What one item do you always bring?

Dreams42Day

A pad of small post it notes to leave a note for steward if here is something I'd like taken care of.

We use post it notes to let each other know where we can be found.....saves a lot of walking and looking for the other guy on the ship....:)

I will look in Florida the day prior to cruise. Doubt our dollar store in Canada stocks them especially in winter months.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

The clips I mettioned are no t specifically and solely for use as beach towel holder but useful for so many things. I use them all tthe time around my house.

A bag of dog biscuits. When wandering around a port, never know when I'll meet up with a dog I need to make friends with. Quickly. :eek:

Amazing how many other animals like them, too.

Ruth, I have to share this story with you. We were in Panama last month and we went to a grocery store at the port. There was a sad looking doggy lying on the sidewalk (maybe catching some of the air conditioning when the door opened) so I immediately went in and bought a package of doggy biscuits.

I came outside and tossed one over to him. He lifted up his head, sniffed it ............. and laid back down, totally unimpressed by my effort! I guess I didn't buy his brand!

Bless you for doing this, I never thought of it....what a great idea!! I carry dog biscuits with me on walks at home for the neighborhood dogs I meet up with. I have indoor cats at home, and they always know I have been "cheating on them with a dog" when I come home from walks! Dog biscuits (or cat treats!) could probably be invaluable at times. I have met up with many dog friends and cat friends on travels. It's nice to meet the local people, but it is also nice to meet the animals. And who doesn't miss their pet(s) when they are away on vacation!

Love ❤️ this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you cards for the staff. I try to give one to everyone who helped us during pur cruise, like our room steward(s) and our waiter(s). They really appreciate a little note from the passengers telling them they did a great job!

I'm so happy to hear I am not the only one who carries dog treats when I walk. I know all the wonderful dogs on my 'route' and they know I am the cookie lady. and pull their owner over to me as soon as they notice me walking......... they are such sweeties and I love them all.

Yes, much to some dog owners dismay, I am known as "The Lady Who Walks With Dog Treats". The dogs see me coming from the other direction and usually start pulling on their leash to get over to me because they know what I have! One dog stuck her face in my pocket when I was talking to the dog owner because she wanted another treat! They are so cute! I just love animals and I can't get enough of them. I have cats, but I go walking to get my "Daily Dose of Dog'!!!:hearteyes:

Thank you cards for the staff. I try to give one to everyone who helped us during pur cruise, like our room steward(s) and our waiter(s). They really appreciate a little note from the passengers telling them they did a great job!

totally agree. I just look upon them as necessity ;)

My corkscrew is a luxury as is my flashlight. the thank you cards are always getting space in the suitcase ;)

no you can't but there should be an outlet by the mirror in the main stateroom area. ;)

Yes and on my last cruise I couldn't use my water flosser either, so I had to bundle up towels an use it at the vanity mirror in the cabin. Using batterie operated one next trip. Ugh not as powerful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes and on my last cruise I couldn't use my water flosser either, so I had to bundle up towels an use it at the vanity mirror in the cabin. Using batterie operated one next trip. Ugh not as powerful!

A power-strip. Then you can charge everything in one place and be surged protected!

totally agree. I just look upon them as necessity ;)

My corkscrew is a luxury as is my flashlight. the thank you cards are always getting space in the suitcase ;)

I have always taken the envelopes onboard the ship and drawn a (primitive) picture on the front (flowers, sunshine, etc.), along with a one line Thank You -- along with the employee's name. I will now bring Thank You cards -- lovely idea.

I have always taken the envelopes onboard the ship and drawn a (primitive) picture on the front (flowers, sunshine, etc.), along with a one line Thank You -- along with the employee's name. I will now bring Thank You cards -- lovely idea.

And let us not forget the "Let us Know" card in your stateroom if someone is really impressing or making your cruise special. those LUK cards mean a lot to staff.

A small flashlight

Excellent item, John. So many people without light when the lights go out. Along with a small flashlight, we always bring along a tea candle (battery operated) to be used in the bathroom for some light at night and, depending on the length of the cruise, several of the small CR2032 batteries needed to replace those that burn out in it.

This is a great one I never thought of. I get so frustrated not being able to plug in my own nightlight. On the Celebrity S-class ships there is low ambient lighting in the bathroom when the light is off. Not so on other ships.

The Oosterdam (after the remodel) had a nightlight in the ceiling in the bathroom. If I recall, Kdam did, too! Very nice feature!

Besides many already mentioned I bring some paper To Go cups/lids to bring back a cup of tea/coffee to the room.

And let us not forget the "Let us Know" card in your stateroom if someone is really impressing or making your cruise special. those LUK cards mean a lot to staff.

Yes! They always stress how important the survey is, but those employees are SO appreciative of being singled out for the good work that they do!

Where can I find beach towel chair clips in Miami? I live in a cold climate so hard to find at home. I can also use these on balcony to dry swimwear.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Dollar store in the laundry aisle where the clothespins are. Look for wide-mouth plastic ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

#1 is a collapsible Screwpull.

Followed by a mesh collapsible hamper, an over-the-door shoe holder for the bathroom door to hold small items, and Tide Pods...not for snacking but for hand washables. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk