Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Hi.

In looking at the Deck Plans for Haven that are on NCL, it looks like 17100 is open and close the the Horizon Lounge.

On MSC Seaside, we had a cabin next door to the lounge was was a fabulous location.

Does anyone have any speculation that we can get into the Lounge from walking out that hallway door directly to the lounge, which looks like it can be done, but not sure I am looking at it correctly? 

Also, we will be with my mom who will not want to walk up the steps to the dining. Where would the elevators be for that (as well as sundeck) from 17100?

Thank you all so much.

Does anyone have any information they may want to add for the cabin locations?
I am booking now 🙂
July 19, 2020, New York to Bermuda, H4, and as of now booking 17100.

Thank you!

There is an elevator located in the Haven Lounge that your mom can use (look for the X on the deck plans).  It comes out right next to the Haven restaurant.  17100 should be a great location for the forward-facing lounge.

7 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

There is an elevator located in the Haven Lounge that your mom can use (look for the X on the deck plans).  It comes out right next to the Haven restaurant.  17100 should be a great location for the forward-facing lounge.

Ohhhh, thank you.

As of right now it is open and just sent to my TA to book and requested that cabin!

Thank you so much!

59 minutes ago, js said:

Ohhhh, thank you.

As of right now it is open and just sent to my TA to book and requested that cabin!

Thank you so much!

I am in 17100 in February so if you get there first, make sure to do a full review.  The balconies are bigger on deck 17.  However if you plan to eat a lot at the Haven restaurant, would it not be better to book deck 18 and just walk to the restaurant every day instead of waiting for the elevator all the time considering your mother's mobility issues?

Edited by david_sobe

28 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I am in 17100 in February so if you get there first, make sure to do a full review.  The balconies are bigger on deck 17.  However if you plan to eat a lot at the Haven restaurant, would it not be better to book deck 18 and just walk to the restaurant every day instead of waiting for the elevator all the time considering your mother's mobility issues?

Hi and thank you.

You will be on first, I'll be July 2020 so can't wait for your full review and wasn't aware of the bigger balconies on Deck 17. The Escape, BA and Getaway H4 balconies are so small, are you saying that Encore should be bigger? That would be wonderful!

We will most certainly be in the Haven restaurant for most of our meals, but would rather have the direct access to the lounge and bar areas. My mom can walk and can walk up the stairs but if she has an option, she will take elevator.  Where will the sundeck be located? Deck 18? I don't like the look of Deck 18 with what may be above the cabins.

So excited! I am going to start reading from page one and hope I can find a rendition of what the Haven area may look like so I can show my family. 

19 minutes ago, js said:

Hi and thank you.

You will be on first, I'll be July 2020 so can't wait for your full review and wasn't aware of the bigger balconies on Deck 17. The Escape, BA and Getaway H4 balconies are so small, are you saying that Encore should be bigger? That would be wonderful!

We will most certainly be in the Haven restaurant for most of our meals, but would rather have the direct access to the lounge and bar areas. My mom can walk and can walk up the stairs but if she has an option, she will take elevator.  Where will the sundeck be located? Deck 18? I don't like the look of Deck 18 with what may be above the cabins.

So excited! I am going to start reading from page one and hope I can find a rendition of what the Haven area may look like so I can show my family. 

Since Encore is a sister ship to Bliss, the Haven should look something like

On 5/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, js said:

Wow! The Dreamward was my first cruise too. I was on her in 1993 when I was pregnant with my daughter who I had in 1994. We were in an inside and I think it was the same deck as some crew. My mom and her dh were in an OV window and we thought they were living the high life lol. They took my dh and me on the cruise. I remember those midnight buffets, especially since I was pregnant LOL

Nice!  There isn't much of that ship that I vividly recall, but I do remember the view off the dining room on the back, which was phenomenal, and the stairway on the outside edge of the ship walking out to that back pool, which was downright terrifying for 12 year old me, haha

On the NCL page, it looks like there is a lounge chair showing on the balcony of the H4, 2 bedroom.

Does anyone know if this will be a real thing?  I hope so.

Thank you.

On 11/28/2018 at 12:45 PM, shof515 said:

The aft open deck looks very weird and strange

3.jpg

this is most likely the laser tag area 😞

Can anyone please tell me what those blue tubes are in this picture?
Thank you!

Wasn't the consensus (I thought on this thread but much earlier) that they're decoration? I think there's a blue kraken with his tentacles extending throughout the laser tag area and this is what we're looking at.

Edited by kayteecat

5 hours ago, kayteecat said:

Wasn't the consensus (I thought on this thread but much earlier) that they're decoration? I think there's a blue kraken with his tentacles extending throughout the laser tag area and this is what we're looking at.

Yes.  Thank you. I just finished reading all 51 pages (did most at work lol) and read that this afternoon. 

Thanks. 

On 5/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, david_sobe said:

Since Encore is a sister ship to Bliss, the Haven should look something like

Thank you. I saw in a picture on NCL website the H4 had a lounger on it. Do you think this may be the case. How do you know about the larger balconies on Deck 17?  I read though this entire thread today and didnt see any mention about larger balconies, but will be happy if that is the case. 

Thank you for the video. It looks a lot like the Escape Haven to me but I havent sailed on the Bliss.  Out of all the NCL ships, Escape is my favorite; however, we really just wanted to be able to drive to the port and not fly next summer so our choices were Encore or Oasis, with an awful itinerary (and we just sailed the Allure).

Will miss HATM but we spent a lot of time at 5 OClock with the Chocolate Cowboy. We ended every night there with the same group of people and he made the night. Is the Chocolate Cowboy still with NCL?  I thought he was going to Alaska but cant remember. 

Edited by js

26 minutes ago, js said:

How do you know about the larger balconies on Deck 17?  

Just like Bliss, the deck 17 Encore balconies are deeper than those on deck 18. This is not the case on Escape.

28 minutes ago, js said:

It looks a lot like the Escape Haven to me but I havent sailed on the Bliss.

There are differences. On Escape, the courtyard has 2 hot-tubs vs. 1 on the newer ships but on the sundeck, Escape has 1 hot-tub vs. 2 on the newer ships. The Bliss/Joy/Encore sundeck is over 2x larger than the sundeck on Escape. The forward-facing lounges of the last 3 Breakaway Plus ships created many changes vs. Escape.

12 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Just like Bliss, the deck 17 Encore balconies are deeper than those on deck 18. This is not the case on Escape.

There are differences. On Escape, the courtyard has 2 hot-tubs vs. 1 on the newer ships but on the sundeck, Escape has 1 hot-tub vs. 2 on the newer ships. The Bliss/Joy/Encore sundeck is over 2x larger than the sundeck on Escape. The forward-facing lounges of the last 3 Breakaway Plus ships created many changes vs. Escape.

Thank you for your helpful answers/posts, I appreciate it.

I'm guessing that the sundecks on the Bliss/Joy/Encore are double the size of Escape since they have more Haven cabins.  Is this the case?  Do people find problems with lounge chairs on the Haven sundecks with the ships larger than the "Away" ships?  We never have had a problem on the Away ships and hoping if there are more Haven cabins, we won't have this issue on Encore.

Thank you so much!

59 minutes ago, js said:

I'm guessing that the sundecks on the Bliss/Joy/Encore are double the size of Escape since they have more Haven cabins.  Is this the case?

No. The newer ships actually have fewer Haven suites than Escape (80 vs 95). Joy, I believe, has 74. 

1 hour ago, js said:

Do people find problems with lounge chairs on the Haven sundecks with the ships larger than the "Away" ships? 

No. The "next to the pool" loungers are just as difficult to get but the loungers on the upper deck under the roof and the loungers on the sundeck (16 years-old and older guests) are plenty. 

23 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No. The newer ships actually have fewer Haven suites than Escape (80 vs 95). Joy, I believe, has 74. 

No. The "next to the pool" loungers are just as difficult to get but the loungers on the upper deck under the roof and the loungers on the sundeck (16 years-old and older guests) are plenty. 

Thanks. Wow! That is actually exciting news for me! Fewer Haven cabins, or even the same with extra Haven space is wonderful news! We like the loungers on the second floor "inside" or on the sundeck under an umbrella.

This is great news!

Thank you again.

Regarding the Hull art....The Pearl has a string of Pearls,The Gem some gems,  The Bliss has an ocean theme, the Breakaway a NY them, etc. To me the Hull art looks like an abstract painting you would see at the Museum of

Modern Art but I was wondering the context behind it.

Edited by Peachypooh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Joy actually has 88 Haven suites due to the additional ones on Deck 15, despite the loss of the 6 Haven Spa suites.  Encore should have the same 80 as Bliss.

4 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Joy actually has 88 Haven suites due to the additional ones on Deck 15, despite the loss of the 6 Haven Spa suites.  Encore should have the same 80 as Bliss.

Got it. Thanks.

I didn't count those. I thought that those were non-Haven concierge suites for some reason.

38 minutes ago, La-Z-Guy said:

Not sure the context. But it's by a Spanish painter.... My guess is long term NCL may be thinking of sending her to Barcelona.

I thought that as well and figured maybe she would replace Epic her first summer but then they announced going to NYC instead.

With Spice H20 not being on the Encore (at least not in the same location/form as found on the previous new ships), where else do you think there will places for shade? In other words, any free/public sundeck space that will have umbrellas? On the Getaway, we were able to find umbrellas (for free) in Spice H20. I saw that the Joy has those overhang things on the upper most deck - the Encore renderings show it'll have these as well.

As some have speculated, maybe Encore will have indeed have Spice in the area on the very top (where Laser Tag is on the Bliss) complete with shade/umbrellas and/or a water feature?

Edited by kenns