What one item do you always bring?

Dreams42Day

We are!

By the way, I saw your correction post ...... "rose gold" and thought that was something that you always brought on your cruise ----- until I saw the "rise gold" in your previous post. LOL "Why would someone bring rose gold on a cruise???" Duh!

:'):'). I was thinking the same thing....rose gold on a cruise??!

LOL

I just bought those small battery operated candles for night lights....what a great idea! They will work perfectly if there is no plug in the bathroom for my night light. Thanks to you all who suggested it!

:)

We always take them. Also a small magnetic white board to leave messages and an over the door transparent shoe holder for all the small stuff.

We are!

By the way, I saw your correction post ...... "rose gold" and thought that was something that you always brought on your cruise ----- until I saw the "rise gold" in your previous post. LOL "Why would someone bring rose gold on a cruise???" Duh!

That’s funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:'):')

On a sad note:

We cruised on the Zuiderdam last month. I put out a necklace to wear when we disembarked because it has a tassel and I didn't want to pack it. The necklace was made by me with a bead that my friend brought from Africa in November. The rest of the necklace was beaded and had about 20 brass fittings. The total value was less than $100 but it meant a lot of me.

Well, I laid it out on the nightstand and forgot to put it on. Even when I glanced around the cabin as we left, I didn't see it.

I contacted Guest Services, who said that would investigate. They didn't call me back so I called them again. Although I gave a full description of it on the first call, they didn't have anything other than "beaded necklace". They asked if I would like a call or email after they checked. I said call, so I could ask questions. Yep, I got an email saying that it was not found. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So, no more special necklaces go on cruises anymore ..... not even rose gold!!!

1. Bluetooth portable speaker to play tunes on the balcony at a reasonable volume.

2. Collapsible wine carrier (Amazon) holds 6 bottles that we buy at Total Wine on 17th St.

3. Corkscrew. Forgot one time and called room service. They took forever to respond so I opened the bottle with my shoe. This trick actually works if you have a hard soled shoe, just invert bottle and whack for a few minutes until the cork comes out about half way, then you can do the rest with your fingers. Results may vary but I've done this about 5 times with no issues except it is a little loud.

On a sad note:

We cruised on the Zuiderdam last month. I put out a necklace to wear when we disembarked because it has a tassel and I didn't want to pack it. The necklace was made by me with a bead that my friend brought from Africa in November. The rest of the necklace was beaded and had about 20 brass fittings. The total value was less than $100 but it meant a lot of me.

Well, I laid it out on the nightstand and forgot to put it on. Even when I glanced around the cabin as we left, I didn't see it.

I contacted Guest Services, who said that would investigate. They didn't call me back so I called them again. Although I gave a full description of it on the first call, they didn't have anything other than "beaded necklace". They asked if I would like a call or email after they checked. I said call, so I could ask questions. Yep, I got an email saying that it was not found. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So, no more special necklaces go on cruises anymore ..... not even rose gold!!!

I left a watch behind once. Not an expensive one, but huge sentimental value. It didn’t get “found” either. :(

No offense intended. In fact, some of the HAL ships already have curtains so no need to bring your own.

The Veendam stateroom we are in does not. I only take these when we don't have a suite and since none was available on this next cruise, I will take my curtains and rods although I don't like to when we are flying which will be the case this next time.

Love this thread!

It's hard to pick one lol I never travel without my travel cubes. They keep our clothes organized, less wrinkles and save space! I also have a cruise emergency kit that stays packed with items like charcoal, duck tape, pins, sewing kit, bandaids, pepto etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Inquiring mind needs to know-

What is the charcoal for?

Activated charcoal (Norit) is great for funky stomachs, be it from food, booze or motion. Not going to lie, your #2 is black as hell and may spray paint the ceilings, but after the 2nd and subsequent doses, will be better...an insurance policy...

Nick

Brunei