Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

On 6/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, Sup_Devil said:

Those of you in the know with the Encore... What deck would you choose if you were in a H6 aft suite? Isn't there a deck with a better balcony and better location? 

I would imagine deck 9 will be the deepest like Bliss. We were on deck 9 Haven H6 on Bliss and it was massive, we loved it.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, Peachypooh said:

Now I know why at every officer question and answer session someone asks why the ship doesn't

tip over LOL. It sure is tall. Usually the answer from the officers is "we put the heavy stuff on the

bottom" which according to people in the know is actually true.

On 6/4/2019 at 5:51 PM, rtkenmore said:

I mean, quite literally, they do put the heavy stuff on the bottom.  That's where the engines are and they weigh thousands of tons and tons...

When people use the "...it's so top heavy.....one wave and it will tip over..." nonsense,  I just point them to a quote from someone who knows more than most people....

Quote from Mark Staunton-Lambert, (technical director of the London-based Royal Institution of Naval Architects)...

"All the heavy stuff – the engines, water ballast tanks and fuel oil – are kept low in the hull, and the tall accommodation blocks above are largely empty space peppered with much lighter contents: people and furniture...These cruise ships may seem high,” says Staunton-Lambert. “But the trick is to ensure that the weight distribution is correct, focusing on where the center of gravity is.”

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, Sup_Devil said:

Those of you in the know with the Encore... What deck would you choose if you were in a H6 aft suite? Isn't there a deck with a better balcony and better location? 

Encore matches the other 3 ships in the class for Aft-facing balcony size and stateroom configuration . 

See the following thread...

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cruisestan2 said:

I would imagine deck 9 will be the deepest like Bliss. We were on deck 9 Haven H6 on Bliss and it was massive, we loved it.

Thanks! We booked deck 9 last week! Did you feel too far from the Haven amenities in that cabin?? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

I am still really confused by how deck 10 looks.  On the deck plans it shows a total of 6 cabins, but the way this looks it doesn't look like there are 6 cabins.  Do they still not have all of the dividers in?

From left to right (port to starboard), the H6 (where the worker is), the black square behind the worker (B1), the 2 squares for the M1, 2 more squares for the larger M1 balcony, the square for the B1, then the H6.

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

From left to right (port to starboard), the H6 (where the worker is), the black square behind the worker (B1), the 2 squares for the M1, 2 more squares for the larger M1 balcony, the square for the B1, then the H6.

Thank you.  So there will be another divider there, it just isn't in yet?  Or is it there just doesn't look like it.  lol..

1 hour ago, quillwercruisers said:

Thank you.  So there will be another divider there, it just isn't in yet?  Or is it there just doesn't look like it.  lol..

There are still lots of things missings such as dividers, doors, railings, windows, furniture....plenty of time to get things done. Don't worry.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

61790377_3080077228676925_5868027427829055488_n.jpg

Is it odd that the ship's name font is either slightly different or just larger for ENCORE compared to NORWEGIAN?  Are other ships like this and I've never noticed?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Just Jo said:

Is it odd that the ship's name font is either slightly different or just larger for ENCORE compared to NORWEGIAN?  Are other ships like this and I've never noticed?

ha! I was wondering the same thing! The C in enCore also looks to be a different font than the test of the word, or maybe it's time for an eye exam...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Just Jo said:

The C is very much... off

Compare to the Escape:

norwegian-escape-cruise-202.jpg?quality=

Wonder if NCL has changed their official typeface

• Like 1

thank you Doug

how big is vibe now???

the space behind haven at both sides and the sun deck at 20 too ( what we thougt becomes a new H2O ).

Is Vibe then free and the new H2O or NCL really want all your money 😃

more then 50% of the top deck you can only use with extra dollars, ha ha

Edited by Steff79

Holy Cow!  Look at Vibe! It's on 2 decks! So they've taken away the free adults-only area (Spice H2O) and replaced it with a super enlarged pay adults area. It will give more people an opportunity to get passes, but it totally destroys the intimacy and exclusiveness of the spot. Boo!