Vaping / Ecig question

panzafit

I was wondering if you are allowed to vape or use Ecig in your stateroom. Also, do they make you go to the smoking section on the ship to use Ecig or can you use it outside by the pool? My husband quit smoking cigarettes and switched over to the Ecig. I know at football games he has to go to the smoking section which bothers him since he quit and being with cigarette smokers makes him want to smoke again. I just thought I would ask the question so he knows beforehand and can be prepared.

I was wondering if you are allowed to vape or use Ecig in your stateroom. Also, do they make you go to the smoking section on the ship to use Ecig or can you use it outside by the pool? My husband quit smoking cigarettes and switched over to the Ecig. I know at football games he has to go to the smoking section which bothers him since he quit and being with cigarette smokers makes him want to smoke again. I just thought I would ask the question so he knows beforehand and can be prepared.

He can not use it in the cabin or on the balcony, if your cabin has one. He has to go to the designated smoking areas to use it.

Of course the e cig folks do it everywhere as if others don’t notice. A guy blew a huge exhale right in my face while I was holding my 2 year old so in her face too.

I lit him up verbally and I mean I lit him up and he suddenly didn’t speak English anymore. Lol.

But seriously how rude to blow that poison in my face let alone my two year old daughters face. Can’t wait till the regulate the poison that goes into many types of those e cigs.

People would vape walking all around Oasis without anyone saying a word except some guest, including myself. This could lead to a negative situation but I personally don't want to breathe in "used nicotine" vapor anymore than I want to breath in flu virus. I guess those of us wanting a healthy lifestyle are just supposed to tolerate and support their addiction. Cruise lines need to enforce policies that put in place.

• Like 2

People would vape walking all around Oasis without anyone saying a word except some guest, including myself. This could lead to a negative situation but I personally don't want to breathe in "used nicotine" vapor anymore than I want to breath in flu virus. I guess those of us wanting a healthy lifestyle are just supposed to tolerate and support their addiction. Cruise lines need to enforce policies that put in place.

This!!!!

It is very hard to alert staff as only security is gonna deal with it and the vapors hide them in there hands and sneak in puffs as they walk around and can easily put them away in a pocket. Total scum bags imo and I for one will call them out every time I see it. It is an unregulated product that is going to kill these idiots and perhaps those having to breathe in this crap as second hand smoke. I’d much rather breathe in cigarette smoke. E cigs are just horrific and mostly people don’t realize it.

Royal is asking for serious conflict if they dont get on top of this. We have to breath in this poison and confrontation is likely in these scenarios.

Maybe they are more strict now but several years ago we took our daughter and son-in-law with us on the Liberty. He used his Ecig all over the ship. No one ever said anything to him but we were disgusted and embarrassed. :mad:

Maybe they are more strict now but several years ago we took our daughter and son-in-law with us on the Liberty. He used his Ecig all over the ship. No one ever said anything to him but we were disgusted and embarrassed. :mad:

They aren’t more strict and that is the problem.

A lot of people have no idea the crap they put in those things and neither do half the smokers. Plus it is totally unregulated so one really wouldn’t even be able to trust what is supposedly in them. I guess sort of like buying drugs on the street.

I must say I hope that RC will get on this. I am an ex-smoker and I try to be understanding of smokers and vapers (since I think sometimes they're doing it as an alternative or to help them quit). BUT, I had a guy in the Windjammer in line with me doing it and blowing it in my face. I'm sorry that's just rude and inconsiderate! I said nothing, but I did include in my survey.

No one will know if you're vaping in the cabin...it doesn't leave a stink like cigarettes do.

I don’t know why I am surprised you advocate this. They are big a fire hazard if not more so than regular cigarettes. And uhh, yes they do leave an odor behind that can be as noxious as smoke

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 2

The steam from a shower can set a smoke detector (at least at home), not sure if you would have enough from vaping or not.

The steam of the shower can set off the detector in a cruise ship cabin too. I, unfortunately, had this happen to me this past summer on NCL Dawn. Had just come out of the shower and the phone was ringing, I didn't get to it in time and went about getting dried off. The phone then started ringing again and there was also someone banging at the door. The phone call was an automated call saying that an alarm had been received for our cabin and to evacuate if there was a fire. The door was an officer from security who asked about the alarm and soon realized I was just out of the shower and left quickly. The phone with the automated message then rang again but finally stopped. There was no audible alarm in the cabin but there was a signal that was on a fire panel somewhere. I did find that the thermostat was flashing and I hit a button on it and it reset, turning the AC back on, but it was a very embarrassing incident that my older sister, mother and mother's friend got a lot of laughs from and made my Mom's 80th birthday cruise a little more memorable.:o:D

The steam of the shower can set off the detector in a cruise ship cabin too. I, unfortunately, had this happen to me this past summer on NCL Dawn. Had just come out of the shower and the phone was ringing, I didn't get to it in time and went about getting dried off. The phone then started ringing again and there was also someone banging at the door. The phone call was an automated call saying that an alarm had been received for our cabin and to evacuate if there was a fire. The door was an officer from security who asked about the alarm and soon realized I was just out of the shower and left quickly. The phone with the automated message then rang again but finally stopped. There was no audible alarm in the cabin but there was a signal that was on a fire panel somewhere. I did find that the thermostat was flashing and I hit a button on it and it reset, turning the AC back on, but it was a very embarrassing incident that my older sister, mother and mother's friend got a lot of laughs from and made my Mom's 80th birthday cruise a little more memorable.:o:D

Probably wasn't funny when it happened, but you can probably look back now and get a laugh.

• Like 1

Not unless the steam from your shower will set off the smoke alarm, too. It's water vapor.

My cabinmate on Harmony last month was cleaning her ecig and accidentally "vaped" in the cabin. The "water vapor" lingered just like the smoke it is. I quickly opened the balcony door and had her open the cabin door to flush it from the room before it set off the smoke alarm. It is NOT water vapor, it is chemical smoke--as a chemical engineer, I know the difference. For it to be water vapor, the "juice" would have to water only.

• Thanks 1

The steam from a shower can set a smoke detector (at least at home), not sure if you would have enough from vaping or not.

Actually they are combination smoke/ heat sensors (not sure of what type)and the heat should eventually turn on an alarm light on the alarm board on the bridge which is tied into a diagram of each deck.

The board(s) are kind of neat to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a former smoker as is my DH. I quit 40 years ago an DH quit 50 years ago. Both of us quit cold turkey, me after 3 packs a day, DH after 4 packs a day. If we could quit, anyone can quit if they really want to.

The e-cigs are nothing more than a substitute for cigarettes, something like a pacifier. People need to understand this and deal with the addiction.

RC should treat the e-cigs the same as regular cigarettes. Especially since we don't know the long term affects. jmo

• Like 2

I am a former smoker as is my DH. I quit 40 years ago an DH quit 50 years ago. Both of us quit cold turkey, me after 3 packs a day, DH after 4 packs a day. If we could quit, anyone can quit if they really want to.

The e-cigs are nothing more than a substitute for cigarettes, something like a pacifier. People need to understand this and deal with the addiction.

RC should treat the e-cigs the same as regular cigarettes. Especially since we don't know the long term affects. jmo

They do treat it the same as regular cigarettes. This issue is it is infinitely easier to hide that you are smoking them so lots of people break the rules. So it is an inforcement issue not that they don’t have rules in place. Perhaps they need much tougher consequences and some enforcement to nip it in the bud.