Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

6 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

Regarding the Hull art....The Pearl has a string of Pearls,The Gem some gems,  The Bliss has an ocean theme, the Breakaway a NY them, etc. To me the Hull art looks like an abstract painting you would see at the Museum of

Modern Art but I was wondering the context behind it.

Meyer Werft had a bunch of leftover paint they needed to get rid of, so they offered Andy a good deal... I heard a guy threw the buckets of it at the hull and then went home at 4:30 one Friday....  😂

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was at the Meyer Werft. But I was only inside the small hall and not the big with the encore. It is only allowed to take pictures in the visitor area. So I saw encore only  from the visitor area. And the front only from the street because the door was open. But the earlier pic here is better then mine. 

BD380BC2-C78C-40ED-8AF1-A17DFC5093AA.jpeg

2D3FF9B5-B40D-4EE5-8BC2-C8984CF2AE07.jpeg

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

Just booked to sail on her first sailing out of Miami on 24th November... kinda worried about the current lack of info so will be watching this thread for updates. 🙂

Really hoping to see another sun deck area somewhere on the ship to replace Spice H2O... but I guess I'll live if there isn't one.

26 minutes ago, CazV said:

Just booked to sail on her first sailing out of Miami on 24th November... kinda worried about the current lack of info so will be watching this thread for updates. 🙂

Really hoping to see another sun deck area somewhere on the ship to replace Spice H2O... but I guess I'll live if there isn't one.

Its a good guess that since Laser Tag took the place of Spice that the deck where Laser tag is on Bliss would be another sundeck.  But that is just speculation.  It would make sense to make that area the adults only sundeck.  It could turn into something very nice.

She is coming along nicely.  Now that Joy was launched, I hope we get more details soon.  Being a sister ship of Bliss, I was surprised at some of the changes.  So, I am really curious to see what is going to be announced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CazV said:

You do realize the responsibility you now carry to photographically document everything about the ship so we can all get excited before our trips, right?

😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beardface said:

You do realize the responsibility you now carry to photographically document everything about the ship so we can all get excited before our trips, right?

😎

I'll do my best to cover what doesn't already get reported on from the Transatlantic... I'm sure there will be a couple of live threads from that sailing for us all to follow 🙂

1 minute ago, CazV said:

I'll do my best to cover what doesn't already get reported on from the Transatlantic... I'm sure there will be a couple of live threads from that sailing for us all to follow 🙂

You never know, they could do a massive renovation between the two.  Better to document everything like that just to be safe

😆

• Haha 1

Hi.

Can someone please take a look at the deck plans for me and let me know if what I am looking at is correct for Deck 17.

I currently have Haven cabin booked 17100 due to the close proximity to the Horizon Haven Lounge (we had something similar on the MSC YC and loved how close we were).  But, when I look to see how I would access the Haven pool area, bar and lounge, it looks like I need to walk all the way to the end of the Haven hallway and back around.  Cabin 17700 is also available (the opposite side) and it looks like I can get to the Horizon lounge as well as a cut out for the pool/bar area.

Is what I am seeing correct that I cannot access the pool/Haven area without going all the way to the end and back around?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, js said:

Hi.

Can someone please take a look at the deck plans for me and let me know if what I am looking at is correct for Deck 17.

I currently have Haven cabin booked 17100 due to the close proximity to the Horizon Haven Lounge (we had something similar on the MSC YC and loved how close we were).  But, when I look to see how I would access the Haven pool area, bar and lounge, it looks like I need to walk all the way to the end of the Haven hallway and back around.  Cabin 17700 is also available (the opposite side) and it looks like I can get to the Horizon lounge as well as a cut out for the pool/bar area.

Is what I am seeing correct that I cannot access the pool/Haven area without going all the way to the end and back around?

Thank you.

I think you are looking at the hallway that goes from the Haven pool area to the Horizon lounge.  Remember that hallway is not access to the cabins.  There is a hallway for the cabins that runs along the outskirts of the courtyard pool area.  If you are walking down those halls there are glass windows showing the pool area.  Your cabin door will lead to that hallway.

I was a bit concerned too until I realized that tunnel hall from the pool area to the Horizon lounge is not the hallway for the cabins.   I asked someone who stayed in 17100 on the Bliss and there is a security door from the interior cabin hall directly to the Horizon lounge. Its silver in color if you see videos of the Horizon lounge.

I could not be mistaken what you are asking but let me know.

11 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I think you are looking at the hallway that goes from the Haven pool area to the Horizon lounge.  Remember that hallway is not access to the cabins.  There is a hallway for the cabins that runs along the outskirts of the courtyard pool area.  If you are walking down those halls there are glass windows showing the pool area.  Your cabin door will lead to that hallway.

I was a bit concerned too until I realized that tunnel hall from the pool area to the Horizon lounge is not the hallway for the cabins.   I asked someone who stayed in 17100 on the Bliss and there is a security door from the interior cabin hall directly to the Horizon lounge. Its silver in color if you see videos of the Horizon lounge.

I could not be mistaken what you are asking but let me know.

Thank you.

What I am saying is, I can see my cabin is very close to the Horizon Lounge.  What I am asking is where can I access the pool/bar area of the Haven? Where are the glass doors on that side since it looks like one big solid line, but not solid on the other side.

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you.

What I am saying is, I can see my cabin is very close to the Horizon Lounge.  What I am asking is where can I access the pool/bar area of the Haven? Where are the glass doors on that side since it looks like one big solid line, but not solid on the other side.

Thanks so much!

If it's like the others (which it should). There will be an access door off the hallway, into the pool area. Its about halfway down the hall. There will be a separate door to the bar area.. since it's still under construction I'm guessing, but I think you will be fine for easy access to the pool,bar,and lounge.

21 minutes ago, La-Z-Guy said:

If it's like the others (which it should). There will be an access door off the hallway, into the pool area. Its about halfway down the hall. There will be a separate door to the bar area.. since it's still under construction I'm guessing, but I think you will be fine for easy access to the pool,bar,and lounge.

Thank you. So, as other Havens, it should have a glass door to the pool area on port/starboard side.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 10:15 PM, js said:

Thank you. I saw in a picture on NCL website the H4 had a lounger on it. Do you think this may be the case. How do you know about the larger balconies on Deck 17?  I read though this entire thread today and didnt see any mention about larger balconies, but will be happy if that is the case. 

Thank you for the video. It looks a lot like the Escape Haven to me but I havent sailed on the Bliss.  Out of all the NCL ships, Escape is my favorite; however, we really just wanted to be able to drive to the port and not fly next summer so our choices were Encore or Oasis, with an awful itinerary (and we just sailed the Allure).

Will miss HATM but we spent a lot of time at 5 OClock with the Chocolate Cowboy. We ended every night there with the same group of people and he made the night. Is the Chocolate Cowboy still with NCL?  I thought he was going to Alaska but cant remember. 

We sailed a few weeks ago on The Bliss Coastal Pacific Cruise and The Chocolate Cowboy was at the Sugar Cane Bar ( alternates between inside and outside bar) . Will find out soon if he’s going to the Encore !

15 hours ago, Captiva said:

We sailed a few weeks ago on The Bliss Coastal Pacific Cruise and The Chocolate Cowboy was at the Sugar Cane Bar ( alternates between inside and outside bar) . Will find out soon if he’s going to the Encore !

Chocolate Cowboy is very underutilized by NCL, IMO. He looks like a wonderful mentor to the young crew helping him behind his bar and watching him nightly I would think he would be a valuable tool for NCL to help the young staff starting out.  I said more on my comment card about him.

If we had Adrian as concierge in Haven and Chocolate Cowboy in the evenings, you will only find me in two places, Haven and wherever Chocolate Cowboy is located. He made our evenings.  The 5OClock Bar didn't server Corona Lights and he made sure every night the bar had them for when I arrived and asked.  My dh and I met about 15-20 of the same people every night at his bar. It was like a group of friends hanging out.  The bar also didn't have music, so the Chocolate Cowboy would bring his own tape player.  Can't wait to tell my dh after work there may be a chance we will see him.  I remember he was telling us he was going to Alaska.  On the Caribbean cruises, he was able to see his wife/kids in Jamaica but he still seemed very happy to explore other places, at least that is the face he put on.

Can't wait to see more of the Encore! So excited although my turn won't come until July 2020.  I have an MSC Seaside YC cruise in February to hold me over.

Edited by js

43 minutes ago, js said:

Chocolate Cowboy is very underutilized by NCL, IMO. He looks like a wonderful mentor to the young crew helping him behind his bar and watching him nightly I would think he would be a valuable tool for NCL to help the young staff starting out.  I said more on my comment card about him.

If we had Adrian as concierge in Haven and Chocolate Cowboy in the evenings, you will only find me in two places, Haven and wherever Chocolate Cowboy is located. He made our evenings.  The 5OClock Bar didn't server Corona Lights and he made sure every night the bar had them for when I arrived and asked.  My dh and I met about 15-20 of the same people every night at his bar. It was like a group of friends hanging out.  The bar also didn't have music, so the Chocolate Cowboy would bring his own tape player.  Can't wait to tell my dh after work there may be a chance we will see him.  I remember he was telling us he was going to Alaska.  On the Caribbean cruises, he was able to see his wife/kids in Jamaica but he still seemed very happy to explore other places, at least that is the face he put on.

Can't wait to see more of the Encore! So excited although my turn won't come until July 2020.  I have an MSC Seaside YC cruise in February to hold me over.

I totally agree about Chocolate Cowboy !  He is a wonderful motivator, person and truly cares about his Guests ❤️

We have never cruised MSC, interested in hearing about it . 

By the way, love your signature picture, we have been DVC members since 1992 !

1 minute ago, Captiva said:

I totally agree about Chocolate Cowboy !  He is a wonderful motivator, person and truly cares about his Guests ❤️

We have never cruised MSC, interested in hearing about it . 

By the way, love your signature picture, we have been DVC members since 1992 !

I sail MSC with my mom in the YC. I find the nightlife very lacking, especially for my family who enjoys going out in the evenings and my adult kids (21 and 25) are still in school so still home and we pay LOL Well, my dd just graduated from law school last Friday and has a job lined up for September so her days with vacationing with us are unfortunately numbered LOL

If the nightlife mirrored NCL or even RCCL, I would put my family in the YC, it is far superior to the Haven on the Away ships but thinking the Encore will be much more space than Away ships so we will see. The attention one receives in the YC is outstanding and the prices are a couple of thousand less than Haven.

We have owned DVC since 2009! I'm guessing you own OKW? We own SSR and make our way there about twice a year.  Our last trip was January at BLT and I have September booked at GFVs.  Are you on the disboards?

Happy planning!

31 minutes ago, js said:

I sail MSC with my mom in the YC. I find the nightlife very lacking, especially for my family who enjoys going out in the evenings and my adult kids (21 and 25) are still in school so still home and we pay LOL Well, my dd just graduated from law school last Friday and has a job lined up for September so her days with vacationing with us are unfortunately numbered LOL

If the nightlife mirrored NCL or even RCCL, I would put my family in the YC, it is far superior to the Haven on the Away ships but thinking the Encore will be much more space than Away ships so we will see. The attention one receives in the YC is outstanding and the prices are a couple of thousand less than Haven.

We have owned DVC since 2009! I'm guessing you own OKW? We own SSR and make our way there about twice a year.  Our last trip was January at BLT and I have September booked at GFVs.  Are you on the disboards?

Happy planning!

Yes, we own at OKW and BLT .  Living in FL we are fortunate to be able to visit many times a year .  

I Am on Disboards  and love reading all the posts.  

I will start looking at MSC especially the YC .  

We sail on on the Encore , July 2020, so far away but love planning our cruises ! 

2 minutes ago, Captiva said:

Yes, we own at OKW and BLT .  Living in FL we are fortunate to be able to visit many times a year .  

I Am on Disboards  and love reading all the posts.  

I will start looking at MSC especially the YC .  

We sail on on the Encore , July 2020, so far away but love planning our cruises ! 

Captiva, we sail July 2020 too.  July 19 to be exact.

I'm js on the dis!

My mom had a place in Sarasota for quite a few years. She (as well as my family) loved going there but when her dh died, she sold the place but now we all have regret for doing that LOL

Will we be sailing together?

Edited by js

I’m Florida Princess on dis.  

LOL, we’re sailing on June 21 not July ( too many changes in our dates ) .  

We are celebrating one of my Friends Son’s HS graduation and thought mid July would be to close to his College start date .  I’m looking forward to the cruise but also being back up North (orginially from NJ ) for a visit.  We are planning 3 days prior to the cruise in NYC as our friends have never been .  

Small world , yes,  Sarasota is beautiful and I’m so happy we decided to live here.  It is growing quickly but still has charm about it.  It is becoming quite the vacation spot and many, many folks are relocating here .  As I type this , we are relaxing by the pool enjoying Summer temps with a bright blue cloudless sky !