag on Deck 18.  There's an extra area of deck space on Encore that Joy does not have...  Joy has GP on 16 I believe...

Edited by rtkenmore

Just now, rtkenmore said:

Spa Thermal Suite will be the aft area of Deck 16 most likely as the Spa Rooms are all located on Deck 15 Aft.

Very nice.

My wife will be very happy to know they are back for the Encore.  She's really looking forward to it on our sailing.

17 minutes ago, kenns said:

Thanks for posting. I bet they do this on Encore so FDR can maximize revenue and sell more passes. Like others, I'd be willing to bet that the "former laser tag area" becomes a much smaller Spice H20 with a  tiny grotto or waterfall type feature...don't think there is enough space for a hot tub, plus it'd likely be too hot and not enough shade anyways...

The more I think about it, I don't know if they can.  On the Getaway, its different, they have the Sun Deck, the Pool Deck, and Spice H2O for the general public, so they can afford to wall off the front of the ship for premium guests.  On the Encore, because of the Go Karts and massive Laser Tag taking up the back third of the ship, if you wall off the front third, you're only leaving 1/3 of the overall space for the general public.  Which, I can't imagine anyone would be willing to put up with.