Izumi Hibachi Harmony kids price?

Niene0319

The PDF is the only information available on the website. It's what anyone going on the main company website and searching "dining packages" will find.

In regards to kids pricing; I wonder if Royal sends out different price point offers targeted at different people?

Pricing for many things varies by ship.

Food for 5 people. 8260f2a374f7fd6be5ce562d7073c641.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Pretty average teppanyaki. I'm sure it's good, but $49 is steep for this. People are obviously willing to pay for it though. I guess for those who don't have these restaurants locally, maybe the experience is worth the price.

If you just order chicken, steak, or shrimp, $45 is crazy high. Even shrimp and chicken at $49 is crazy high. However, lobster and filet at $49 us getting closer to land based venues. I doubt you'll get that for less than $35 on land. And it won't be two tails and 8 oz of fillet

BTW, we did get a 20% coupon from one of those waiters that Chase you around the WJ, so our price was more like $39.

Also, has anyone been to Benihana? They are pricey.

Plus how can you quibble over a few bucks if you are having fun interacting with the chef and your tablemates the entire meal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

$50 per person for teppanyaki? That's a pretty substantial upcharge. The upcharge alone is double the cost of going locally!

my local spot.. just down the street.. is $39.99 for Hibachi. the spot we ate at in DC was $60. so $50 is not substantial or outrageous.

my local spot.. just down the street.. is $39.99 for Hibachi. the spot we ate at in DC was $60. so $50 is not substantial or outrageous.

Wow. But if people are willing to pay it...

We have Hibachi lunch for $12 - $15 and dinner Filet/Lobster is $27.95 at our local spot. Standard shrimp/steak is $21.95. This is in a wealthy neighborhood. Even Benihana is in the $25 - $50/range for a 5 course meal and granted Filet/Lobster is $45 so it's comparable to the ship. But you also don't have the option of nice sit down dining for FREE so that has to be factored in to the cost. These are upcharges!!! I sure as heck wouldn't pay $60/pp for a teppanyaki meal anywhere but obviously they fill the place up so more power to them.

About double what we see here in backwater country.

While I appreciate that it was added to Adventure, I don't think I'm going to pay Izumi a visit on my upcoming cruise because I'm not really a huge sushi kind of girl. Giovanni's for lunch on one of our three sea days will be fine for me :)

• 1 month later...

I am sure if you call Royal now you may get yet another answer altogether, but I can find nothing to indicate that Hibachi is excluded on the website.

In the fine print of the dining package, it does state that Hibachi is NOT included. It's not on the first page, but it is there. I missed it when I first booked a package and was told it wasn't included. I looked more carefully the next time I was booking a package and found it. I can't bring up the info to post on here because I have purchased it as a separate item and the website tells me I've already purchased it.

• 4 months later...

Haha. But it’s been an interesting discussion nonetheless. Our family likes hibachi and it’s a fun night for us. But we don’t do 150 or chefs table. It’s personal preference. And we all eat as adults. I don’t think I would pay that amount for a toddler who wouldn’t.

They do fill it up though so would be surprised if kids got a price break. Such a small venue. But following to see if anyone knows the answer

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
When I click on Additional Terms and Conditions in Izumi for Allure, it states that there is no charge for kids 5 and under. There is a $10 charge for children ages 6-12. Children must eat off the kids menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is for Izumi’s not the Habachi

That is for Izumi’s not the Habachi

It states that under the Izumi Hibachi experience. Just click on the additional terms and conditions.

Izumi’s (without the. Hibachi) is a la carte pricing. Therefore the child will be charged for whatever they choose off the menu.

Edited by falynrayn
to add additional comment