What one item do you always bring?

Dreams42Day

I'm one of the "Corkscrew People" - never leave home without it. While cruising, I like a nighttime glass of wine (okay, maybe a tumbler full) with pretzels while we watch a late movie. After going through a few poorly made corkscrews, this is the type I now pack:

https://www.amazon.ca/Waiters-Corkscrew-HiCoup-All-one/dp/B00MSXW15E

Like kazu, there are always a couple of bottles of wine in our cabin, just waiting to be opened.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I LOVE that corkscrew! It's the BEST.

Yes and on my last cruise I couldn't use my water flosser either, so I had to bundle up towels an use it at the vanity mirror in the cabin. Using batterie operated one next trip. Ugh not as powerful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Steal a salad bowl from the buffet - you can use it to dribble in to...... also totally committed to the water flosser.....

There is a suggestion earlier in the thread about a power bar and then a comment about surge protection being an added benefit.

It has been discussed before that there is a good reason for ships to ban surge protectors. There is no available ground so surplus power would be dumped to the hull. Maybe you would not like to be holding the cabin door handle at that moment.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

Awesome idea... thanks. No need for bulky hard copies of these documents in our digital age.

I understand! However, I'm über when it comes to having my docs. My sister had hers in her phone and her phone got stolen in Rome! So I just duplicate or triplicate when it comes to documentation! I want to make it easy for the authorities to give me a "pass" if the worst of the worst happens - that way I won't miss the ship's departure! Scout Motto!!

My dh has had several including a red one! The best one was a rise gold. He’s now moved on to Mustangs. A beautiful blue convertible! We’ve been to Ithaca. Lived it. Stayed outside of town in a big Victorian bed and breakfast. Super fun! We even visited the Corning museum and did glass blowing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A collapsible container (12" X 12" x 2" deep) to hold small items - sea cards; sun glasses; watches; phones. It eliminates clutter!

Dry erase markers - leave messages on the mirror (pre-HUB!)

A day by day, cruise long calendar listing all scheduled events - I make it on the computer at home, listing all activities by day and time, print it off and put it on the mirror. We add events as needed! Cruise at a glance! If you are a techie, do this on your phone!

Wow! It’s a club!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are!

By the way, I saw your correction post ...... "rose gold" and thought that was something that you always brought on your cruise ----- until I saw the "rise gold" in your previous post. LOL "Why would someone bring rose gold on a cruise???" Duh!

Where can I find beach towel chair clips in Miami? I live in a cold climate so hard to find at home. I can also use these on balcony to dry swimwear.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I got mine at Beall's. They have cute ones.

Hubby must carry his small squeegee to dry the balcony glass and doors.

I always carry a white door stopper with my name all over it (so it does not disappear) to hear the announcements that come on in the hall at embarkation and when arriving in ports.

Lately, I started carrying 2 dark drapes, with 2 curtain rods and 4 magnets that fit on the ceiling so DH can sleep in darkness while I turn on the desk light. It works well too.

Edited by Fighterone

I'm wondering now, after reading all of this, if I can stick to my resolution to travel light this time! I really just wanted to bring 1 carry on, and 1 small suitcase for the 2 of us!

Uh Oh.. Looks like you'll need another couple of large suitcases to fit in all of the stuff recommended in this thread! :o

I'm wondering now, after reading all of this, if I can stick to my resolution to travel light this time! I really just wanted to bring 1 carry on, and 1 small suitcase for the 2 of us!

Maybe leave out the curtains and curtain rods.