C&A Status on Luggage Tag

I just printed out our luggage tags for our next cruise and they say Diamond on them. I'm not Diamond (yet), only Emerald. There's no one else in our party that is Diamond. I know the status on the tags mean zilch, just wondering if others have seen a higher status on the luggage tags. And does anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just printed out our luggage tags for our next cruise and they say Diamond on them. I'm not Diamond (yet), only Emerald. There's no one else in our party that is Diamond. I know the status on the tags mean zilch, just wondering if others have seen a higher status on the luggage tags. And does anyone know why?

No reason. Go with it.

(and it doesn't mean anything anyway. but let us know what your SeaPass says :D )

Yeah....maybe they made a mistake? You might score 'Diamond' perks if your seapass also says Diamond...:)

That actually happened to me on NCL....

I had 135 days with them, and they showed me as "Platinum Plus" (requires 175 days), on my last cruise.

I just checked my latest profile, and now they show me at 149 days at the correct "Platinum" level...

No big difference between those really, just the opportunity to maybe have 'dinner with an officer'.... :)

Edited by bob brown

No reason. Go with it.

(and it doesn't mean anything anyway. but let us know what your SeaPass says :D )

I think we're on the same Feb 25th sailing on Liberty so if I inadvertently get Diamond benefits, you better not rat me out! Ha!

I had the opposite, we are platinum but we are bringing along a gold in our cabin and so our luggage tags say gold.

What does it say next to your names on your SetSail pass?

When 2 people of different C&A categories share a cabin, it seems the lowest category is printed on the tags. What is on the tag makes NO difference for anything.

In fact, if you have the porter write a tag, there Is no notation of C&A category. In our experience, luggage arrival is NOT tied to the category printed on the tag. It might make a difference for Pinnacle, but I have no knowledge as I am not in that category.

I would not expect there to be an incorrect notation on the sea pass account.

enjoy the cruise.

M

Yes, my Set Sail pass says Emerald and so does everything else besides my luggage tags. I fully expect to be Emerald on my cruise. I had heard about getting tags that were the lowest tier in the room, just hadn't heard of getting a higher tier. Also, I know the status on the tags don't mean anything but was fantasizing that I got a one cruise upgrade. You know, like when hotels and airlines do the status challenges?

• 8 months later...

Irrespective of who is the first name on the booking, and irrespective of who has the highest status.... the bag tags have the amazing capability to pick the lower

status. 

LB > who is travelling with a first timer friend and whose bag tags have no status. Am I bothered...

Edited by little britain