Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

27 minutes ago, Briji04 said:

Quick question. Do you think we will have to exit the ship when we come in to New York then reboard?  I’m on that Epic cruise with all the issues. They have said we could stay overnight on the ship.

However, we have had to send our luggage down, exit the ship, pick up our luggage, go through passport control, drop off the luggage with porters then go through security screening and are currently sitting In the terminal with boarding numbers to get back in the ship. 

I don’t  want to have to do this in New York in November. 

For the transatlantic, No one will be allowed off in NY til Monday morning.  If they do let people off, we are going home.  
I'm sorry you had so many issues with your cruise.  I'm glad to read at least NCL is upping their compensation game for you guys.   They have been terrible about that in the past. 

Just now, MaryZ said:

For the transatlantic, No one will be allowed off in NY til Monday morning.  If they do let people off, we are going home.  
I'm sorry you had so many issues with your cruise.  I'm glad to read at least NCL is upping their compensation game for you guys.   They have been terrible about that in the past. 

Thank you. 

13 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

No... It’s the public observation lounge on Decks 15 & 16 (Garden Cafe) - the area outlined in green.  Haven & horizon lounge sit atop here, and can be seen awaiting placement in the photo with the red circle - the area outlined in red.

43303033-15AD-4D09-B3E3-44B7963900AE.jpeg

My bad.  I stand corrected. No, I cant see my cabin from here 😉

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, david_sobe said:

I am sailing last week in February 2020 and picked deck 17 with the bigger balcony next to the observation lounge.  If you pick deck 18 above me, just don't stomp your feet :classic_tongue:    Just one year away now!!!

Thanks for the info! I just booked deck 17 next to the observation lounge but in Dec. Hope we both have quiet upstairs neighbors!!

On 2/16/2019 at 4:10 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

"Okay guys, hoist up those hot tubs, leave them there and let's call it a day, it's five o clock!"

Screenshot (2).png

Now I'm curious.... The background of this image, are those 2 decks rising above the Haven's sun deck area?  There isn't anything higher up than the Horizon/Haven Lounge on he profile of the Bliss, and this looks to be different....

13 hours ago, Beardface said:

Now I'm curious.... The background of this image, are those 2 decks rising above the Haven's sun deck area?  There isn't anything higher up than the Horizon/Haven Lounge on he profile of the Bliss, and this looks to be different....

The background is a different block, it might look as one but it are two blocks. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

Curious - why the late start?

maybe due to this :

The ship yard reiterated that all of these plans are contingent on weather, and delays may result.  Before Spectrum of the Seas can berth at the out-fitting pier, the floating section (engine room unit) of the Norwegian Encore that is currently moored here will have to be moved to another berth in the shipyard port. Once the Spectrum of the Seas has left the dock, the floating part for the Norwegian Encore, which is due for completion in autumn 2019, will be maneuvered back into the free covered building dock II for further construction work

from https://www..royal caribbean blog .com/2019/02/21/spectrum-of-the-seas-scheduled-depart-dock?fbclid=IwAR1fZwOyFwkSc3YKM_HeVe7BcC3U0EaUZu9uslkRjv9DY77HaWoCQ6zzjf0

Edited by shof515

11 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

The background is a different block, it might look as one but it are two blocks. :classic_smile:

Ahhhh ok that makes sense.  Those images were throwing me off, because it looked like one.

Probably for the best, we don't need to Epic-ify the Breakaway Plus class :classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Curious - why the late start?

I don´t have a clue. I don´t think there ever was such a late (regarding the time of the day) float out. The movement of the floating part of the Norwegian Encore shouldn´t be a problem at all. That´s a standard procedure. The floating parts are docked at the same spot the new ship has to dock for further work (as they work on the floating part too during the outside docking). I assume they simply need the time for more work on the Spectrum and then float the basin which takes up some time. I recently saw a new video of a local TV station saying that two thrusters are still missing and some hull paint.

steamboats

12 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Last webcam shot before the Encore is paired up with her outside block.  Haven courtyard rooms are appearing.

7B7531C0-69C3-4BBC-ACB9-A4E8B9A7B403.jpeg

I think I see 18110.... hope its all outfitted by 12/8 lol.  Cant wait to see her matched up with the outside block.. Then it's almost a real ship.