Special Occasions Onboard

ellie84

Celebrity or your travel agent can enter the information on your booking. Or, if you log into your account and click on manage reservation there is a section for celebrations that looks like you can enter it yourself. We always have our Celebrity vacation planner enter it when we book. They typically bring a cake to your table but you will probably have to mention it to the server or maître d the day before.

It's good to enter the information as suggested, but if you want to make sure something happens, it's best to mention it to your server the day before, and then again the day of the event at the early part of the meal. You could also mention it to the maître d on the QT. We did this for a friend that we travelled with last year and they brought out a lovely cake. DH just excused himself from the table with some random excuse and quietly reminded the waiter. With two to three thousand guests aboard it's easy to have these celebrations slip through the cracks unless they are quietly reminded.

If you add the special occasion through the website check your OBC and perks carefully after. I added an anniversary and my OBC disappeared. Had to call to get it added back. I would recommend calling Celebrity Captains Club and have them add it to avoid problems.

I've indicated special occasions on several cruises and never had anything happen. If it is something you really want confirm it with the Maitre D or waiter in advance or it is likely to fall through the cracks.

Remind them again and again. We have celebrated many birthdays and anniversaries on cruises. Celebrity usually serves a cake. On one cruise, we were treated to a specialty dinner to celebrate. My husband loves it when there is cake and everyone sings. The last time we cruised to celebrate a birthday, Celebrity forgot it. 2 years ago, we took our family on a cruise to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday. I called before the cruise. My TA had it on our cruise confirmation. I also told our waiter the night before. We ate at the early traditional seating. Early worked best with the younger grandkids. Birthday was on the last night lf the cruise. We ate dinner and nothing happened....no cake. Waiter said that nobody reminded him. Later that evening, a small cake was delivered to our cabin. Way past bedtime for the kids. Everyone was disappointed. Celebrity did not meet expectations.

Next week, we will be on Celebrity. Going with friends. My birthday and my friend's will happen on that cruise. What will happen? Will post after the cruise.

Remind them again and again. We have celebrated many birthdays and anniversaries on cruises. Celebrity usually serves a cake. On one cruise, we were treated to a specialty dinner to celebrate. My husband loves it when there is cake and everyone sings. The last time we cruised to celebrate a birthday, Celebrity forgot it. 2 years ago, we took our family on a cruise to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday. I called before the cruise. My TA had it on our cruise confirmation. I also told our waiter the night before. We ate at the early traditional seating. Early worked best with the younger grandkids. Birthday was on the last night lf the cruise. We ate dinner and nothing happened....no cake. Waiter said that nobody reminded him. Later that evening, a small cake was delivered to our cabin. Way past bedtime for the kids. Everyone was disappointed. Celebrity did not meet expectations.

Next week, we will be on Celebrity. Going with friends. My birthday and my friend's will happen on that cruise. What will happen? Will post after the cruise.

Make sure to quietly remind your waiter the night before and also the day of the event. They have 2-3 thousand passengers aboard and are only human. They want to please the passengers, but there is a lot going on and it's easy to have something fall through the cracks.

How do you go about inputting information on to your booking with regards to a birthday and anniversary whilst onboard? Should you even mention it? Does something specific happen? :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have celebrated several birthdays on board now and the general has been cake and a song. Once or twice a member of staff has done more...(Champagne, flowers). I would add these have been provided by the concierge when we have cruised in suites.

Remember you can order something yourself to mark the celebration (gifts at Celebrity) or book a Speciality restaurant for a birthday/anniversary. My favourite birthday treats have been port day special excursions....most memorable being a helicopter ride!