Auto Grats Question

momofmab

I booked my cruise with an AmEx travel agent. If I didn't specifically request that automatic gratuities be removed, am I safe to assume they are activated? I want to make sure they are. Is there a way to check on my cruise planner? I know I can call but I was hoping not to have waste 20 minutes weaving through a phone tree :p

TIA

It's reasons like this that I don't use a TA. It'd drive me crazy if I wasn't in full control of my trip.

To the OP - auto-grats can't be adjusted in cruise planner, only at time of booking can you pre-pay those online yourself. You'll need to call your TA or maybe Royal directly if you haven't already pre-paid, but you wish to do so.

Automatic gratuities are either added to your account and paid at the time of final payment (contact your TA or look on their invoice as it will show there) or they will be added to your seapass daily once on board in which case you have to go to guest services to have them removed. They cannot be entirely removed ahead of time.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It's reasons like this that I don't use a TA. It'd drive me crazy if I wasn't in full control of my trip.

Why is this a reason you don't use a TA? The OP could just as easily call RCCL and ask them the question, email or call the TA, or just ask here like he or she did. You don't need to go through your TA to ask whether or not Auto Gratuities are automatically added or ask any other questions, only to make changes to your reservation. I get you like control of your own reservation, don't blame you. But in this case, having a TA or not is pretty irrelevant other than as another source available to the OP.

I'll check my cruise planner. I fell like I am in control of my trip, I was just asking what I think is a simple question. I am cruising in about a month and want to make sure no one onboard is shortchanged. I used AmEx because my platinum card had several great perks at the time of my booking and it was just easier to plan through them.

Does anyone know how many additional cruise ships will be at the same ports as the Jewel starting on March 5?

Are there any theme nights on this cruise?

Thanks, Ann marie

I use cruisecal.com to look at port loads.

Automatic gratuities are either added to your account and paid at the time of final payment (contact your TA or look on their invoice as it will show there) or they will be added to your seapass daily once on board in which case you have to go to guest services to have them removed. They cannot be entirely removed ahead of time.

You can call guest service from your stateroom phone to have the gratuity removed.

No need to stand in line! (y)