Can hubby and I "share" a Premium Beverage Package?

MDD&R

I guess I'll just have to get my drink and return to enjoy it on my balcony, by myself of course. :rolleyes:

Yes, don't let anyone even take a sip of your drink, Princess will know and thrown overboard is the punishment. I think your cabin mate is allowed to watch you drink it but I understand this is under review :)

Celebrity' date=' Princess, HAL, and most upscale lines do not. Carnival, NCL, and some of the lower priced lines do have this requirement. We can argue forever whether it is "most" lines or not, but certainly there is a significant portion that do not have such a rule.[/quote']

I guess HAL went down market...

Unless otherwise noted, beverage packages must be purchased for the duration of the cruise and for all occupants of a stateroom.

I guess HAL went down market...

Unless otherwise noted, beverage packages must be purchased for the duration of the cruise and for all occupants of a stateroom.

Typo?

I find it hard to believe that you do not know that just one person can buy a package. It will not be noted as it is not required.

Typo?

I find it hard to believe that you do not know that just one person can buy a package. It will not be noted as it is not required.

Ha? I got this directly from the website. Are you saying they say that everyone needs to buy a drink package but don't enforce it? I don't sail HAL, it was the worst cruise we've ever done.

Celebrity' date=' Princess, HAL, and most upscale lines do not. Carnival, NCL, and some of the lower priced lines do have this requirement. We can argue forever whether it is "most" lines or not, but certainly there is a significant portion that do not have such a rule.[/quote']

Actually all the lines mentioned above started out with it...and then some pulled back.....and now some of the ones that pulled back are changing back........

Did u get that....?.:D

BTW..I am talking USD based ships...am including RCI with X.

Upscale lines...might be debatable;)

Edited by land lover

We're cruising in Alaska in August. A Premium Beverage Package costs $68.99 per day. For us, that seems really steep. Princess says it includes 15 alcoholic drinks per day plus unlimited sodas, bottled water, fancy coffees, etc. Fifteen alcoholic drinks is way too much for us. In fact, 15 drinks a day is more than enough for both of us together.

Here's my question: If we buy one of these packages, can we share it? In other words, could hubby buy the package and then head to a bar on the ship and order one beer (for him) AND one glass of wine (for me) at the same time? Or could he go to a coffee place and order 2 lattes and use his package for both - as long as we don't go over the 15 drinks per day max? If this is allowed, then we'd consider buying one Premium Package for him and one of the soda packages for me.

Please tell me you are not serious

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The sharing of the package is more than likely one of the reasons that Princess changed the package and made it a 15 drink limit. They upped the price to make it along industry standards but also set a drink limit on their package.

Sharing has never been allowed and it's always been one per person, but unfortunately there are those who don't feel that those rules apply to them. These are the "rules" for the drink package not a suggested guideline like their dress code.

Princess does read these boards as does all the other cruise lines. They have a team that reads these boards. Bragging about sharing or suggesting how to share is read by them and only makes it harder on those who purchase one package per person because they dilute the product.

But then thy'll lose control over who actually drinks it.

It would be better for Princess to insist the drink be finished before you leave the bar or lounge.

Why should those who purchase the package and use it for themselves like it is meant, be penalized

by those don't follow what Princess states when purchasing the package?!!

Why should those who purchase the package and use it for themselves like it is meant, be penalized

by those don't follow what Princess states when purchasing the package?!!

In order to insure that there is no cheating on sharing. This way they can keep tighter control over the consumption & keep the prices down and also avoid forcing everyone the same cabin to purchase the package.

Ha? I got this directly from the website. Are you saying they say that everyone needs to buy a drink package but don't enforce it? I don't sail HAL, it was the worst cruise we've ever done.

I misunderstood your initial comment. Sorry.

The sharing of the package is more than likely one of the reasons that Princess changed the package and made it a 15 drink limit. They upped the price to make it along industry standards but also set a drink limit on their package.

They upped the price because they upped the price of most drinks if purchased individually. What used to cost $9.95 now costs over the $10 limit that the previous AIBP had.

They upped the price because they upped the price of most drinks if purchased individually. What used to cost $9.95 now costs over the $10 limit that the previous AIBP had.

Have you cruised since the new package was introduced?

On our October Emerald cruise the price of individual drinks were not increased. Perhaps we were able to take advantage of the transition. We were able to drink wines that were over the $10 limit, but less than $12. It was a 28 day cruise and Princess did run out of some of the “higher end” wines by the glass. This was because of the increased sells due to the higher limit. The Silverado Cab was one example, but we enjoyed it for a few weeks.

The elimination of can soda was the most disappointing change for us.

Just set it up with punch cards like they do for coffee. Doubles' date=' sharing, a round for the table... who cares? Once you reach 15 they go on your cruise card. They'll still make a killing.[/quote']

They would have to charge a heck of a lot more than $60 (before tip) per fifteen drinks in order to make that "killing".

Or limit the punches to domestic beer, rotgut wine, and a very short list of well brands.

The $68.99 (including tips) per diem of the plan is achieved long before 15 drinks. Everyone needs to stop focusing on that arbitrary number that Princess added to the rules simply to match other lines' norms.

My friend I brought on the BVE in November drank three beers and three cocktails in the barely four hours she was on board with me. Came to $49. So someone like her (who is more typical than you may think) would pass the per diem cost well before dinner. Again, look for value rather than cost or limitations.

Edited by fishywood

But then thy'll lose control over who actually drinks it.

It would be better for Princess to insist the drink be finished before you leave the bar or lounge.

I don't get the package but often take a drink out of the bar/lounge area. How in the world do you think they could control those who have the package to not leave the bar area (perhaps make them wear a funny hat?)

I don't get the package but often take a drink out of the bar/lounge area. How in the world do you think they could control those who have the package to not leave the bar area (perhaps make them wear a funny hat?)

They couldn't.

I was just making a point that they have absolutely no control over what or where a person consumes their drink or who they possible might want to give it to.