Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Just got off the breakaway this past Sunday and found out some interesting news.  The new pier in Miami will (that is the plan) to be completed for the first voyage out of Miami (Thanksgiving week).  They have also assured that the Encore will be completed in time as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

Just got off the breakaway this past Sunday and found out some interesting news.  The new pier in Miami will (that is the plan) to be completed for the first voyage out of Miami (Thanksgiving week).  They have also assured that the Encore will be completed in time as well.

Ok, so being on the TA, the first sentence of your post was a little scary! This makes sense now, as to why they broke up the TA to FL, with a stop in NY and a Ferry Repo to MIA.  The Bliss got MAJOR press coverage in NY when they stopped there, and it gives some time and a repo leg to ensure the new Terminal is ready.  My guess is there's a much better chance of Encore being Sea Trialed and handed off to NCL on time than the Terminal being ready.

18 hours ago, dpepper64 said:

LOL, not flaming you but that has always been the plan and announced that from the beginning. When the new Miami terminal was announced, the first few press releases stated it would be built so Encore could dock.  Miami would be getting a new terminal and new ship.  Maybe they made it sound like new news 🙂

I have not seen or read that the terminal is behind schedule but I drive past it everyday and its pretty much still a shell.  They still have lots of work to do.

This release was from over one year ago

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/norwegian-cruise-line-plans-portmiami-terminal-upgrade

Edited by david_sobe

29 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

great pic, thanks. excited how it looks at the complete ship in real later.

in 2 weeks i will visit Meyer Werft, hope to have a good look at encore.

The Encore’s location in the hall doesn’t present that great of a view from the visitor’s area.  Any chance you have floor access?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

The Encore’s location in the hall doesn’t present that great of a view from the visitor’s area.  Any chance you have floor access?

i booked a special tour with floor access ( not the normal tour, they offers these only at some dates ). in the past i did only the normal tour. they wrote not what floor access but hope to see Encore from the floor, i post pics if i can picture encore. saturday in two weeks.

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 3

Seeing the painted hull pics have got me excited! I have the Encore booked for June to Bermuda from NYC and am eagerly awaiting to see what the finished product looks like and how the first few groups of passengers like the ship (as I'm sure we all are!). I think the initial artist renderings had me a bit skeptical of the hull art but I do like it a bit better in person. 

Edited by kayteecat
  • Like 2

Oh wow.  She is really coming along and love the hull art. I know many hated it but hasn't it grown on you yet?  When Encore pulls into any port, she is going to be a spectacle of sensory overload.  A modern and bright (almost crazy) hull art, water slides over the side of the ship, gigantic race car track over the side of the ship, and that crazy, colorful, swamp monster creature at the aft.  I can just see gawkers galore.

Wow. What a fabulous thread. Thank you!

I am thinking about booking an H4 in the Haven. How do I know where to book without deck plans?

Also, I have read many of these pages but didnt see too much information on Haven, did I miss a section?  I did see the lounge area and must say it looks VERY similar  to MSC Seaside Yacht Club, a ship I have sailed on twice, with another booked, since the YC absolutely surpasses the Haven IMO and the price is thousands less. However, I sail that with my mom and my dh and ds-22 will be sailing on Encore and much prefer the nightlife on NCL, actually so do I. 

Thank you. 

Edited by js

5 minutes ago, js said:

I am thinking about booking an H4 in the Haven. How do I know where to book without deck plans?

Also, I have read many of these pages but didnt see too much information on Haven, did I miss a section?  I did see the lounge area and must say it looks VERY similar  to MSC Seaside Yacht Club, a ship I have sailed on twice, with another booked, since the YC absolutely surpasses the Haven IMO and the price is thousands less. However, I sail that with my mom and my dh and ds-22 will be sailing on Encore and much prefer the nightlife on NCL, actually so do I. 

Thank you. 

The Haven and most of the ship is going to be similar to Bliss. 

Edited by david_sobe

45 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you. 

Sailed in both Haven & YC. Loved MSC Yacht Club so much booked again after getting off first cruise with them. For us the Haven wasn’t worth it. Would never book it again. Absolutely no comparison. 

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

The Haven and most of the ship is going to be similar to Bliss. 

Thank you. So I will look at Bliss deck plans to book. I appreciate your help. 

44 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Sailed in both Haven & YC. Loved MSC Yacht Club so much booked again after getting off first cruise with them. For us the Haven wasn’t worth it. Would never book it again. Absolutely no comparison. 

I agree. The attention to guests and the amount of space for Seaside YC  doesnt come close to NCL and thousands less. However, outside of the YC doesnt compare, IMO, to NCL larger ships and when sailing with my dh, ds-22 and dd-25, that is important to us.   If I felt the nightlife compared, I would put the “kids” in an inside YC with friend each and balcony YC for us. Another great option of YC. I have zero complaints about YC even including the price. 

Edited by js

8 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you. So I will look at Bliss deck plans to book. I appreciate your help. 

I agree. The attention to guests and the amount of space for Seaside YC  doesnt come close to NCL and thousands less. However, outside of the YC doesnt compare, IMO, to NCL larger ships and when sailing with my dh, ds-22 and dd-25, that is important to us.   If I felt the nightlife compared, I would put the “kids” in an inside YC with friend each and balcony YC for us. Another great option of YC. I have zero complaints about YC even including the price. 

You’re absolutely correct about outside the YC. We ventured out once & it was complete chaos. 

On 3/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, Beardface said:

It'll be my first on NCL since I went on the Dreamward way back in 1996 as a kid.  Can't wait!

Wow! The Dreamward was my first cruise too. I was on her in 1993 when I was pregnant with my daughter who I had in 1994. We were in an inside and I think it was the same deck as some crew. My mom and her dh were in an OV window and we thought they were living the high life lol. They took my dh and me on the cruise. I remember those midnight buffets, especially since I was pregnant LOL