Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

I'm pretty damned salty about the loss of Spice H2O.  It's by far my favorite area to spend time during the day, and now what they've basically done is make it an entirely paid feature.  Even if I was willing to tack another $420 on for my wife and I to get access, we managed to convince another couple to come with us on our January 2020 cruise.  If they want to come hang out with us they'd have to fork over that money as well, and to be honest they're not quite as "financially blessed" as we are.  

I'd be tempted to cancel, but the other couple is making installment payments on this cruise because that's how they can afford to go at all.  

I guess this is what I get for wanting to cruise on the "new hotness".  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

I'm pretty damned salty about the loss of Spice H2O.  It's by far my favorite area to spend time during the day, and now what they've basically done is make it an entirely paid feature.  Even if I was willing to tack another $420 on for my wife and I to get access, we managed to convince another couple to come with us on our January 2020 cruise.  If they want to come hang out with us they'd have to fork over that money as well, and to be honest they're not quite as "financially blessed" as we are.  

I'd be tempted to cancel, but the other couple is making installment payments on this cruise because that's how they can afford to go at all.  

I guess this is what I get for wanting to cruise on the "new hotness".  

I am also feeling a bit salty here … if it wasn't for our friends wedding planned on this particular cruise I would've changed ships already. It's going to be tough with 4 days at sea.  

2 minutes ago, Kingkonig said:

Well last time my wife and I were on NCL, we didn’t realize that there was Spice H2O, so I guess this time we won’t know what we’re missing?  We are sure gonna miss Margaritaville though.

You'll realize it's missing when several hundred people who are usually crammed in there, and many more who generally use the highest sundeck, and many more who generally use the forward, port sundeck are suddenly crammed into the already-overcrowded center of the ship's upper deck.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

You'll realize it's missing when several hundred people who are usually crammed in there, and many more who generally use the highest sundeck, and many more who generally use the forward, port sundeck are suddenly crammed into the already-overcrowded center of the ship's upper deck.

B.I.N.G.O. (and that didn't cost you $25 of OBC to win!) :)

I have a funny feeling that turning all this normally "public deck space" into more for-fee VIBE area is going to back fire and NCL will have to reduce certain parts/sections of the new VIBE area back to being public deck space. (a la the no taking of plates from the buffet decision that back fired). Specifically, the area on deck 20 (where laser tag is on Bliss) and/or the space on the one side of deck 19 that are "public" on Bliss and Joy...or maybe they wont...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Would your friends not get a refund? They're paying money up front that doesn't need to be paid yet. 

I have a UK booking so will lose £100 deposit (sailing solo) if I cancel. I'm seriously considering cancelling right now. 

This may all change before they even finish the ship.  The first "experiment" is the greatly-expanded Vibe on the Getaway.  If they are not selling those at a profitable rate on this summer's Baltic cruises, they may re-think the Encore before it even sails.  It would not take much to change the layout up there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CazV said:

Would your friends not get a refund? They're paying money up front that doesn't need to be paid yet. 

I have a UK booking so will lose £100 deposit (sailing solo) if I cancel. I'm seriously considering cancelling right now. 

Caz they will move it wont they. They have for us previously and also UK based 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

This may all change before they even finish the ship.  The first "experiment" is the greatly-expanded Vibe on the Getaway.  If they are not selling those at a profitable rate on this summer's Baltic cruises, they may re-think the Encore before it even sails.  It would not take much to change the layout up there.

That would be ideal, but how difficult would that be to change prior to it’s first dry dock?  Unless they make the decision within the next few months I mean.

2 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

i think that they didnt sell at all vibe passes in the baltics. i was last year at the breakaway at july in the baltics and never saw a single person in the vibe.

1 minute ago, Owenred said:

Caz they will move it wont they. They have for us previously and also UK based 

Oh I didn't think that would be an option. Thank you! I'll allow myself to calm down before making any rash decisions but that's good to know! 

4 minutes ago, Owenred said:

Maybe im being an idiot but I cant seem to see Le Bistro on the deck plans (using mobile), if its true I feel thats a loss for sure.

le bistro is on a upper deck like 17 or 18 aft

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steff79 said:

le bistro is on a upper deck like 17 or 18 or aft

Thank you just me being stupid 

2 minutes ago, CazV said:

Oh I didn't think that would be an option. Thank you! I'll allow myself to calm down before making any rash decisions but that's good to know! 

Its a £35 fee if the cruise is less money then your current booking, or if it is more the difference, I literally did it two weeks ago with no issues :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kingkonig said:

That would be ideal, but how difficult would that be to change prior to it’s first dry dock?  Unless they make the decision within the next few months I mean.

i guess they could remove the walls or key card access on deck 19 and/or 20 to make them "public" - seems like a pretty easy fix?

• Like 1

The deck space around the pools is horrible and I can see people lined up on deck in the dark at 5AM with their towels already waiting for the staff to lay out the loungers for the day. I sail with two kids 9 and 11. We did the Escape and 15 days on the Bliss with them. I agree, this has turned into a cash cow carnival on the top deck. Way too much wasted space for a cost $$ even for us as a family. Am I seeing no Margaritaville, thank God

Oh BTW, the American Diner is the dumbest idea ever.  I get the concept on a ship that sails China.  But you can get hamburgers all over the ship.  People really are going to buy a $14 burger?  At least Margaritaville had fish, nachos, chicken, etc.  Oh well, cant get everything.  At least I can scratch Margaritaville off the list. No way will I eat at the American Diner.  Nothing on the menu is unique.

Edited by david_sobe

3 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Ok, now I am mad.  I was thrilled at some of the news today.  I know some don't like the bigger Vibe but that was a very common complaint with people wanting Vibe passes.  I see no problem with expanding the area.  I also see no problem with the bigger race track.  C'mon now.  We all know NCL is built for extra fees.  Loved hearing about the new Italian restaurant because IMHO La Cucina is not that good and not really Italian.  So why am I mad?  No Q BBQ.  Are you freaking kidding me.  Years ago there was a survey of what kind of restaurant people wanted on a cruise and I voted BBQ every time.  The reviews from Bliss were great.  So sad there is not BBQ on Encore 😞 So that was my letdown today.  She sure is top heavy but looks like fun to me 🙂

There's a Q as well as Bistro, Los Lobos, Teppanyaki, Food Republic, American Diner.

2 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Ok, now I am mad.  I was thrilled at some of the news today.  I know some don't like the bigger Vibe but that was a very common complaint with people wanting Vibe passes.  I see no problem with expanding the area.  I also see no problem with the bigger race track.  C'mon now.  We all know NCL is built for extra fees.  Loved hearing about the new Italian restaurant because IMHO La Cucina is not that good and not really Italian.  So why am I mad?  No Q BBQ.  Are you freaking kidding me.  Years ago there was a survey of what kind of restaurant people wanted on a cruise and I voted BBQ every time.  The reviews from Bliss were great.  So sad there is not BBQ on Encore 😞 So that was my letdown today.  She sure is top heavy but looks like fun to me 🙂

There is "Q"  is on deck 6

5 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Oh BTW, the American Diner is the dumbest idea ever.  I get the concept on a ship that sails China.  But you can get hamburgers all over the ship.  People really are going to buy a $14 burger?  At least Margaritaville had fish, nachos, chicken, etc.  Oh well, cant get everything.  At least I can scratch Margaritaville off the list. No way will I eat at the American Diner.  Nothing on the menu is unique.

there's a Q on deck 6! :)  Totally agree with you on American Diner - what is special about it? Doesn't the buffet and The Local have the same food/menu for free?

Wow! It looks like NCL has jumped the shark on this one.

It appears to have very little outdoor space for most of the passengers, unless you pay $$$ extra. Where will everyone go if they wish to be outdoors and relax like you should be able to do on a cruise. Isn't that what a cruise is for?

Once the reviews start coming in it will be a one and done for this ship. The extras aren't even available to purchase for most.

Maybe we should call it Joy2.....

I look forward to the reviews.