I don't have a future cruise booked because...

Out of Iowa

as I posted, our most recent cruise (Sept/Oct 2017) was not as great as all but one (our very first on the tiny, seasick-inducing Fantasy across the Gulf of Mexico) of our previous Carnival cruises. Thus, we have nothing currently booked for the future.

What's your reason?

as I posted, our most recent cruise (Sept/Oct 2017) was not as great as all but one (our very first on the tiny, seasick-inducing Fantasy across the Gulf of Mexico) of our previous Carnival cruises. Thus, we have nothing currently booked for the future.

What's your reason?

One in a couple of months, 14-day to Hawaii next year and our first Celebrity cruise the year after that.

A cruise is what you make of it and things do happen. Unless a huge brawl broke out after constant intimidation, threats and violence for days by a family, coupled with a poorly handled security response, I don't know what else would make me think twice about booking.

What's your reason?

I don't understand what you're asking here. Is it wondering why some others don't have a future cruise booked?

I too am somewhat disappointed with Carnival right now. We finished our latest Carnival cruise on the Magic last Saturday, February 10th. At that time I had no future Carnival cruises booked. But since that was my Carnival cruise #92 I will cruise with them 8 more times to achieve the free 100 cruise milestone reward. So this week I booked 2 more for this fall.

We had one booked last year, but decided to cancel because we moved states and moving is expensive. Didn't have anything booked until last August, when I booked the Glory somewhat spontaneously because the price was good and the itinerary was new for us. Plus, we wanted to try something new after sailing with NCL (love NCL, but there's not reason not to try something new). And now we leave tomorrow!

My reason for the past six years or so was that I bought a house and it took all my vacation funds to get past it.

Also worth noting... people who do not have a cruise booked probably don't hang around on the boards... I know I didn't. It was just too painful :D

Well, we just got back in January and we're typically more of the Pack 'n Go types. See that Valor cruise in my sig? We arranged for everything on a Friday morning, 48 hours before departure. No biggie you think? Folks in FLA do that regularly, right? That's San Juan and we live in Chicago.

Also worth noting... people who do not have a cruise booked probably don't hang around on the boards... I know I didn't. It was just too painful :D

You got that right!!!! Every time I come to Cruise Critic..... I catch the bug and more than likely book a cruise ....Its addicting!!

Because the hubby wants to try a different type of vacation....which I'm not opposed to. But in pricing out several different options, we can take a 6-7 day cruise for the same price as we'd spend on a 4 day land vacation. So I'm working on him on this! :D

Cruising is a little harder for us now that our daughter is in school so we have a more limited schedule. This year, for child care reasons, we decided to take our vacation in July. Cruising in July is far too expensive so we are planning on going to Gulf Shores or Pensacola and renting a condo. Maybe I will take a cruise in 2019, but secretly hoping to be able to go to Disney World. That's getting so pricey now though, so cruise might be the way to go.

Cruising is a little harder for us now that our daughter is in school so we have a more limited schedule. This year, for child care reasons, we decided to take our vacation in July. Cruising in July is far too expensive so we are planning on going to Gulf Shores or Pensacola and renting a condo. Maybe I will take a cruise in 2019, but secretly hoping to be able to go to Disney World. That's getting so pricey now though, so cruise might be the way to go.

Disney pricing is ridiculous.... You can book a 7 day cruise for what you would pay for a 4 day vacation for Park fees, lodging, food, etc

We get on a ship this Sunday. After we get off we will not have a cruise booked for the first time in probably 5 years. I don't know how long I can be without before suffering withdrawal. Hubby's new job doesn't like him taking off and having Disney and SeaWorld annual passes makes up for no long vacations planned. With all that said, I still believe cruising is what you make it. We are platinum with Carnival and Diamond on Royal and I feel as though it's still a very cost effective vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We didn't cruise for a couple of years because I suddenly discovered myself building a house. But we have gone frequently in the last two. However nothing in the plans for now until my sister has a hip replacement and we see how the recovery goes. EM

What's your reason?

Maybe you need to upgrade from Carnival? It’s a different world.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just the opposite here.

We usually cruise 2 times a winter ( to escape the brutal Iowa Winters). Thought we were done this winter after December & January cruises.

However, just got word of Wife getting an early retirement package. So just booked another one for a few weeks after her last day. Celebration cruise.

After that, maybe not have one booked, but certainly will have 3 planned every winter.