Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am actually curious what the plan is for Virgin Voyages now that sailing to Cuba isn't an option and that was ALL of their currently planned itineraries....

I just looked at their website and it appears they have replaced Cuba with either Cozumel or Costa Maya on all their cruises.

Wow, I can't imagine this will be a very popular design for those of us that don't have the "extra" cash or Latitudes level to be able to get a chance at the Vibe passes. We sailed the Bliss in February and the pool deck, hot tubs, and Spice were packed on sea days. With this plan it is going to be CRAZY full of people fighting for space. At least with Bliss we had the bar and one hot tub adjacent to Vibe that was public, plus a small area outside the laser tag area that overlooked the pool deck that had a bench to catch some sun. It's a good thing I have until October to finalize my booking as it may not happen seeing this layout. Terrible for us "less than affluent" cruisers.

Does anyone think it's possible that NCL might reduce the cost of the Vibe pass, given that ~1/2 of the available deck space is dedicated to Vibe and/or Haven? I think the latest price $200pp or so? 

If they don't, or not a lot of people shell out the extra ~$200pp, then it's going to be a mad house and people will literally be on top of one another...

3 minutes ago, kenns said:

Does anyone think it's possible that NCL might reduce the cost of the Vibe pass, given that ~1/2 of the available deck space is dedicated to Vibe and/or Haven? I think the latest price $200pp or so? 

If they don't, or not a lot of people shell out the extra ~$200pp, then it's going to be a mad house and people will literally be on top of one another...

they make they price as high as they can sell them. But even if you want to buy one it is not sure that you get one.

2 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

they make they price as high as they can sell them. But even if you want to buy one it is not sure that you get one.

right...maybe they will allow you to purchase a Vibe pass online, ahead of time? I'm actually shocked they don't already, given that you can reserve/purchase nearly everything else ahead of time

Does NCL realize that every other cruise line offers a free adults-only area? This seems to be another money grab...

If I look at my reservation a lot of the specialty restaurants that were just uploaded

say "reservations not offered".  How is that going to

work if everyone wants to try out the new places at the same time??Maybe a software

glitch? Hope so.

I suppose it all makes sense.  They already stripped out all the things kids might want to do and replaced them with gimmicks behind admission-gates.  The only thing left to go after was the adult-space.  The thing is a tacky floating ticket booth. 

The fact that this is NCL’s “encore” to the BA/BA+ fleet, I’m not real optimistic with what they’ll come up with for Leonardo.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

If I look at my reservation a lot of the specialty restaurants that were just uploaded

work if everyone wants to try out the new places at the same time??Maybe a software

glitch? Hope so.

I'm guessing a glitch until they getting everything uploaded into the system.  Cagney's has never been "book on board" and it's labeled as that right now.

• Like 1

Very disappointing to say the least when the typical expectation is for new to be better or at least an improvement based on the short comings of past vessels, i.e. consistent complaints of over crowded public pool/outdoor deck areas. Appears this one is going backwards but it all comes down to dollars that can be sucked out of cruisers.

Maybe we're just all getting old... remembering the good old days of a quiet-zone totally free open sundeck at the front of the Jewels etc. Younger cruisers will jump on Encore for the first time and know no better as they breathe a sign of relief that the ship isn't full of those grumpy old people... 😃 

Then they'll look up at the Haven and say "I wanna be up there"... and NCL will have succeeded in its cunning plan.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

glitch? Hope so.

Reservations do not open until 120 days before sailing.  Until that time, the reservation placeholders hold little significance.  They are supposed to show "Too early to book" but in practice can show pretty much anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

I suppose it all makes sense.  They already stripped out all the things kids might want to do and replaced them with gimmicks behind admission-gates.  The only thing left to go after was the adult-space.  The thing is a tacky floating ticket booth. 

The fact that this is NCL’s “encore” to the BA/BA+ fleet, I’m not real optimistic with what they’ll come up with for Leonardo.

Truly surprising....with lots of industry focus on Adult Only cruises (see Virgin) NCL has turned its attention to family friendly cruises with lots of additional costs.  As a parent, I know how hard it is to control your child's desire to play the games, drive the go karts, try all the Virtual Reality;  if you can afford it, you fork it over to the kid and tell em to have a good time.  However, since I never really grew up, Vibe is my "go kart" experience....I have no issue paying extra for that little bit of privacy and service level.  Now, we're looking at tripling the normal Vibe size, removing the Spice H2O option, and seeing how that works.  I'll still get to port ridiculously early, run for the passes, and enjoy the Vibe experience.  But it will definitely be different, and I'm not sure if it will retain its exclusivity and charm.  

On 6/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, TheDougOut said:

Is that extension beneath the jacuzzi temporary?  Seems odd.  

353F0640-9FE7-4DAD-9FC4-A7BE6B3FFB4E.jpeg

Think I found your answer to this one... 

"Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with incredible ocean views, hot tubs that extend over the side of the ship, "

4 hours ago, Beardface said:

I'm already booked a year out, and at least its going to be in Bermuda for most of the week, so it shouldn't be too terribly crowded.

But for at-sea days, this is downright awful.  4,000 passengers, and you're going to only reserve 1/3 of the top decks for them to use?  And its not like the rest of the activities on the ship can be utilized all that well, where only a few dozen people can be using the Go Karts and Laser tag combined.  And then inside, you have places like the Galaxy Pavilion with timed passes to significantly reduce capacity, and you're further taking away options.

I have a feeling this ship is going to be crowded unlike anything we've seen.

Not only 1/3  - the public deck has the running track going all the way around - so even less chair space - unlike breakaway class. 

Pretty soon, going to cost as much in added expenses after you board the ship, as it costs to book a room to get on the ship.  This rendition has to be inaccurate (I hope).  Looks like way less than 1/3 for the "free" guests.  

Even if they cram 500 people in Vibe/Haven (which is probably a super inflated number), still talking only 25% of the passengers.  How do you give the other 75% so little real estate outside on the pool deck?  

Edited by MrMike45