Air2 sea seat questions

donnawoz

We are flying in October round trip to Rome. Is the difference between economy, and economy comfort worth the price difference? Is there a space difference, more leg room, seat inches etc? On Deltas website there are 4-5 seat categories. I want to know which seats are air2sea's economy comfort.Willing to pay for more comfort!!!!!

Go to Delta’s website and find the flights you want. Do a dummy booking and at one point you’ll be able to pick your seats. The Comfort Plus seats are identified. Write down the ones you are interested in and when you get the booking number from Choice Air, go to Delta’s site and pick them. The only difference in them and regular seats is is the extra leg room. For a taller person, on a long flight, it’s worth extra money, if the money isn’t too much.

We are flying in October round trip to Rome. Is the difference between economy, and economy comfort worth the price difference? Is there a space difference, more leg room, seat inches etc? On Deltas website there are 4-5 seat categories. I want to know which seats are air2sea's economy comfort.Willing to pay for more comfort!!!!!

We feel the Comfort Plus seats are well worth the extra $150pp. You would be surprised how much more comfort you have with an extra 5 inches.

We purchase regular economy from Air2Sea and then use the Delta confirmation number to access our flight on Delta's website and pay the extra for the Comfort Plus.

Whether it is "worth it" varies from person to person, and the price difference for your particular flight. One person might find it's worth it if the price difference is $100, but not if it's more. Someone else might think it's worth it for a price difference up to $300.

As for the actual differences, the seat you're referring to on Delta are called Comfort+ seats. They have a few extra inches of legroom, and a very tiny bit of extra recline (I've never found the additional recline to be all that noticeable, and it's much closer to that of a regular economy seat than that of a premium seat.). You will have slightly earlier boarding, but will get the same meal as regular economy seats. They advertise that C+ gets free drinks, but on transatlantic flights are economy seats get free drinks so ignore that as it's not an advantage on your flight. The seat width is exactly the same as a regular economy seat, so don't expect the actual seat to be any larger, just the legroom.

As for the 5 seat categories Delta sells, they are Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Comfort+, Premium Select, and Delta One. The first three are all part of the economy cabin. With Basic Economy you can't cancel or make any changes to your flight, even for a fee; you can't upgrade the seat through any means, and you don't get to select your seat any further out than 24 hours, so middle seats in the back are most likely what you get. Premium Select is their term for premium economy. Delta One is their term for business class seats.

We booked whatever the lowest class one was, last year, by accident. It was cheap, but we didn’t find out our seats in advance, and there was no guarantee that we’d sit together. We got middle seats, rows apart. Will not be doing that again!!!

You must have booked Basic Economy. Next time be sure to book Main Cabin.

Thanks everyone. I like to be in charge of my flight. I want to select seats immediately etc., so I think maybe I'll go to Delta and book!

I selected our Delta seats 5 minutes after booking with Air2Sea.

I selected our Delta seats 5 minutes after booking with Air2Sea.

If your Air2Seat Delta seats had been in Delta's basic economy, which might not be apparent at booking, you would not be able to choose seats. Just FYI for others- it's imperative to know exactly what you're getting.

If your Air2Seat Delta seats had been in Delta's basic economy, which might not be apparent at booking, you would not be able to choose seats. Just FYI for others- it's imperative to know exactly what you're getting.

I agree, and so far, I've not seen Air2Sea selling Basic Economy.

OMG! We will never fly to Europe in basic economy again, ever. I didn't even know that planes had seats that were that small and that uncomfortable. I think the seat back screen was about 8 inches in front of my face. When the seat in front of me reclined slightly, it seemed like it was about 4 inches. :rolleyes::mad: I would suggest upgrading to anything above. Our friends went business class. I don't care what it costs, we are flying at least business class next time. Both were Air2Sea bookings.

When booking on sea2air, there's a drop down menu where you can choose between economy, premium economy, business, or first class.

Yes, what I was wondering is if one chooses Economy, can they be given Basic Economy?

I don't recall if there was a distinction or category division at the time. It just never occurred to me that economy seats could be THAT bad for an international flight. We fly domestic a lot more often, frequently with SWA, Alaska or United. Our flight to Rome was on US Air. They have now merged with someone else, but we also decided that we wouldn't fly with US Air ever again. Their flight attendants were incredibly rude, and didn't like being woken up to assist passengers with silly requests, like beverages :)

Edited by Coralc

Even after you think you've picked your seats...check often !!!! DL makes many changes that will affect your seats...they especially like to do this late on Sunday nights.

We find that this is extremely true with AA also.

We fly DL often and they have always been pretty good with emails for flight changes...but AA not so much.

I spent over an hour late (11:00pm-12:00am) super bowl Sunday night to make sure I got the seats and flight changed I needed for my upcoming flight to Dublin due to a change AA made....no notice from AA just my random obsessive checking. Keeping an eye on my future 3 flights I also have booked with AA.

OMG! We will never fly to Europe in basic economy again, ever. I didn't even know that planes had seats that were that small and that uncomfortable. I think the seat back screen was about 8 inches in front of my face. When the seat in front of me reclined slightly,

I can only speak for Delta, for the actual seats in "Basic Economy" are the exact same as those in regular economy or "Main Cabin." They seat is no smaller, the only difference is you don't get to choose your seat in advance and can't change or upgrade your ticket.

When booking on sea2air, there's a drop down menu where you can choose between economy, premium economy, business, or first class.

Those terms refer to different cabins. Basic Economy is a different fare class, not a separate cabin. On Delta for instance, you could choose "economy" and get tickets that are either "basic economy" or "main cabin." Same cabin, just different ticket rules/restrictions.

I never heard of Basic Economy. I only thought it was Economy or Economy Plus.

Basic Economy is a newer option offered by several airlines. Regular economy seats but with more rules/restrictions on the ticket (can't be changed, can't be upgraded, no advance seat selection and I believe for at least one airline, no carry on baggage allowed) The actual seats are regular seats in the economy cabin.

When you purchased the tickets from Air2Sea, did you know you were getting basic economy before you committed to purchase?

No :(. It was when basic economy was new- we didn’t even know it existed! So, we didn’t know to ask, and they didn’t tell us :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No :(. It was when basic economy was new- we didn’t even know it existed! So, we didn’t know to ask, and they didn’t tell us :(

That's scary. I guess I will now have to call Air2Sea to book, in order to make sure I'm not getting basic economy. We need regular economy in order to upgrade to Comfort+.